Default Warlock Consume is Bugged and has been for years now.

Minor but extremely annoying BUG.

If I use CONSUME then immediately hit Eldritch Burst followed by Spirit Blast NEITHER does anything at all. The Consume works but I have to JUMP, SWING a weapon, Stunning Blast, Cast a spell or anything really before I can use Eldritch Burst or Spirit Blast with any effect what-so-ever.

It happens under any and all game circumstances.

I usually just live with it /sigh and move on over and over again.

However, there is SOMETHING happening that is a MAJOR PITA.

Maybe it has to do with Feeding Frenzy being activated when Consume is used and it interrupts those 2 spell *cleaves*?

IDK.

Given the RIDICULOUSLY heavy handed NERFs to a PAID class prompted by forum whiners over time it has gotten on my nerves and had to say something.
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature". Mokune (Guild Leader of Pandora's Box on Khyber), Iquitz, Returning, Thaumat, Ketzerisch, Xhiron, Koanoak et al...

Community Member

Guess is snapshotting.

Try remove the action boost speed part.

Then verify by using falconry action boost speed.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 05-30-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Guess is snapshotting.

Try remove the action boost speed part.

Then verify by using falconry action boost speed.
    To be clear. The Damage part of Consume works, the Speed boost of Feeding Frenzy works. The animations for Eldritch Burst and Spirit Blast occur but neither does any damage when activated immediately following the use of Consume. I have not checked to see if Taint the Aura still procs off EldBurst or S.Blast even though the damage portion of these effects are failing.

I will reset my SE tree and drop everything but Consume and see if that does anything.

I use Consume for Feeding Frenzy and Taint the Aura. I typically only spend about 9 points in SE. I don't use Cone (or Chain) in epics (or past level 15 actually) The "wind up" animation for Cone and the pause when stopping Cone to do anything else is just too long and is a sure fire way to get your @ handed to you while waiting to cast. I don't build or use insta-kill effects. They are unreliable at best and a complete PITA to build for. I Gear and Feat for Enchantment which is better for soloing and better for grouping whether in GOO or Fiend. I only use Fey if doing Shiradi because of the general unavailability of great Sonic SP gear. At least in Shiradi there is some synergy with Sonic due to Shiradi Core procs so can justify using Fey.

I use 41 ES, 9 in SE and the rest in TS (T4s Penetrating Blast, Cha, Confusion proc, Strong Pact and DW in the TS Core)

I absolutely abhor/hate the stupid long pauses. Long being completely relative but you know what I mean A LOT can happen during 1 sec in DDO and any pause is frustrating but NOT as frustrating as effects just not working.
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature". Mokune (Guild Leader of Pandora's Box on Khyber), Iquitz, Returning, Thaumat, Ketzerisch, Xhiron, Koanoak et al...

Community Member

I know ES warlock aura uses prior snapshot stats, so screws up whenever prior snapshot isn't appropriate warlock blasting+casting stats, such as drinking a potion, using a scroll, etc.

Guess is ES burst and blast are the same and the last snapshot is of your movement speed for the feeding frenzy movement speed boost. You should also have noticed your aura damage dropping as well frequently during play.

Other guess is that consume itself isn't pulling correct blasting + casting stats, so consume also causes bugs.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 06-01-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    I know ES warlock aura uses prior snapshot stats, so screws up whenever prior snapshot isn't appropriate warlock blasting+casting stats, such as drinking a potion, using a scroll, etc.

Guess is ES burst and blast are the same and the last snapshot is of your movement speed for the feeding frenzy movement speed boost. You should also have noticed your aura damage dropping as well frequently during play.

Other guess is that consume itself isn't pulling correct blasting + casting stats, so consume also causes bugs.
    Ah I get you, I think. Similar to the ghost shot rune-arm issues?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    Ah I get you, I think. Similar to the ghost shot rune-arm issues?
    I never looked or used that runearm enough to know. Ahh, let's use the broken eldritch wave forum post as an example:

Quote Originally Posted by supermancer View Post
    So im not sure if anyone else is having this problem but the tier 5 ability in the souleater tree(eldritch wave), is not working as intended. it is suppose to do 3 eldritch attacks, but it is very rare that all 3 even hit at all , ( like 80% of the time) only 2 hits actually work. wondering if it is just me, or others having this same problem aswell.
    Eldritch wave is a triple cone attack. It should be doing this:

Pull relevant snapshot of blasting/metamagic stats
    Do cone #1

Do cone #2

Do cone #3

It is actually doing this:

Do cone #1

Do cone #2

Do cone #3

The first hit of cone is using the snapshot of the prior ability. Since much of the time on a SE warlock that snapshot is data to execute a prior cone/consume/stricken/spell/consume speed buff, its bugging out because it doesn't always have the right snapshot data of (snapshot - blasting/metamagic stats) to properly cone#1. Sometimes it has (snapshot - consume speed buff) data, which would cause it to fail.

You are noticing this with eldritch burst and blast, they are noticing it with wave, and it is the same with aura as well.

It's not without a little bit of irony that I note warlocks nerf themselves. Heh. It could be something else, but I see this across too many different classes and builds to think otherwise.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 06-04-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Yes, I recall the thread detailing the issues with Eldritch Wave a few weeks back. I hadn't used EW in the longest time so didn't notice. Last I used was probably 2nd Lock Life right before Shining Through and Spirit Blast Light damage dice nerfs.

Your detail of the issue is on point and matches what I am experiencing in game.

Community Member

Oh, the other thing that will break your burst/blast/wave is having your target die to other effects mid-cast.

All spells fizzle when your target dies mid-cast. You can hard target your character when you burst and blast.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 06-25-2019 at 01:43 PM.