Default Good ranged dps + good prr/mrr (armor?)

The recent quest sets supporting ranged dps are cloth or light armor, which is capping prr/mrr. I have wallwatch and mist sets going but stuck in cloth, capped at 50 mrr, which is sometimes not good enough. Any medium/heavy armor route that is comparable in ranged dps?
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Community Member

So why are you in cloth if you could be in light armor?

But yeah, I have argued on Lamannia that a cleric inquisitor cannot use much armor.

Community Member

You can use any Arty builds with native med armor.

@cru121 The tether to specific armor is the set bonus, in this case its using Wallwatch (cloth armor) versus Silent Avenger (light armor).

@Ulfo are you referring to going warforged? The sets I refer to have docent versions so that would be an option.

The issue I'm referring to is finding a gear setup that uses medium or heavy armor without overall sacrificing big dps compared to the sets possible with cloth or light.

Researching... so far Crypt Raider set and Guardian of the Gates set both look pretty good for ranged needs. Both involve heavier armor and either provide ranged dps or the needed protections.

Community Member

What build are you running? Many classes with significant ranged perks get Evasion (Monk, Ranger, Rogue) and Artificers are solid as toasters. I would imagine this is mostly an issue for Inquisitive builds

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    @Ulfo are you referring to going warforged? The sets I refer to have docent versions so that would be an option.
    Yea, toasters if you wanna use set you already have, or farm Crypt Raider set for meat-toons. 8)

I'm running 16FvS/2Arti/2Fighter Inquisitive, no evasion. Rune arm helps with another slot, have Suppressive Fire providing fire resistance and Adherent of the Mists piece. Can skill boost search to 107. Went CHA to hit and damage to try out the diplomacy angle. Using 1/2 INT modifier boost Know the Angles from Harper. INT, CHA, CON focused. I have Wallwatch and Mists sets going for now. Using the Soul Conduit pendant to boost my healing. Have Emp Healing and Quicken feats going to heal party and self heal.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    @cru121 The tether to specific armor is the set bonus, in this case its using Wallwatch (cloth armor) versus Silent Avenger (light armor).
    Question remains, why are you not using the Wallwatch light armor?

Ah, that vest option is light armor! I see, ty