Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Community Member

+15 neg heal amp, a big thankyou for this.

your friend sil

Community Member

I rarely comment on forum threads, but I wanted to voice support for those that are complaining about the never ending increase to grind. The last major redo of past lives and complete overhauls to so many classes pretty much wiped out my entire guild as they quit rather than embracing losing their completionist (and recognizing no realistic way of obtaining it outside ridiculous grind) or were similarly disgusted with having their favorite build invalidated. I largely have held on, albeit with long breaks from playing (redoing the classes so radically and nerfing several of my builds (especially monk and oh great, now seeing monks get more hate), even having long since given up any hope of completing anything (outside of ED completionist), but now to see even that is now firmly in a bridge too far range. I had some hope that a few past lives (Etr+Etr+tr) more and a little better gear would be enough to get me into a consistent reaper capable mode (after returning and seeing that groups doing straight elite runs are rare and the level differences to reaper mean same level characters running different level range quests with most running some flavor of reaper).

I'm I guess one of the few that plays on several alts to get breaks in play style (classes, levels, etc), but I assume I am not the only one and must say that this one stings a good bit. Please for the love of god quit assuming every player has maxed out every past life 3x over and punishing the larger player base and accept/reward those who have gotten powerful rather than using it as an excuse to punish the casual player to the point that they can't even run content with others (reaper and further separation of player base between the casual and the uber). I'm tired of running things solo/elite and tired of seeing the nerf hammer given to everyone.

Lol, I was almost done with Epic Past Lives. Like 7 more to go, but that number now got upped by another 12.

Anyway, I like these additional choices.

I prob go for primal first, then the arcanes followed by the divines which leaves a whole bunch of martials as last.

Community Member

I like having more ED PLs to play with, but a few of these seem lacking.

The Arcane one gives 9 MRR, which is a drop in the bucket for tanks and will be capped out for everyone else. And really, should have been the passive effect for Arcane like PRR is for divines (sans a cap). I would punch it up to at least 5, stacking beyond cap.

Similar with the Primal sphere. +6 attack and +6 to damage iff you are using Two Handed (would this extend to dwaraxe and bastard sword?) is lackluster. How about +6 attack and +3 damage for everyone, total of +9 damage for Two Handed. Or instead more glancing blows chance/damage/effect proc

Community Member

I'm mixed on these. Best thing here is the GROUPED positive/negative/repair amp. This is fantastic.

Primal's bonus to hit needs to scale with level.

Otherwise, ok more grind thanks I guess.

More PLs? Nooooo Devs, this game really has too many PLs! But what are you thinking about? The alts are increasingly unviable, do you want them to disappear completely? Do you want to scare new players even more? Currently it takes years to complete a single toon. We do not need more PLs! Stop this madness, devs, or move to account-based progression systems!

The alts players are tired, very tired!

What awful idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by Epicstorms View Post
    Also, thanks for killing alts even more now.

I was actually planning on rolling an alt as dps, but why bother when I also lose out on a potential 6 tactic dc compared to others?
    Oh I can just grind 3 epic pastlives to get it? Yeah, no thanks. Epic reincarnations are so mind numbing, not going to bother with it.

If ddo was a game where 1 toon per account was enough, sure. But DDO is not the populated game it once was, having alts makes playing in groups much more viable since you can fill multiple roles. But you seem to make the difference greater and greater.

How about some account-wide pastlives? Why do we have to focus it on 1 single toon over and over?
    Oh yeah. +1000
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    If you're going to keep adding more and more and more and more and more and more and more past lives, can you give us shared lives across our account toons? This has gotten way freaking out of hand.
    Yes please. This has gotten out of hand in a bad way. There is no way to keep the alts viable if they keep adding more and more and more PLs. And I do not even want to imagine being a new player at this point, what a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Noircere View Post
    Too many people running out of past lives would be my guess. I was close to running out of ePLs to do myself.
    Then devs could encourage the creation of alts instead of creating more pls.

what madness

Default Fate Points

If someone was to complete all 4 of the new destinies then with getting more Fate points will we be getting a additional tier to spend them on?
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 14, 36, 77. Ozzugly 42, 48, 21, 36, 107. EvilOzz 33, 43, 6, 23, 68. Ozzistheworst 31, 32, 9, 1, 16. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post
    If someone was to complete all 4 of the new destinies then with getting more Fate points will we be getting a additional tier to spend them on?
    they have no plans for new Destinies, this is only nonsense grind and another nail in the coffin of the alts

Instead of +2 damage when two-handed fighting on the Primal stance feat, what about giving like 3% per stack glancing blows? There are feats that grant bonus doubleshot and doublestrike but no bonus glancing blow damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    So just to be clear,

these options expand the number of effective EPLs we can do in a sphere (and consequently expand the amount of the passive bonus) and can be run in any destiny within that sphere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Yes.
    If someone already has 3 passive stacks from all 5 spheres, will this somehow add to those passives, or will they remain at a max of 3 per sphere?

So in effect you get another active stance choice, but your passives are still maxed at three stacks per sphere?

Correct or incorrect?
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

Default Data Explosion

Rogue player needs more Assassinate DC,but don't put it in past life.we can put Assassinate DC in Epic Destiny for twist,and also Reaper Enhancements.

Community Member

You guys have went way to overkill on the past lives, not interested enough to grind them all out. Completely burned out from them, its possible I might grab one or two if I ever decide to reincarnate out of boredom.
    Last edited by Atronos_The_Titan; 06-05-2019 at 01:42 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Instead of +2 damage when two-handed fighting on the Primal stance feat, what about giving like 3% per stack glancing blows? There are feats that grant bonus doubleshot and doublestrike but no bonus glancing blow damage.
    Because glancing blows are broken atm.

The devs should revamp 2hf

Community Member

Seeing a lot of negativity in this thread so wanted to chime in to say that I am pleased to see you adding more past lives. While I may only have 14 of the current 36 epic past lives I am still pleased to see you adding more. The last thing I want is a fully maxed character with all the past lives because then there would be no reason to play him. Contrary to what some of the other posters imply, I don't feel like I have to have every past life to be viable and I don't view the addition of more past lives to be adding to an unending grind. It merely adds additional reasons to keep playing the game. Keep up the good work. I look forward to the additional heroic, racial, and iconic past lives you have planned in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Seeing a lot of negativity in this thread so wanted to chime in to say that I am pleased to see you adding more past lives. While I may only have 14 of the current 36 epic past lives I am still pleased to see you adding more. The last thing I want is a fully maxed character with all the past lives because then there would be no reason to play him. Contrary to what some of the other posters imply, I don't feel like I have to have every past life to be viable and I don't view the addition of more past lives to be adding to an unending grind. It merely adds additional reasons to keep playing the game. Keep up the good work. I look forward to the additional heroic, racial, and iconic past lives you have planned in the future.
    It's easy to say for you that they continue to add new PLs because you only play one character. The alts players are very frustrated. The devs only design for the players of a single character and give zero support to the alts

If the devs are going to continue designing only thinking about a single character, a change in the evolution of the alts is needed

Yeah, this just makes me want to give up on the TR train altogether.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Community Member

Steel?

The primal active past life competes with Colors of the Queen and fast healing, both far superior then +6 damage to 2hf.
    What about +2 to hit and +2% damage per past life?

Community Member

So, I like the Martial with +2 DCs per stack...wait, whats this? You can only toggle one? Ok, 9% DoubleStrike is > +6 DC any day of the week for a monk. Make it stackable, otherwise...

I'll pass.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast