Default Curse of Strahd odd bug?

Was dead, so was much of group. Had hard time with torches with poor comm skills. Might have been a R1 run, I don't remember. Anyway, with only 2 or possibly 3 people alive, I got a Strahd whispers into your ear... except I was already dead, indeed had been as the lengthy death timer was still counting down.

Bug: Strahd trys to whisper kill dead people.

Also, I have noticed that Strahd sometimes does NOT run around during torch light phase if one person stays up while others shrine. Although lately I have seen him chasing, so maybe its been fixed or is a not everytime bug.

Community Member

Perhaps this is related to the way monsters will spend a surprisingly long time attacking your ghost once you're dead. Or the grip script wasn't set up to check whether the target is alive or not.

I'm tempted to make a remark about bugs that are beneficial to players being top priority for fixes, but after doing yet another Shroud run recently with auto-solved puzzles that might not be fair. Or maybe that is how it works, but the bugs are just building up faster than they can be fixed.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

This is quite an oddity. Hopefully it can be reproduced and fixed!
    "A child's eyes light up when they see their Grandpa."

It's (afaik) always done this (randomly targets anyone in the party, dead or alive). Kinda nice imo, as it gives you a chance to recover from a near party wipe. (imagine a total party wipe, one person has a jibbers to start a rez chain, and gets gripped the moment he self rez's, officially ending the run... that can still happen, but there's at least a chance Strahd will target a soul stone instead... perhaps he can't tell the difference between a soul stones and living characters, he just detects your presence in either form).