Community Member

Default Rollet in Gianthold

The continuing saga of Rollet Wilkins, a 2nd life character based on Strimton's Acid Arrow who is attempting to solo quests on Elite. Along the way I am trying to analyze the effectiveness of her various life choices.

Previously on Rollet:

Level 13
    Well, the truth is that Rollet is finding it pretty easy to solo these quests as long as she has a pocket cleric along. I'll finish up with this and one more post in case the 3 readers following along are still interested. Level 13 has Rollet finishing up Barovia and starting Gianthold. It is time for another major crafting cycle which she does, but I'll skip over the stats because there is a major change at level 14. For the record, the new gear increases expected damage from 243 to 276 dps, primarily from increases in elemental damage and the combined effects of small increases in ranged alacrity and doublshot bonuses.

Level 14
    Rollet Switches her gear to Unwavering Ardency - a bow she picked up as her 10th anniversary gift, and white dragonhide armor. This means she loses crafting slots on the armor, so she switches to crafting layout #68B. Bolded items are changed layouts from previous. The revamped layout sacrifices Striding, Spot, Vitality (crafted), Electrical Effect, and Deadly-Insightful. It reslots Doubleshot and Healing Amplification from the bow and armor, and uses a Vitality +20 augment. I also start slotting a Good Luck augment.

• Item: Prefix, Suffix, Extra(insightful) [augment]
    • Belt: Doubleshot, False Life, Dodge [Blindness Imm]
    • Boots: Dexterity, Parrying, Dexterity [Featherfall]
    • Bracers: Resistance, Spellcraft, Fortification [Fear immunity]
    • Cloak: Spell Resistance, Dodge, Spell Resistance [Good Luck +1]
    • Gloves: Corrosion, Deadly, Corrosion
    • Goggles: Wisdom, True Seeing, Wisdom [Underwater Action]
    • Helm: Sheltering, Accuracy, Magical Sheltering [Vitality +20]
    • Necklace: Spell Saves, Natural Armor, Spell Saves [Master's Gift]
    • Ring #1: Constitution, Protection, Constitution
    • Ring #2: Wizardry, Devotion, Physical Sheltering
    • Trinket: Ranged Alacrity, Healing Amplification, Accuracy

Lost crafting slots:
    • Longbow: Electrical Effect, Doubleshot, Deadly (Insightful)
    • Armor: Vitality, Healing Amplifcation, (empty) [Heavy Fortification]

Although I lost the Ghostbane augment on the bow, I can always switch to Force arrows for incorporeal foes.

All the gear is crafted for level 13 bonuses, but with Unwavering Ardency my expected damage increases from 276 to 305 dps, entirely due to the increased damage and critical threat range of the bow.

• Pierce: 3.25d12: 21 average (2 for weapon, +1 die for point blank shot, +0.25 for guild bonus)
    • +2 - past life, ranger
    • +6 - enchantment
    • +14 - Dexterity bonus
    • +6 - deadly
    • = 49 dpa
    • + 29 (+25% crit bonus +0.2 (from +2 guild bonus)) x 2 (crit mult of 3 - 1)
    • + 2 (Ranged power: 3)
    • = 80 Weapon Total
    • 135 (acid: 9 x 4.5 x 3.34 for 234 acid spellpower, - 0.5 for rounding losses)
    • +6 fire (1d6 + 2-20 on crits)
    • = 141 elemental total
    • = 221 total dpa
    • x 0.8/s (Current shots/s with Rapid shot feat)
    • x 1.09 (9% ranged alacrity)
    • x 1.30 (4.9% doubleshot, 2% guild, 3% PL, 20% improved precise shot estimate)
    • = 250 dps

Manyshot (577 dps when on from +120% doubleshot/+56 ranged power) adjusts this upwards to 305 dps.

Level 14 sees Rollet running through Gianthold without any trouble.

Level 15

The main improvement to Rollet's stats is a 96 HP increase. This comes from leveling (19), Survivalist III (30), taking toughness as a feat (17), Draconic Vitality (10), +1 Con bonus (15), and Improved Heroic Durability (5). Expected damage is nearly unchanged at 306 dps. She finishes up Gianthold and spends the level in Orchard of the Macabre and in the new Sharn quests. She did manage to die once during Ghosts of Perdition after getting the Beholder Boss down to about 5% health, but otherwise she managed. (Well, she didn't have the spells to do Inferno of the Damned, and she couldn't solo the final runes in Fleshmaker's Lab, but as far as murdering monsters she was just fine.)

Level 16

Another crafting cycle, the last for Heroics. The overall increase in dps is modest: from 305/306 (level 15/16) to 332, or just a 9% increase from level 14.

• Pierce: 3.25d12: 21 average (2 for weapon, +1 die for point blank shot, +0.25 for guild bonus)
    • +2 - past life, ranger
    • +6 - enchantment
    • +16 - Dexterity bonus
    • +6 - deadly
    • = 51 dpa
    • + 30 (+25% crit bonus +0.2 (from +2 guild bonus)) x 2 (crit mult of 3 - 1)
    • + 2 (Ranged power: 3)
    • = 83 Weapon Total
    • 142 (acid: 9 x 4.5 x 3.53 for 253 acid spellpower, - 0.5 for rounding losses)
    • +6 fire (1d6 + 2-20 on crits)
    • = 148 elemental total
    • = 231 total dpa
    • x 0.8/s (Current shots/s with Rapid shot feat)
    • x 1.12 (12% ranged alacrity)
    • x 1.305 (5.5% doubleshot, 2% guild, 3% PL, 20% improved precise shot estimate)
    • = 271 dps

Manyshot (637 dps when on from +120% doubleshot/+64 ranged power) adjusts this upwards to 332 dps.

Rollet runs a couple more of the Sharn quests completing the first part, then goes over to Eveningstar and completes the Shar quests and starts on the Wheloon arc before advancing to level 17.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisSmall View Post
    Level 15

The main improvement to Rollet's stats is a 96 HP increase. This comes from leveling (19), Survivalist III (30), taking toughness as a feat (17), Draconic Vitality (10), +1 Con bonus (15), and Improved Heroic Durability (5). Expected damage is nearly unchanged at 306 dps. She finishes up Gianthold and spends the level in Orchard of the Macabre and in the new Sharn quests. She did manage to die once during Ghosts of Perdition after getting the Beholder Boss down to about 5% health, but otherwise she managed. (Well, she didn't have the spells to do Inferno of the Damned, and she couldn't solo the final runes in Fleshmaker's Lab, but as far as murdering monsters she was just fine.)
    Ok, Fleshmaker's makes sense if you don't want to "Molo" but Inferno simply requires UMD. Did you dump UMD? Been awhile since I last followed your thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Ok, Fleshmaker's makes sense if you don't want to "Molo" but Inferno simply requires UMD. Did you dump UMD? Been awhile since I last followed your thread.
    Her UMD skill is only a 14 at level 15. She put skill points into it, but Charisma is a dump stat and she doesn't have any other enhancements. I don't know if that's good enough for the necessary scrolls or not - I haven't dug into that part of the game much.

Inferno does not require UMD. Stand on top of the torch, and the mephits will light/extinguish them for you.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.