Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Lady In Black Theories

When we started running this we had good luck in finding the elusive "Lady In Black." Now? A solid streak of bad luck.

Our current (un)working theory is that she spawns only after a certain number of thugs are killed. Maybe only after you clear the alley with the collectibles?

Is it just time?

Maybe the text could be updated to say, "Now is the time to clear the neighborhoods and flush out the mysterious Lady in Black." Or, "Bide your time until the elusive Lady in Black shows her face." Or, some sort of hint as to what is going on?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by guzzlr View Post
    When we started running this we had good luck in finding the elusive "Lady In Black." Now? A solid streak of bad luck.

Our current (un)working theory is that she spawns only after a certain number of thugs are killed. Maybe only after you clear the alley with the collectibles?

Is it just time?

Maybe the text could be updated to say, "Now is the time to clear the neighborhoods and flush out the mysterious Lady in Black." Or, "Bide your time until the elusive Lady in Black shows her face." Or, some sort of hint as to what is going on?
    I'm not sure either. I just go down, kill, and continually hit the tab key until I activate her.

Community Member

Default Irony

Well, on our very next run we found part out something interesting. We popped in, killed the first couple wraiths, then headed towards the bar. As I went to start searching the DDoor popped up right next to me on the map... But no Lady Standing there. I could see the red square, but the lady was out eating donuts someplace!

My girlfriend sat and watch the door and I went and killed thugs. At the 8 minute mark she appeared. I had got the first notice "they did not see that coming" but not at the moment she appeared. I had not killed anything immediately before she appeared. Interestingly, the mysterious assassins also appeared as she did.

So... uhm... yeah. There's our detective skills hard at work.

Once she appears you can select her from the upper walkway. So kill a few groups of mobs, then go back up top to find her so you don't keep triggering more fights. I'm not sure exactly how many mobs (or what other condition) makes here appear yet, but it's not that many.

I haven't done House of Pain on high reaper yet, but I imagine the end fight is going to be pretty challenging so I'm not sure how much killing the exact minimum numbers of mobs to spawn her matters since you need to be able to handle a much harder fight than those spawns.
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Community Member

I thought it had to do with the mysterious assassins since those show up in the end fight, but I'm not so sure this is true.

Maybe it's the beggar trigger, the collectibles, and the assassins.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I still don't own Sharn, but from your descriptions I have an idea who this could be ...
    (Trying not to spoil anyone ...)
    Read the novel "The Shardaxe" ...
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !