Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, June 5th 9:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT)

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable for a restart at 9:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, June 5th. Reminder that it can take up to an hour for guild airship amenities to repopulate.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable for a restart at 9:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, June 5th. Reminder that it can take up to an hour for guild airship amenities to repopulate.
    See you at 9:01!
    Sabbath - Sarlona

I wish we could go back in time to when the servers stayed up 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We never used to need downtimes. The servers never used to degrade after a week. Over time, with a succesful product/company making money, we should be seeing improvements: More server power, more live events, more dynamic bigger crowds doing cooler and amazing things. Instead we see degradation, reduction in abilities, less and less of everything. And you know what? After years and years of cutting back? It still lags, still has stop and go, etc.

I would gladly pay $300 just for better hardware for the game. No need for dice rolls on every server, no cosmetics required. Just take my money, please! Get better stuff. Some of us who play can arrange some funding for DDO in a heartbeat. Your players love your game- let them help you.
    Last edited by Mindos; 06-04-2019 at 06:58 PM.

The issue could stem from a number of different things that are harder to control, such as location space and cooling, ability to maintain newer or costlier hardware (IE: "Hey I bought the latest and greatest servers!" - "Great! Do you know how to repair them when they go wrong?" - "!!!"), the ever-growing complexity of the game being forced through an outdated and inefficient code, the increasing limitations on bandwidth by providers due to limited airspace, the list goes on.

My personal bottom line, it's a temporary server shut-down. Enjoy it and spend some time outdoors and/or with friends and family, or sleeping, or getting extra hours at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    We never used to need downtimes.
    Yes, we did.
    The servers never used to degrade after a week.
    Yes, they did.

We just didn't get those things and then the servers would up and crash completely. But yes, it is a shame that we can't go back to that very first week of launch when everything was rosy.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I wish we could go back in time to when the servers stayed up 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We never used to need downtimes. The servers never used to degrade after a week. Over time, with a succesful product/company making money, we should be seeing improvements: More server power, more live events, more dynamic bigger crowds doing cooler and amazing things. Instead we see degradation, reduction in abilities, less and less of everything. And you know what? After years and years of cutting back? It still lags, still has stop and go, etc.

I would gladly pay $300 just for better hardware for the game. No need for dice rolls on every server, no cosmetics required. Just take my money, please! Get better stuff. Some of us who play can arrange some funding for DDO in a heartbeat. Your players love your game- let them help you.
    We never used to have downtimes, but that doesn't mean we didn't need them.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Last night during Pacific Ocean primetime (low server population) Ghallanda was a sliding roller skating giraffe on a frozen pond headed over the waterfall of server crash. Slide showy with some server few second lockups here an there for everyone on the instance.
    DDO 2019: ALL SHARN TOWERS - ALL THE TIME.