Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Epicstorms View Post
    Agreed with rebalancing the raid so that also the weaker players can have fun.
    There's nothing wrong with allowing players to have fun. There is something seriously wrong with giving players who have absolutely no interest in challenging raiding environments access to the best gear in the game.

Normal should drop absolutely no loot. If you want that, you can work for it.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.

Quote Originally Posted by MaeveTuohy View Post
    Just had my first run of the raid.

We had a strong team of experienced pug raiders. The team leader had run it a few times before, including prior to the update.

It was fun, and a decent length for what it was.

We completed without a death.

It was a good training level of difficulty in my opinion. I think the devs nailed it with their re-scale.

Looking forward to trying it on hard.
    Really happy everyone can now just walk into LN, do a couple of puzzles, and beat down a raid boss that literally doesn't do anything and then get all the best named loot in the game. Such fun! Much challenge!
    Sinetic | Cinetic | Fayelinn | Auneari
    ~Thelanis~
    ZERG

Community Member

Some of our guild ran a THTH a couple times last night, both on Normal. I'll talk about the 2nd run since it was more puggy. Our guild is pretty familiar with the raid - we had completed hard before the patch. The party was 5-6 guild (one of which had never done the raid), 3-4 friends of guild, and 3 absolute pugs, from putting up a public LFM and taking the first 3 to apply. We noticed the decrease in difficulty, but it will still be a good challenge I think. In fact we didn't complete the first try (our communication still needs a little work and we were trying a strategy that didn't pan out) but did on the second. It's possible for a pug (and I don't consider a group of endgame raiders getting together a pug) to complete now, but maybe not on the first try unless they have a great leader who's familiar with the raid. It won't be a cakewalk for them. I think the difficulty now is suitable for a Tier 4 raid and it's more fun for everyone. Groups with unoptimized toons unfamiliar with the raid should be able to get far enough into the raid to get to know the mechanics now. I wish the raid had been released like this. My guild is looking forward to attempting the raid on R1 this weekend and probably failing miserably!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinetic View Post
    Really happy everyone can now just walk into LN, do a couple of puzzles, and beat down a raid boss that literally doesn't do anything and then get all the best named loot in the game. Such fun! Much challenge!
    What best named loot? Nothing dropped for any of us. And it isn't the best IMO.

As for fun, that's not for you to determine for me or anyone else.

As for challenge, there are twelve other difficulty levels. Let us all know when you have soloed R10 and are out of challenges on this raid. And lots and lots of people are not here for a challenge. DDO is light entertainment for me. If I am looking for a challenge I will climb more peaks (literal, not figurative), learn another language (my fourth), design another board game, or change to a fourth career. Or something else. Many paying customers here don't turn to computer games solely or specifically for "challenge."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird6757 View Post
    I think the difficulty now is suitable for a Tier 4 raid
    I think you're very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post
    I think you're very wrong.
    I think you are very right.
    ~Thelanis~
    ZERG

Community Member

What best named loot? Nothing dropped for any of us.
    With a sample size of... 1?

What best named loot? Nothing dropped for any of us. And it isn't the best IMO.

As for fun, that's not for you to determine for me or anyone else.

As for challenge, there are twelve other difficulty levels. Let us all know when you have soloed R10 and are out of challenges on this raid. And lots and lots of people are not here for a challenge. DDO is light entertainment for me. If I am looking for a challenge I will climb more peaks (literal, not figurative), learn another language (my fourth), design another board game, or change to a fourth career. Or something else. Many paying customers here don't turn to computer games solely or specifically for "challenge."
    Your attempts to"flex" on me to prove a point are laughable. None of your personal achievements have anything to do with this game. This raid turned into another Mark of Death as I was worried that it was. People will farm it out on LN and get everything and then never run it again. Strahd and Baba (Both tier 3 raids) are harder than this raid. People have just become so accustomed to being spoon fed easy content that when they actual have to work and figure stuff out they panic and complain it is too hard. I am fine with the difficulty being reduced so the less intense population can complete to experience the story. Fine by me. Just don't give them any loot for minimal effort.
    ~Thelanis~
    ZERG

Community Member

With a sample size of... 1?
    12, the raid party was full. I did not indicate that I soloed it. (Duh)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinetic View Post
    Your attempts to"flex" on me to prove a point are laughable. None of your personal achievements have anything to do with this game.
    Maybe the challenge is putting up with nonsense like this.

Community Member

For the "hardest" raid in the game that's a serious issue.

Disagree strongly with you on this - the poster stated the group was composed of strong endgame raiders. They should be able to get through Normal without problems. It would be a problem if the group was composed of unoptimized non-raiders who don't play much or at all together. You and others keep missing the point that THERE ARE 12 LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY ABOVE NORMAL. 12. Plenty of room for challenge. If that doesn't matter why do we have 10 levels of Reaper??? Maybe we should have just had 1 level of Reaper.

Except it's not. Named loot still drops. We got 3 named items drop in a normal run the other day. For absolutely no work.

Excuse me. For 9 minutes of "work" I mean.
    Good for you. My guild has had at least 5 runs in the past few days where we got skunked. Normal has a low drop rate - most of our other runs had 1 named item drop. You got very lucky in your run. You make it sound like a group of 12 filthy casuals can waltz into the quest, pop open a chest, and get everything they want. That's not even remotely the case, even now. In my opinion, the more people that play and learn the raid the better.

Community Member

Ugh - typing too fast, should be working. The second paragraph in the quote above is mine

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird6757 View Post
    Good for you. My guild has had at least 5 runs in the past few days where we got skunked. Normal has a low drop rate - most of our other runs had 1 named item drop. You got very lucky in your run. You make it sound like a group of 12 filthy casuals can waltz into the quest, pop open a chest, and get everything they want. That's not even remotely the case, even now. In my opinion, the more people that play and learn the raid the better.
    Well we just had a group of 9 filthy casuals + 2 good peeps run it in 9 minutes and got 2 named items so...
    ~Thelanis~
    ZERG

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234