Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default I wish past lives & reaper XP were shared between all characters

I don't really want to start another character with 0 past lives, 0 tomes, 0 destinies, 0 anything. But I'd like to have a character I could raid with while TRing my main.

The only design-type problem I have with this game is how unfriendly it is to alts. There are currently a total of 147 past life feats in game (including the new 4x3=12 epic past lives):

* Heroic, 14x3=42
    * racial, 12x3=36
    * iconic, 7x3=21
    * epic 16x3=48

Total: 147

Now you don't need to have 147 past lives just to play, but I sure wish creating alts had more incentive. I'd be quite happy to pay for supreme +8, XP tomes, bags and bank slots for an alt that shared the dozen or so past lives I have on my main... but it took me a year to get those PLs and I'm just not going to start a second character with nothing.

Another issue is often times people run their main as a META character, then play an off-META alt to explore other things than just META play. Many of these off-META alts that work, do so because of having specific PLs which synergize, and are not necessarily overly effective as first life characters.

Players also do not like to move down the difficulty scale, as it nets fewer rewards, especially a jump from reaper to non-reaper, which is far worse than going from elite to hard. As such, people lobbied often and loudly to keep elite less difficult, up to and including solo-able in the past (even though that scaling down for less players in elite was originally a bug and not an intended feature).

Yes please. The grind has gotten out of hand. It have gone A LOT out of hand.

Yes, I'm very angry right now. 12 new past lives! But what are the devs thinking about?
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Already discussed in the past a few times at least, but yes I agree.

You can be sure there will be people in here soon that don't agree

We need love for alts though. The game is hurt due to all this single character progression

I'm all for it if a character can only share one of each type of past life feat. (Class, Race, Iconic, Epic)
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    I'm all for it if a character can only share one of each type of past life feat. (Class, Race, Iconic, Epic)
    Why only one type? They just put 3 lives past with the tiefling, in a few weeks we will have 12 more, and before a few months, another three more. It is clear that this will not end. Six years ago I would have said no to account progression, but this is ridiculous. Now what is absurd is that there is not.

they have gotten out of hand

By God, 12 more lives. I'm really angry.

Community Member

All for this. Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTOTG View Post
    I don't really want to start another character with 0 past lives, 0 tomes, 0 destinies, 0 anything. But I'd like to have a character I could raid with while TRing my main.

The only design-type problem I have with this game is how unfriendly it is to alts. There are currently a total of 147 past life feats in game (including the new 4x3=12 epic past lives):

* Heroic, 14x3=42
    * racial, 12x3=36
    * iconic, 7x3=21
    * epic 16x3=48

Total: 147

Now you don't need to have 147 past lives just to play, but I sure wish creating alts had more incentive. I'd be quite happy to pay for supreme +8, XP tomes, bags and bank slots for an alt that shared the dozen or so past lives I have on my main... but it took me a year to get those PLs and I'm just not going to start a second character with nothing.

Wish I could transfer past lives from 5 of my alts and consolidate them onto the 3 toons I am left playing..
    all that money spent upgrading bank/tomes/bags/lives/etc for once playable alts to have them turned into expensive pack mules...
    what a waste... if I had known SSG was going to go this direction I would never have spent all that time, money and resources on a stable of alt toons... they are basically worthless now.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    Why only one type?
    One of each type. (That means a maximum of 4 tier 3 feats.) We need to incentivize SSG to give up on the sale of hearts of wood, and what better way than Character Slot + XP tomes + Stat Tome + Bank Space + Backpack Space + AP tomes? (Also, it adds incentive for people to buy Ultimate editions of Expansion Packs.)
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    One of each type. (That means a maximum of 4 tier 3 feats.) We need to incentivize SSG to give up on the sale of hearts of wood, and what better way than Character Slot + XP tomes + Stat Tome + Bank Space + Backpack Space + AP tomes? (Also, it adds incentive for people to buy Ultimate editions of Expansion Packs.)
    Now, and I say that at this point, since it is clear that they will continue to add endless progression systems, ALL the progression should be based on account.

They have gone too far.

This game needs something to help the development of Alts.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo

Community Member

is elite completable on a first life toon
    is reaper 1 completable on first life toon

both of those questions are yes
    and if they are not for you, learn to play because past lives will not help you.

it is your choice to play one toon or 20

the past lives are to keep people on hamster wheel and not needed in this game with 2 exceptions.

1. reaper points--- because you are not talking about a +1 skill it is hundreds of hit points. reaper trees are broken and do make a vast chasm in the player base. they are game breakingly broken.

the shear power from 34 reaper points is crazy. barbarian past life really 10 hit points 3 lives 30 hit points. don't waste your time on barb past lives you get 8 hit points for one reaper point.

4 reaper points you get more hit points than 3 past lives of barbarian its crazy.

2. racial--- by linking racial PL with racial points has done exactly what the devs for years did not want. more enhancement points. they put things in racial trees that are good but not good enough to actually put points there or made point distribution really a tough choice to put them there. they said no for years on enhancement point increase but all of a sudden they put it as a reward that is long and tedious to achieve and grants crazy amounts in power. 94 points in enhancements is crazy powerful not a small gain.

those 2 really should be account based, they are not the typical small increments of DDO.

edit: logged into kids account on accident, really not trying to hide who i am

Yabthis should have been implemented from they start. They could even sell something in store that allows you to accrue reaper xp for your account while earning it. I brought up a store bought opt back when destinies came out for accruing off destiny xp Instead of smashing house of rusted blades for hours on end and they just now got around to doing it. They fumble the football on stuff sometimes.
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

On my home server (Thelanis) I have my main Mornyngstar who is doing racial past lives along with the epic past life each time. My secondary main is Seldissan who is running thru the epic past lives in serial (18 done so far). I then have 13 toons in epics with 10 at capped and geared (Ravenloft plus a few items). Another 10 that haven't been run up to epics yet. The last ones are the 20 bank toons with 11 of then capped at 20 currently, one of which I tred as a Warlock stuck at lv 16 to farm Cannith Challenge ingredients (last bonus weekend that I ran her netted 120K+ ings). And 1 slot still open Thanks to Sharn Expansion. (part of the alts purpose is to farm Sagas for Mercenaries Incorporated [9 levels left to go] and eventually Mornyngstar Clan Guild, bank toon guild [still stuck at lv 35]).

Now When I get tired of running a particular style on my mains I switch out for a time with my alts. On my alts I can run basic Reaper lv 1 and support at higher Reaper levels. I would not take my alts thru Sharn on Reaper yet or the latest Raids (just haven't learned them yet but for the rest even with little or none past lives they can help carry a party. There was one time someone joined my group when we were doing an R7 run but I had to tell them that I would have been running R1 but Gadriad insisted on the higher Reaper and said it was ok if he had to carry us.

The idea for this game is to use that style that works for you.

So I say no to shared Past Lives and shared Reaper xp.
    My 2 mains are Mornyngstar and Seldissan on Thelanis but I also have toons on all servers with those names. Any toon that has Mornyngstar Clan as their last name is most likely me.

Community Member

As someone who was just finishing up triple everything, I guess they have my number. I'll keep tring instead of playing at cap until I get bored and stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mornyngstar View Post
    Snip
    Great that it works out for me, and I mean that. Not sarcastic or something.

But I personally hate to play suboptimal toons for endgame.

I'm already not the person to grind out all possible pastlives and I make some sacrifices by not getting racial completionist (for example), but still want to get most power because that's just how ddo is now. The game is build around it, and people around you have access to it as well, so for me it's the standard. Just ignoring it is not an option to me.
    I already went from 10ish alts to 2-3. By putting in more and more hamster wheels for single character progression that will soon probably be even lower. And less alts also mean less fun. For myself, but also for others, since you (and others) add less possible roles for endgame quest/raids per account. Having less accounts then in the past, also doesn't help. It's a pain sometimes to fill a proper group.

Not Signed
    As always when these threads appear I am opposed to any shared experience
    between my 48 main account alts.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Community Member

I am someone that thinks this is a bad idea. Anyone in my position would gain tremendously from such a change (1 main with nearly/all grinds completed, x-> infinity number of 1st-life mules).

I don't think SSG would ever implement this because I think they perceive, rightly or wrongly, the grind as their bread and butter. However, if something like this were ever implemented, there should be some sort of opt in/out, not something that is fully automatic. The cynic in me thinks that if something like this were ever implemented, it would probably be some sort of shockingly expensive bag of euphausiids, available in the store as a 'sigil of shared memories' or some such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyed-Pyper View Post
    I am someone that thinks this is a bad idea. Anyone in my position would gain tremendously from such a change (1 main with nearly/all grinds completed, x-> infinity number of 1st-life mules).

I don't think SSG would ever implement this because I think they perceive, rightly or wrongly, the grind as their bread and butter. However, if something like this were ever implemented, there should be some sort of opt in/out, not something that is fully automatic. The cynic in me thinks that if something like this were ever implemented, it would probably be some sort of shockingly expensive bag of euphausiids, available in the store as a 'sigil of shared memories' or some such nonsense.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ogression-idea

Here is a suggestion that keeps the "grind" but also allows account based progression that I believe would help the development of alts.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast