Community Member

Default Which Monk Feature?

Hello,
    I can´t decide which Feature I should take last for my Monk, maybe Past Life Monk for the +0.5W or Sneak of Shadows (using Scion of Ethereal and my hide skill is 95) or Blinding Speed (have a 15% speed item) or maybe stunning fist?
    To be honest, never gave stunning fist a real chance, because I have enough clickies with Quivering, Tomb of Jade, Jade Strike, Kukan, Whirlwind, Smite Tainted and Dire Charge, but if you say that´s the on I should use form the ones available, I would try.
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerklinge View Post
    Hello,
    I can´t decide which Feature I should take last for my Monk, maybe Past Life Monk for the +0.5W or Sneak of Shadows (using Scion of Ethereal and my hide skill is 95) or Blinding Speed (have a 15% speed item) or maybe stunning fist?
    To be honest, never gave stunning fist a real chance, because I have enough clickies with Quivering, Tomb of Jade, Jade Strike, Kukan, Whirlwind, Smite Tainted and Dire Charge, but if you say that´s the on I should use form the ones available, I would try.
    Thank you very much.
    I always take stunning fist at level one on a handwrap monk. It works well especially with a wisdom build. It stuns anything stun-able at level, especially with a stunning item . It has saved me numerous times in heroics and epics when low on HP and it sets up early any helpless damage. It has a short timer compared to tomb of jade -- and jade strike is usually at best about a 25% to jade. There is always a place for stunning fist on your clickies....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paisheng View Post
    I always take stunning fist at level one on a handwrap monk. It works well especially with a wisdom build. It stuns anything stun-able at level, especially with a stunning item . It has saved me numerous times in heroics and epics when low on HP and it sets up early any helpless damage. It has a short timer compared to tomb of jade -- and jade strike is usually at best about a 25% to jade. There is always a place for stunning fist on your clickies....
    ^^^ this. stunning is staple for my monk. If I can stun it, I can kill it, and most importantly, it cant kill me OR other party members. You get 50% more damage as well. It is the first punch I throw on anything but undead (tomb of jade for UD).

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerklinge View Post
    Hello,
    Stunning Fist is an essential as long as you are built for it. I have it mapped to my mouse button so I can use it effortlessly.
    Max your Wisdom, insightful wisdom and add a stunning bonus item and it hits reliably in mid level reaper content.
    I usually wait until mid heroics to take it so my Ki generation is stable enough to use it frequently.

I focus on the feats for Whirlwind strike first then pair it with Reed ITW at the front of my hot keys (cause they don't require ki) then mix in the rest as needed.
    Kukan-do I never use (don't need it). Quivering palm isn't reliable enough (DC is lower) against anything I would want to use it on.
    Past Life Monk is nice if you can fit it in. Blinding speed sounds great but you can usually find most of that on gear.
    Precision is great too if you can fit that in.