Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Healing That Same Old Undead Horse

Please, as asked about before, can we get a toggle to not heal undead? No need to take something away from people who like to use this tactic, just give us a way to say, "newp, don't ever do it."

I know, I know. But I had to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by guzzlr View Post
    Please, as asked about before, can we get a toggle to not heal undead? No need to take something away from people who like to use this tactic, just give us a way to say, "newp, don't ever do it."

Bad when you're counting on an LoH & it goes elsewhere, for sure.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    Bad when you're counting on an LoH & it goes elsewhere, for sure.
    Exactly.

Community Member

Does hitting f1 before loh or healing yourself not work anymore?
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    Sure (assuming you’ve kept the default key bind for selecting yourself), but that’s two key strokes instead of one which can make a considerable difference with something as time sensitive as a heal.
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Community Member

Everything functions as it ever has, it's just my ole "just hit heal" habit that works well for me against everything but undead. Then I damage them for 500-1k hps and me or my partner die.

Just wishing it could be a permanent toggle.

Agreed.

A couple options (and I'm sure there are others.)

1. multi-spell selector like resist, protection, fire shield. Make one option heal only party. Make the other heal party or enemy. Then you could put both on your hotbar.

2. Use the metamagic style options menu. And again, you could set up a spell on your hotbar more than once with different options selected.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Community Member

I agree, my main is ranger and it's annoying having to press F1 every time I wanna heal my toon when fighting undead. Especially since rangers can't do any noticeable damage to undead via positive healing.

Sure if you can hit F1 while simultaneously moving and not looking at your keyboard (laptop) while also avoiding "Death" circles, hoards of NPC's (getting cornered/falling is just a lethal), and not agro'ing NPC's you don't yet want to deal with. Then hitting F1 first works very well. For the rest of us, we would love to have a toggle to remove the ability to "heal" undead.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Yeah, please add this toggle. It's frustrating and has gotten me killed on multiple occasions.

Community Member

My laptop does not have dedicated function keys. I have to use both hands to hit f1. That would be more likely to get me killed than if I just didn’t try.

Plus, there is a huge downside that no one has mentioned yet. Hitting f1 loses the hard target lock on the thing that is trying to kill you in the first place.

I would wager that there are far far more unintended heals cast on undead than intentional ones.

Adding the ability to toggle the "Target" options on the hotbar shortcut would be great.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

This is a problem I would like addressed as well. And I would add that personally it is at least of average, if not major, importance.

Yes, please! It’s really annoying when your heal doesn’t work as planned. Because you only need to hit F1 first when you’re fighting undead, I still forget to do so every so often. Heck, even earlier today I went through two Lay on Hands before I realized why I wasn’t getting healed.

If this was a toggle, I would set it to NEVER cast on an undead, even on my Cleric.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Community Member

Default mapping!

As mentioned in previous posts, a good solution would be to have mappable targeting, similar to the way metamagic effects can be mapped. For example, a cleric might assign a mass cure to self and another to the party's tank. Or cure/inflict spells intended for other party members and not for those to be used otherwise.

I already asked for this too, and I think I'm not the first one if it comes sometimes up in a pug group many players say they know this issue and find it very annoying.
    And this is not the only spell or SLA with a target problem, e.g. Mass frog or positive energy burst (and I just assume almost every similar spell) fail if you have a monster in your target and it is too far away from you or blocked.
    Which makes absolutely no sense because the effect is always around the caster

But as far as I know, no developer ever made a statement regarding such problems, they just wrap themselves in silence and it is unknown if this is something they cannot easily fix or if they seriously think such targeting issues are something that makes the game more fun and it is WAI.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

This change would make me very happy.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

I've killed liches more than once with my faithful Paladin's Lay on Hands, but if being able to do that meant I'd have to place two icons on my bar (one to hurt undead, the other to heal myself and friends), I'd do it with joy and glee.

Small sacrifice for the few people that do it. Much, MUCH joy for everyone that's ever found themselves dead in front of front of an undead that just got slightly sizzled by positive energy.

Quote Originally Posted by bracelet View Post
    My laptop does not have dedicated function keys. I have to use both hands to hit f1. That would be more likely to get me killed than if I just didn’t try.

Plus, there is a huge downside that no one has mentioned yet. Hitting f1 loses the hard target lock on the thing that is trying to kill you in the first place.

I would wager that there are far far more unintended heals cast on undead than intentional ones.
    Lots of good feedback on this topic here, but this one is solid gold.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bracelet View Post
    Maybe rebind it to something like PrintScreen? Or any other unused button?
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast