Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2

    Angry

    Thats crazy. I spent 1.5 hours trying to find her.
    Running all over the map, each and every corner.
    Constantly checking spots that are marked on the map at the wiki.
    And nothing. Wasnt able to find and had to finish quest.
    Veeeery upset.

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filk View Post
    Thats crazy. I spent 1.5 hours trying to find her.
    Running all over the map, each and every corner.
    Constantly checking spots that are marked on the map at the wiki.
    And nothing. Wasnt able to find and had to finish quest.
    Veeeery upset.
    Well, that's clearly too long.

    I've found if I just invis and run through bottom area triggering whatever events I can, she shows up almost immediately. I don't bother killing anything. I've been doing a full circle of the base. It might just be voodoo.

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filk View Post
    Thats crazy. I spent 1.5 hours trying to find her.
    Running all over the map, each and every corner.
    Constantly checking spots that are marked on the map at the wiki.
    And nothing. Wasnt able to find and had to finish quest.
    Veeeery upset.
    Clearly, you were soloing. I ran solo the first time as well. I too got very frustrated, though it was probably more like 30 minutes of wandering. I'm pretty sure that I scoured every square inch at the bottom level. There were some ranged mobs on rooftops that were hidden with red at their feet, and I could not activate them no matter what I did. I wonder if they were part of the issue. She finally appeared in a place that I had absolutely already checked, and I have no idea why. I've just run it mostly in groups since then, as it seems multiple toons roaming the map and killing mobs gets the job done quickly, however it gets done. I'd love to hear how solo players quickly find the Lady, if any have done it consistently.
    Zanthiss - Level 30 Rogue Mechanic - Cannith

    I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    Clearly, you were soloing. I ran solo the first time as well. I too got very frustrated, though it was probably more like 30 minutes of wandering. I'm pretty sure that I scoured every square inch at the bottom level. There were some ranged mobs on rooftops that were hidden with red at their feet, and I could not activate them no matter what I did. I wonder if they were part of the issue. She finally appeared in a place that I had absolutely already checked, and I have no idea why. I've just run it mostly in groups since then, as it seems multiple toons roaming the map and killing mobs gets the job done quickly, however it gets done. I'd love to hear how solo players quickly find the Lady, if any have done it consistently.
    Run around the perimeter of the lower level. Don't aggro thugs unless you want to. You will probably aggro the assassins but I don't think it matters. It might though. I am not 100% on if activating them matters. You definitely don't need to kill anything. She usually appears before one circuit of the perimeter, but a few times I've needed to make a second pass.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    899

    Default Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Run around the perimeter of the lower level. Don't aggro thugs unless you want to. You will probably aggro the assassins but I don't think it matters. It might though. I am not 100% on if activating them matters. You definitely don't need to kill anything. She usually appears before one circuit of the perimeter, but a few times I've needed to make a second pass.
    We are still running this as much as we can flag new characters to do so (3 of them ransacked on each of our accounts, with a 4th character 4 chests away from ransack).

    Your advice works pretty well from our experience. One of us heads to the bar. The other drops down to the alley with the collectibles (we like those two sitting there waiting to be looted) and initiates the ambush. Head out and begin to circle around the perimeter, taking a couple of the small fights. Often we get the assassins, but not always. We do not talk to the beggar and initiate his ambush. Finish our circle by walking into the fight with the charlatans, then bee lining back to the original alley. If we have not run into assassins before this, we usually get them and kill them. By the time we have made it back, we have found the Lady, and we tend to think the assassins appearing coincide with the Lady becoming available (but they do not have to be killed, nothing needs to be killed, we just enjoy it ).

    We have had several series of runs where the DDoor location will be clearly marked on our map after our first run of the day (until we log out of enter a different quest). The Lady will not be there until whatever triggers her, but you can see where she will appear. One time we just sat there at the DDoor location and waited... she did not appear in 40-ish minutes (dinnertime!). We moved into a new "neighborhood" and instantly she popped.

    If you are ransacking the quest, I highly advise that you loot the rusty chest as a great indicator of when to stop so you don't add to your timer of the chest that really matters. Oh, and after hundreds of attempts to Shadowpuppet the assassins, we have decided they are immune to the ability. They have never charmed. Not once.

    Good luck in your hunt!

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    In the first week running Sharn, and ransacking this quest, it seemed to me that her appearance was tied to the assassins, which also seem to have a group of 2 and a group of 3.
    Now, I am wondering if there is simply an invisible trigger for her, that roams around, and when you bump into it, she will appear. This meaning there's no way for a player to know she appeared / they "met" the trigger, aside from if the player/other player is sitting watching the spawn point she shows up at ... and I know at least 2 points she can appear at.

  7. #27
    Community Member Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pocket Pita Plane
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    so the assassins are after HER, right? The whole (incredibly awesome) storyline thing with the abherrent dragonmarks. So don't the assassins spawn when she does? Either way, they are definately tied together.


  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    899

    Default

    We are pretty darn sure the assassins are tied to her, and yes, they are out to get her. My assumption is that whoever sent them told them to take care of any possible "witnesses" as well.

    I tend to agree with the "invisible trigger" theory as well. Just about anything can set it off, but every time we spot an assassin, the Lady has been flushed out and we can find her. Conversely, if we find the Lady the assassins are out and about. I'm 96.8% (the non drop rate of the sigil) sure they appear at the same time, you just have to find one or the other. We've had thugs under shadow puppet and when they die (within our accepted time mark of 4-8 minutes, the Lady has appeared right at that moment. We've also had them die during that time limit and not spawn the Lady, so killing is not the <only> trigger.

    The circuit system has not failed us yet as the fastest way to flush her out.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I think the quest has a bug currently.
    I've been ransacking it again, so running it over and over. Since last patch, I now often have a problem where, if I have run the quest already, and zone in to a new instance, the woman's identifier mark (orange box) will be on the map already, at the same place it was last time. The toons can have gone and done other quests in the meantime, it isn't only "right after".

    When this happens, there is a very high chance I won't be able to trigger the woman. 80% or so I'd say. She simply won't ever appear, even when I kill everything and spend 15 miins running around the empty zone.

    Very occasionally, she does spawn in the usual oblique way, and when this happens, the indicator moves to her true location when she spawns.

    Sadly the only way to figure out if you're in a good or bad instance is ... run around and find she doesn't spawn after ages.

    Relogging gives you a fresh instance with no marker / normal situation. Sadly you can't force other players to relog cos you think this is happening.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    68

    Default

    My way of finding her:
    1. Go to the bar, talk to npc's to get the quest objective to find the Lady in Black
    2. Cast invisibility (turn off any damage/hostile auras too). We're going to look for Mysterious Assassins: they can see invisibility so will agg on you, while other trash mobs can't see invis (no point in attacking trash mobs)
    3. Run around upstairs to look for Mysterious assassins
    4. Run around downstairs (but on top of the ramps) to look for Mysterious assassins
    5. Run around at bottom to look for Mysterious assassins
    6. It seems like there are 2 or 3 groups of these assassins. And you need to trigger them all (don't think you need to kill them)
    7. If they are all triggered, you can run around at bottom to look for the Lady in Black
    8. By "run around", it's usually enough with one complete circle of each area (upstairs, ramps, bottom)

  11. #31
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    3,458

    Default

    So, started season 3 of Jessica Jones and the intro of that show truly reminds me of the background music of Sharn and in particular this quest.
    Or visa versa of course.

  12. #32
    Community Member SerPounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,484

    Default

    Unrelated House of Pain question: Can you fail the end fight if the NPC(s) die? I've been reluctant to turn the difficulty up because I'm worried about getting Coyled, but it's not really clear from the objectives if it's possible or if they just fall over or something if they run out of health.
    Sabbath - Sarlona

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    I think the quest has a bug currently.
    I've been ransacking it again, so running it over and over. Since last patch, I now often have a problem where, if I have run the quest already, and zone in to a new instance, the woman's identifier mark (orange box) will be on the map already, at the same place it was last time. The toons can have gone and done other quests in the meantime, it isn't only "right after".

    When this happens, there is a very high chance I won't be able to trigger the woman. 80% or so I'd say. She simply won't ever appear, even when I kill everything and spend 15 miins running around the empty zone.

    Very occasionally, she does spawn in the usual oblique way, and when this happens, the indicator moves to her true location when she spawns.

    Sadly the only way to figure out if you're in a good or bad instance is ... run around and find she doesn't spawn after ages.

    Relogging gives you a fresh instance with no marker / normal situation. Sadly you can't force other players to relog cos you think this is happening.
    That's not right. You see an indicator of her passage on the map before she appears? And then it jumps to a new location?

    That's messed up.

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Unrelated House of Pain question: Can you fail the end fight if the NPC(s) die? I've been reluctant to turn the difficulty up because I'm worried about getting Coyled, but it's not really clear from the objectives if it's possible or if they just fall over or something if they run out of health.
    I can't answer this directly, but I can tell you it is incredibly hard for those two to die on LE. We've disconnected before and barely got back before the instance would have closed...twice. The dwarf's hp were around 1/3 left and the lady was over half. Normally we don't see them drop below 1/4 of their total.

    We always assumed if they died we failed, but honestly, I've no idea.

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That's not right. You see an indicator of her passage on the map before she appears? And then it jumps to a new location?

    That's messed up.
    Yes. I'm currently ransacking it, and have to relog between each run to stop this happening. The indicator will appear on 2nd run per login session, as soon as you enter the map.

  16. #36
    Community Member Dabima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Unrelated House of Pain question: Can you fail the end fight if the NPC(s) die? I've been reluctant to turn the difficulty up because I'm worried about getting Coyled, but it's not really clear from the objectives if it's possible or if they just fall over or something if they run out of health.
    You cannot. I actually had my rogue hide in the corner to test this. Once they get low, they go unconscious, and the mobs stop attacking them. They then stand back up at the end of the fight
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

  17. #37
    Community Member Dabima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Is the other NPC hanging out with the Gnome at the start of the quest fightable in an optional anywhere? I figured maybe on a higher difficulty she shows up in the end fight to back him up, but nah. Then figured maybe if you kill a bunch of assassin's she shows up in town but nah. I noticed a few spots assassin's show up like a certain spot on the rooftops below, or if you board the airship at the top of the town.
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I just came back to say .. regardless of what the actual trigger mechanism is, after so many runs across so many servers and toons, players are basically just running around the zone hoping the trigger occurs.

    This isn't a fun thing to do. All the players actually see is ... do whatever and get to the bit where we... simply run around for as long as it takes, and to our perception we have no way to influence this whatsoever.

    This makes the quest frustrating and burdensome to us to run, and even once I've farmed what I want, I'll have to keep running this quest when I want saga for whatever reason (xp, favor, each life, whatever). I don't want to, the quest has this required section that isn't enjoyable at all. But I have to do the quest to access other quests in the chain.

    I'd request that the mechanism is looked at, re-evaluated, so players aren't just left hoping it happens.

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That's not right. You see an indicator of her passage on the map before she appears? And then it jumps to a new location?

    That's messed up.
    This happens in some wildernesses too. An old indicator will be present (but not the encounter) after doing a quest and coming back to the wilderness. Not sure if it's related, but possibly.

  20. #40
    Community Member SerPounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    You cannot. I actually had my rogue hide in the corner to test this. Once they get low, they go unconscious, and the mobs stop attacking them. They then stand back up at the end of the fight
    Thanks!
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload