Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Griefing

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Serious question. How do you people deal with actual griefers? Seriously. This is so far from griefing or bullying that I am curious what you do to people who actually do these things. Or have you never encountered a true bully?
    How dare you sir! I need a safe space. Someone give me a safe space.

/sarcasm

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Kind of funny reminds me of the early days when death wouldn’t remove some effects like blindness

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    Sorry you feel it was griefing OP. And it probably was but I doubt it was malicious. I am going to guess you said something about it and that's why he took it down.

That being said, it would be kinda fun if every once in a while there was a server announcement of some sort where mobs were spawning in a public instance. Could be that anyone who jumps in and helps gets a reward, collectibles or maybe a champ chest .. something. Just imagine if those Kobolds came flooding out of the sewers to show us just how little they forgot what we have done to them over the years.

The day the market tent fell was a fantastic day. I also miss that the dragon in the market place doesn't knock me down as well.

Also what a crazy unintentional event. I'm tempted to try and get this on purpose now!
    The Devil invasion had this and was quite fun.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

I also miss that the dragon in the market place doesn't knock me down as well.
    Odd, it stilll does for me, and even does a bit of damage...
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

... That being said, it would be kinda fun if every once in a while there was a server announcement of some sort where mobs were spawning in a public instance. Could be that anyone who jumps in and helps gets a reward, collectibles or maybe a champ chest .. something. Just imagine if those Kobolds came flooding out of the sewers to show us just how little they forgot what we have done to them over the years.

The day the market tent fell was a fantastic day. I also miss that the dragon in the market place doesn't knock me down as well.

Also what a crazy unintentional event. I'm tempted to try and get this on purpose now!
    Doesn't this already happen sometimes during the Wednesday lunch stream with Cordovan? I know he has great fun spawning mobs to kill the people that gather around (until enough people show up to turn the tide). And he leaves goodies on the ground for them to pick up. Or is that only at Anniversary time?
    Tequira ~ Josielynne ~ Rumblyn ~ Dawnalynn ~ Litzy so Ditzy

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Kind of funny reminds me of the early days when death wouldn’t remove some effects like blindness
    Or when death actually cost you earned xp.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Community Member

Came for the question, stayed for the bullysplaining.

Default More Please!

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    The Devil invasion had this and was quite fun.
    Not just the Devil Invasion, but there was also the event that saw the Necropolis spawn dead things and doomspheres to attack those in the area. I really did like those events. I had a great time defending the masses from the invaders. It was great fun. I hope to drop by the portable hole or some other location to fight these new invaders.

E.
    ArtEriik: Leader of Tharashk's Dragon Snacks, ArtEriika, Eriik, Cleriik, ArtCleriik, EriikaJoplin. ArtxEriika, AnEriika, ArtxEriik, EriikaEpic, ElusiveEriik, ArcEriik, AnEriik, and other Eriik somethings
    Proud member of ARCHANGELS

Community Member

I saw a thread entitled "griefing" and I curiously clicked on it. When I got there, I was immediately hit with armchair psychology. As I tried to escape behind a pole, I slipped on a pool of tears, and I couldn't escape as the sense of humor was sucked out of my lungs.

RIP Grace.
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Honestly, I am glad to say I will save money and save it for my kid... at least Legos do not change overnight so that the pieces don't fit together anymore..

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I think it is great!

I'm very surprised this kind of thing upsets people.

My friend accidentally spawned one in Shard public area recently. It quickly killed me before I could even react.
    I thought it was great and hung around as a ghost to see how other people reacted.
    From what I could tell, everyone was enjoying the surprise.
    Although eventually someone took it as a challenge to kill it himself.

I for one find surprises to be fabulous.
    not like dying in this game hurts anyone at all.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliecharlie View Post
    I am surprised that something that allows this level of griefing exists. It probably needs to be fixed. I can see this happening in others places, upsetting large groups of people.
    I mean if it was a LFM offering free stuff and there was grease on the ground at the tele spot we could talk, but I can't exactly see this as griefing.

I'm sure you could argue that the LFM should have mentioned a chance of death, but I've yet to meet anyone else who would mind terribly if they ran into this once. Sure, if it was a frequent occurrence it'd be a bit more of an issue, but I also expect it'll be patched shortly.

Now I want to get a few guildies and post a danger LFM and set this up XD ofc we'll bring healers etc for random people teleporting by, but I want to see this
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by charliecharlie View Post
    This is something that happened to me yesterday evening. I had just finished a quest, and checked the LFM posting for a something new. I saw a posting that stated the a Special Event was occurring in the Portable Hole. Curious (even though it was late in the day) I teleported into the Portable Hole. I immediately died. There were 5 or 6 (perhaps more) Forgewaiths roaming around, killing everything. Yes, in a public area. I had not even joined his LFM. I released (and resurrected back in the middle of the Portable Hole!), hid behind a door frame (I am only level 17) and send a Tell to the person that posted the LFM. He explained that the new raid can put a buff on people, that they spawn a Forgewaith when they die. He must have died several times to have so many Forgewaiths roaming around.

I am surprised that something that allows this level of griefing exists. It probably needs to be fixed. I can see this happening in others places, upsetting large groups of people.

The poster of the LFM must have realized what he was doing, as he took the LFM down several minutes after I had experienced this "Special Event"
    Umm. This isn't griefing. This is comedy gold.

Community Member Highdracolich79's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorin View Post
    Umm. This isn't griefing. This is comedy gold.
    +1 DM Voice: "A New Threat has arrived in Stormreach!" xD

Quote Originally Posted by starhawk_6699 View Post
    after reading the replies to the OP I thought I had gone to that other D&D forum for a minute, you people have Stockholm Syndrome or what? Well put acemonkey +1 for you
    “The other forum”

Lol. And people wonder why those there ridicule this one.
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    Hmm, a false apology, excusing the crime, victim blaming/snitch accusation (as if that's a bad thing), praising the griefing, and a subtle hint that there's more on the way. Truly this post has it all, as in all the signs of sociopathy. I hope they ban the guy who posted the lfm, carrying the debuff out could be a bug, but setting up people to die in public was blatant nonconsensual pvp, which should be account deletion but is probably gonna be a short ban if anything at all.
    Wow... Just wow. Your death at level 17 was so debilitating to your moral that you call for an account deletion. Well lets look at this shall we? So if we are being fair(which life is not) then the punitive measure firstly has to pay the victem.any losses associated with said grief. So 700 plat for your repair bill? Ok thats easy enough, but lets make it worth your time as well. We can even count the time spent griefing your griefer. So 30k plat, that sounds good to me. Heck lets be fair he got 6 others to die as well.

Ok well if the punishment is ten or more times the crime, i feel the urge to be honest, there is no possible way i would pass up doing that to 100 people for 3m plat. This is a game. Try to have fun and enjoy the small quirks that slip through from time to time.
    And shepards we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
    Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
    And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it be....
    In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
    Just call me Big Ben

Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    Hmm, a false apology, excusing the crime, victim blaming/snitch accusation (as if that's a bad thing), praising the griefing, and a subtle hint that there's more on the way. Truly this post has it all, as in all the signs of sociopathy. I hope they ban the guy who posted the lfm, carrying the debuff out could be a bug, but setting up people to die in public was blatant nonconsensual pvp, which should be account deletion but is probably gonna be a short ban if anything at all.
    Off with their heads!!!!

Remember boys and girls; no means no in relation to consensual/non-consensual pvp. Always wear your armor when engaging in risky pvp, and make sure you check with the doctor after a one-night pvp in case you caught a bug (quite easy to do in Stormreach, heathens).
    Last edited by Shadow_Jumper; 05-29-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Also, I excitedly await summary execution of the offenders (by guillotine of course) in the Market.

How dare you sir! I need a safe space. Someone give me a safe space.

/sarcasm
    https://i2-download.imgflip.com/326es4.jpg
    Last edited by Shadow_Jumper; 05-29-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    Also, I excitedly await summary execution of the offenders (by guillotine of course) in the Market.
    We aren't going to burn them at the stake?
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Honestly, I am glad to say I will save money and save it for my kid... at least Legos do not change overnight so that the pieces don't fit together anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    We aren't going to burn them at the stake?
    I’m generally pretty squeamish. Though, in a case as serious as this....maybe boiling alive?

Or maybe just some cinderblocks and drop them in the harbor. Upside is no evide...errrr mess.
    Last edited by Shadow_Jumper; 05-29-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast