Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default 12 PLs more: no no no

Well, devs want to introduce twelve new epic PLs. Twelve! After introduce 3 with the tiefling, and having pending soon another three of a new class.

Please, this is too much. This madness has to cease. If devs are going to continue introducing new endless character progression systems, it is necessary to move to account-based progression systems and help new players get into the wheel at a mid-point.

This is too much, devs. Too. 12 new lives more!! No no no. The players of alts for two years complaining that you are killing the alts, and add 12 more lives? Or 18, actually, that the tiefling has been very recent and the new class will not be long.

Tired, devs. We are tired.

Account progression systems, now!!! We can not continue on the way we go! Why do devs want to enlarge even more a huge power difference? Why do they hate the alts and the new players?
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member

I'm fine with them making all past lives account based, but, whether they make that change or not, I definitely do not want to discourage them from adding more past lives. There can never be too many past lives. The more the better. New races wouldn't mean anything to me if I didn't know they would also come with 3 more racial past lives. I'm not sure I will ever even buy Wood Elf since it doesn't have any unique past lives attached to it.

I'm glad to hear they are adding some additional epic past lives. If they come with new Epic Destiny trees that is even better!

Agreed, as I've said in the official discussion as well.

BAD MOVE!

I kind of hate you guys for it at the moment, very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    I'm fine with them making all past lives account based, but, whether they make that change or not, I definitely do not want to discourage them from adding more past lives. There can never be too many past lives. The more the better. New races wouldn't mean anything to me if I didn't know they would also come with 3 more racial past lives. I'm not sure I will ever even buy Wood Elf since it doesn't have any unique past lives attached to it.

I'm glad to hear they are adding some additional epic past lives. If they come with new Epic Destiny trees that is even better!
    Let me just ask you this though. Do you play mainly 1 toon? Do you raid actively?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Epicstorms View Post
    Let me just ask you this though. Do you play mainly 1 toon? Do you raid actively?
    Yes and No. I collect past lives. Raiding is pointless because gear will eventually be replaced by better gear. Past lives are forever and thus are the only character improvement that is worth the trouble of acquiring. I get why people want account-based past lives and am totally fine with that feature being added, but having fewer total past lives just means less of a reason to play.

By the way, where is this announcement of 12 more past lives? I am looking through the forums but don't see new posts in the official discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicstorms View Post
    He has said many times that he only plays a toon and that he does not want to play more than one toon.

As always, alts players and new players are those that are sold with the current direction of the game. All the benefits are for veteran players with a single character

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    By the way, where is this announcement of 12 more past lives? I am looking through the forums but don't see new posts in the official discussions.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...pic-Past-Lives

Community Member

Thank you

Community Member

I'm in favor of account progression as well. I wasn't jumping for joy at the new past lives. I don't think I hate them as much as others in this thread, but I definitely agree we need account progression at this point in the game.

Bounty Hunter

It seems these type of grinds are critical to DDO's monetization strategy. I like that epic completionist is still based on 12 of 48 lifes. I like that they give new choices for stances not more stances.

I do not feel it's a big deal if I skip these epic lifes. Overall - mostly apathy, but I will probably get the 12 lifes eventually - but no rush.

I like account progression also - I think reaper should have been an account progression system.

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

The hamster wheel has been an enormous part of Turbine/SSG's profits and business model since TR was introduced. They aren't going to stop now.

I don't think you're wrong, but it's not going to change.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

I don't really understand why any of the new PL's have to be done, by anyone.

Maybe tactics I guess? But otherwise just seems like more random options for people that have everything and love epic (there are a few)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by boredGamer View Post

Maybe tactics I guess? But otherwise just seems like more random options for people that have everything and love epic (there are a few)
    The passives will stack up.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by boredGamer View Post

Because they end up making new content scale to all the power available. Why do you think the new raid is so difficult on normal?
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)

Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    The passives will stack up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    Because they end up making new content scale to all the power available. Why do you think the new raid is so difficult on normal?
    You don't get more passives with the new epic past lives, they are the same for whatever sphere they are in that you already have. The only thing you get is the choice of a different active stance. And none of them are all that great, they are just okay - which is fine since you can choose whether or not they will be better for your build than a current active stance.

But the passives remain unchanged.
    Last edited by Fedora1; 06-04-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

I agree the number of past lives right now is excessive, and we don't need any more, but I don't like the idea of account based past lives at all. Ubers with whole stables of maxed out toons will make the power disparity worse not better. It would also make all your characters feel like the borg. I like that they have individual histories and corresponding abilities.

A system for picking up PLs while at cap would be a better way of limiting that feeling of having an endless grind before getting to play the character you want.
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    You don't get more passives with the new epic past lives, they are the same for whatever sphere they are in that you already have. The only thing you get is the choice of a different active stance. And none of them are all that great, they are just okay - which is fine since you can choose whether or not they will be better for your build than a current active stance.

But the passives remain unchanged.
    You do get additional stacks of the passives. Each EPL gives both a passive bonus and a stance and these are no different.

Arcane Sphere:
    Ancient Knowledge

Arcane Past Life Stance: +3 MRR per stack of this past life.
    Passive Bonus: +1% Absorption of Acid, Cold, Electric, and Fire damage per stack of this past life.

Divine Sphere:
    Ancient Blessings

Divine Past Life Stance: +5 Positive, Negative, and Repair Healing Amplification per stack of this past life. (This does not allow you to benefit from Negative/Repair healing if you do not normally do so.)
    Passive Bonus: +3 PRR per stack of this Past Life.

Martial Sphere:
    Ancient Tactics

Active Bonus: +2 to Tactics DCs and +1 to Assassinate DCs per stack of this past life.
    Passive Bonus: +2 AC per stack of this Past Life and +1 AC per ten character levels.

Primal Sphere:
    Ancient Power

Primal Past Life Stance: +2 to Attack per stack of this past life. If you are fighting in Two Handed Fighting style, you also gain +2 Damage per stack of this past life.
    Passive Bonus: +3 maximum HP and +4 per ten character levels.
    All those passive bonuses stack with everything else.
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    You do get additional stacks of the passives. Each EPL gives both a passive bonus and a stance and these are no different.

All those passive bonuses stack with everything else.
    They max out at 3, which you already have.

Notes:

The effective change is that you have a 4th choice of Epic Past Lives in each Sphere.
    Like every other set of Epic Past Lives, these go up to 3 stacks (for a total of 12 new PLs).
    The Passives are unlikely to change, as they match all the other Past Lives in that sphere. They're just here for the complete picture.
    So if you already have 3 past lives of each sphere, the passives remain unchanged.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    They max out at 3, which you already have.
    You are reading what you want to see. They currently stack to 9 and it will be 12. I think steel even answered someone carrying that yes it will stack.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast