Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    I wonder if the missing mechanic is related to the cooling tanks. We've completed it with completing the cooling tank puzzles in part 3 and with not completing the puzzles.

    what bugs i've seen... lag... and trash pops continually and boom done.
    My understanding of that is that to get the boss back in phase 3-1 you only need to solve the coolent tanks, not solving the furnaces will result in the DoT still affecting the group. We've had this happen a few times where we solve the coolent tanks before the furnaces; however we then finished the furnaces before beating the boss down. I'm curious though if you kill the boss before solving the furnaces what happens? Do you still need to do the furnaces after or is it over at that point?
    Afunkymunky/Drkivorkian, Helter Skelter on Ghallanda

    Epic Ring of Spell Storing--https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...+spell+storing

  2. #22
    Developer Torc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    180

    Default Brain Fart

    Quote Originally Posted by apep1412 View Post
    Minor corrections: Reapers spawn in all reaper raids, not just Killing Time. All non-boss, non-raid-boss mobs in Killing Time can be champions; it's not limited to any particular sections of the raid. Unless there's been a change to those two that hasn't been announced yet. Should I be submitting bug reports with screenshots for these if they aren't WAI?
    Nope! My head has been in the oven to long. You are correct. Reapers spawn in most raids.

    -T

  3. #23
    2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    So … that raid… Too Hot to Handle.... kinda living up to its name.

    After watching you fight the good fight for a couple of weeks, and going over the data, we’ve concluded that the raid is over-performing modestly for our goals.

    As a result we are currently a testing a few changes that will affect all difficulty levels, although the adjustment to Elite will be much smaller. None of these changes affect core mechanics of the raid, and instead will target pacing. The fixes should be live within a few weeks, but we’ll have an exact date soon.

    A few notes:

    This is one of the most difficult raids we’ve seen in while. There have been no Elite completions, and very few Hard completions, across all servers. A fair number of Normal. The guides we see posted have become more accurate (yet not perfect), indicating knowledge of the raid mechanics is mostly out there. There are a few wrinkles though that if you guys don’t understand yet, it will cost you. Giving no spoilers though.

    This raid was designed to push our raiding community harder, and to shake up things. To see what life would be like if Elite first completion was something that might not happen day one of release. We’ve actually gotten a lot of positive feedback on this count. Even if the raid seems crazy, there is always the question for some, can you find a way?

    We opted for putting the gauntlet in Elite rather than Reaper because the Reaper tree power doesn’t match up well with the first skull, and skull ten is just….bonkers.

    Our minor nerf to Elite was after some consideration of not touching it at all, but the thinking is since it hasn’t been beaten yet moving the goal post slightly closer will just mean more people will be in the race.


    -T

    P.S. - So we almost called this raid “Go die in a fire”, but we thought that might have been to on the nose…
    I'm really disappointed about this. After all of the complaining that the game isn't hard enough - especially for endgame elite raiders - you finally gave us a challenge. Now the complaints are that it's too hard? Stick to your guns. It's okay for endgame raids to be unbeatable until we figure out all of the mechanics. If normal difficulty is PUG-able, that's good enough.
    Astreya the Unturning

    It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

  4. #24
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Will we maybe get a reduction of evil damage? Since it is unavoidable currently to my knowledge. Also, Will you guys be reducing spawns or increasing the amount of time it takes for wraiths to upgrade?

  5. #25

    Default 2h2h lag

    Is the lag in the raid being examined? We’ve had runs where we’ve lagged out even before the shrine. It gets frustrating when the lag happens run after run after run where you can’t move for a long while
    Day 1 Founder
    Main characters: Usually on Rhyes, Miniryse or Legolass
    I'm rich! filthy rich! /runs off to AH
    /cry! I'm poor! flat broke!

    Lava Divers - Khyber

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    Will we maybe get a reduction of evil damage? Since it is unavoidable currently to my knowledge.
    Per my understanding, all of the evil damage is subject to either PRR or MRR [edit note: this is not expressing uncertainty about which one matters for evil damage. Rather, different attacks use PRR or MRR depending on which attack it is.]. I think the Evil Absorption tower shield might apply to all of it, or perhaps only the magical portion. Most of the magical evil damage offers a will save for half damage. Most of the physical evil damage is stopped by concealment, dodge, and/or deflect arrows.
    Last edited by Noircere; 06-05-2019 at 07:50 PM.

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    96

    Default This is all irrelevant if the lag isn't addressed

    In the 25 or so completions we have finished on Normal, 90% were completed with massive lag spikes at the end. In numerous cases we reset the raid on the first fights because it is unplayable. We have now lost interest in pursuing it on harder difficulties because of the constant lag wipes. When you fix that we will be back.

  8. #28
    Community Member -D_Rock-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the depths of the minds who can see it.
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    So … that raid… Too Hot to Handle.... kinda living up to its name.

    After watching you fight the good fight for a couple of weeks, and going over the data, we’ve concluded that the raid is over-performing modestly for our goals.

    As a result we are currently a testing a few changes that will affect all difficulty levels, although the adjustment to Elite will be much smaller. None of these changes affect core mechanics of the raid, and instead will target pacing. The fixes should be live within a few weeks, but we’ll have an exact date soon.

    A few notes:

    This is one of the most difficult raids we’ve seen in while. There have been no Elite completions, and very few Hard completions, across all servers. A fair number of Normal. The guides we see posted have become more accurate (yet not perfect), indicating knowledge of the raid mechanics is mostly out there. There are a few wrinkles though that if you guys don’t understand yet, it will cost you. Giving no spoilers though.

    This raid was designed to push our raiding community harder, and to shake up things. To see what life would be like if Elite first completion was something that might not happen day one of release. We’ve actually gotten a lot of positive feedback on this count. Even if the raid seems crazy, there is always the question for some, can you find a way?

    We opted for putting the gauntlet in Elite rather than Reaper because the Reaper tree power doesn’t match up well with the first skull, and skull ten is just….bonkers.

    Our minor nerf to Elite was after some consideration of not touching it at all, but the thinking is since it hasn’t been beaten yet moving the goal post slightly closer will just mean more people will be in the race.


    -T

    P.S. - So we almost called this raid “Go die in a fire”, but we thought that might have been to on the nose…
    for a 'Normal' this raid is a bit ridiculous to say the least. it felt like an r4 quest at minimum and I do r10's daily. For a normal raid this is not acceptable to anyone for a NORMAL difficulty. I can totally understand hard and elite and reaper as well but NORMAL, just no.

    You almost called it "Go die in a fire". more like you almost called it "DDO dies in a Fire". Not the best way to get your players to play your poor humor Raid content on normal. Do you even play test your own content? I almost forgot, we ARE your playtesters as you barely play your own game obviously. At least you woke up to feedback. Going in some sort of direction here I guess perhaps.
    Proud leader of The Forgotten Creed of Argo. long live PNP & Gary Gygax immortalized.
    Main: Magnusss Arcanum of Argonnessen

  9. #29
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -D_Rock- View Post
    for a 'Normal' this raid is a bit ridiculous to say the least. it felt like an r4 quest at minimum and I do r10's daily. For a normal raid this is not acceptable to anyone for a NORMAL difficulty. I can totally understand hard and elite and reaper as well but NORMAL, just no.

    You almost called it "Go die in a fire". more like you almost called it "DDO dies in a Fire". Not the best way to get your players to play your poor humor Raid content on normal. Do you even play test your own content? I almost forgot, we ARE your playtesters as you barely play your own game obviously. At least you woke up to feedback. Going in some sort of direction here I guess perhaps.
    DDO is not going to die because of one bad Reed. We already have a dozen reads that we don't run. One more raid that we don't run is not going to make a difference.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    I'm really disappointed about this. After all of the complaining that the game isn't hard enough - especially for endgame elite raiders - you finally gave us a challenge. Now the complaints are that it's too hard? Stick to your guns. It's okay for endgame raids to be unbeatable until we figure out all of the mechanics. If normal difficulty is PUG-able, that's good enough.
    Bearing in mind that I have not yet run this raid...

    My understanding was that people were asking for normal to be toned down, so as to be accessible even for people that might not have access to raid guilds and need to do pug raids. If that is indeed the case, then it would make sense to tone down normal, either adjust or leave hard the way it is, and leave elite alone.

    But again, I haven't had time to devote to running it and figuring it out lately, so take that with a grain of salt.
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)


    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

  11. #31
    Community Member Shadow_Jumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    Bearing in mind that I have not yet run this raid...

    My understanding was that people were asking for normal to be toned down, so as to be accessible even for people that might not have access to raid guilds and need to do pug raids. If that is indeed the case, then it would make sense to tone down normal, either adjust or leave hard the way it is, and leave elite alone.

    But again, I haven't had time to devote to running it and figuring it out lately, so take that with a grain of salt.
    The big issue is that if you don't DPS the boss and trash fast enough, you get swamped by trash mobs. If you don't solve the puzzles fast enough, you can't advance the raid all the while spawning more mobs. And if you don't bring the proper Absorb, things hurt.

    Basically; its challenging because it requires you to deal with trash quickly, solve puzzles, and have semi-decent dps. Which is the bane of pug groups.

  12. #32
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,064

    Default

    The typical RAID PUG:

    - most players dont know what to do
    - some players dont/cant follow basic directions, like A pls heal B..
    - most players are under geared
    - most players have just finished a TR quicky suboptimal PL build
    - most players are not going to do extra preparation (maxing absorption, mrr, hamp)
    - most players simply arent going to try a 2nd time after a wipe
    - they are not going to discuss deep strategy, bad exp per minute yo!
    ...
    and more


    and yet these peeps still paid the same money for content, unless there ever going to be a casual mode to raids where you can pick random 11 and get thru it, content needs to be adjusted for the realistic assumptions about the PUG, sure sure occasionally you get those 3-4 vets in a group that carries the other 8, i was for a long time one of those 3-4 players, but this time i will pass. In fact if this goes to be a trend, I just pass on DDO, raids are important content for me, this is just silly, like stand behind the archers in MoD silly just worse.

  13. #33
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    Mechanics are fine. Just tone down normal so that a wider player population has a chance to complete the raid.
    Thank you.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  14. #34
    Community Member Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pocket Pita Plane
    Posts
    2,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    Nope! My head has been in the oven to long. You are correct. Reapers spawn in most raids.

    -T
    Is the special attack fire vomit death breath evadable? I heard it had dragon buffet attached to it mistakenly, when that is fixed will the raid be easier already?


  15. #35
    Community Member S3R3N1T7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    72

    Lightbulb

    I share the fact that it's a good mechanic and a funny ride.
    Unfortunately there is a problem with part 3 even if it is a t4 if we have the Runner in lfm (normal with average player (not completions etc)) I find it really bad I can understand hard or Elite but normal it's a bit limited (that's my point of view).

  16. #36
    Community Member Loromir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    4,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    I'm really disappointed about this. After all of the complaining that the game isn't hard enough - especially for endgame elite raiders - you finally gave us a challenge. Now the complaints are that it's too hard? Stick to your guns. It's okay for endgame raids to be unbeatable until we figure out all of the mechanics. If normal difficulty is PUG-able, that's good enough.
    I agree with this statement. Absolutely tone down norm to give all us casuals a fighting chance to complete it...but keep hard and elite right where they are. The first group to complete Elite...then reaper can actually puff up their chests at a worthy accomplishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Opening up the casual difficulty for raids would have been a much better solution. Since all the whiners are just complaining about not being able to play through the content they paid for. Just give them their casual difficulty. Since they are just a bunch of casuals.


    Proud Member of the Bunch of Casuals Club!!!!!

  17. #37
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    27,026

    Default

    Yes, the intention with these changes is to open the raid to more people on Normal, and probably also open up higher difficulties to a still challenging but doable state. That DDO's raiding community still hasn't completed the raid on Elite says something, after all.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  18. #38
    Community Member Shadow_Jumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes, the intention with these changes is to open the raid to more people on Normal, and probably also open up higher difficulties to a still challenging but doable state. That DDO's raiding community still hasn't completed the raid on Elite says something, after all.
    I wouldn't worry too much. Let powercreep take its path.

  19. #39
    Community Member Shadow_Jumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    and yet these peeps still paid the same money for content, unless there ever going to be a casual mode to raids where you can pick random 11 and get thru it, content needs to be adjusted for the realistic assumptions about the PUG, sure sure occasionally you get those 3-4 vets in a group that carries the other 8, i was for a long time one of those 3-4 players, but this time i will pass. In fact if this goes to be a trend, I just pass on DDO, raids are important content for me, this is just silly, like stand behind the archers in MoD silly just worse.
    Honestly, a casual mode isn't a terrible idea.

    Give raids a LC difficulty, where the players have 100% immunity to all damage and cannot die. Downside is they earn something like 10 runes per completion however.

  20. #40
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,064

    Default

    Kinda ironic that We almost always die to the evil portion of the damage (low MRR cap) while the raids' theme is being on fire.

    300 fire dmg vs 600-700 evil hmmz, If I was building around this raid (I wont), the fire portion would be the easiest part to manage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    Honestly, a casual mode isn't a terrible idea.

    Give raids a LC difficulty, where the players have 100% immunity to all damage and cannot die. Downside is they earn something like 10 runes per completion however.
    That would be more like a story tour. I would never suggest full immunity or god mode. The reward could be completely eliminated to be honest, this would serve the purpose to experience the content, rather than getting loot or adrenalin surge.
    Last edited by janave; 06-06-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload