Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Since devs did it no problem with first life toons, I think a tour on each server with 6-8 devs and some pug pick-ups completing on normal would have been an excellent way to advertise and teach this content.

One dev raid completion per server - sounds like some great PR, especially if they reach out to various types of players and guilds.

I think the raid scene should be balanced around having a few players (4-6) that know what they are doing on normal. This provides a fun experience for those still learning, and gives an opportunity for players to improve and learn while still enjoying the content.

Requiring all players to know the content simply limits the number of people that are going to be able to or want to run the content. It's good design for elite, but terrible design for normal.

Taking a few key players and running less prepared players through content that requires coordination is a bigger accomplishment than taking 12 fully prepared characters through the content. Let's let those that bring and retain players to DDO provide an enjoyable experience.
    It's much easier to demonize those providing feedback (whining, childish, bringing the forums down, etc) or minimize their voice (small number, vocal, etc) than to accept the fact that the agro/stealth system just missed the mark.
    A good company learns to listen to their customers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    I posted about a week ago that I'd seen only one LFM up for this raid since release.

A week later and I've seen absolutely nothing since.

Whether too hard or not, this raid simply isn't being run.

I think that's why the devs are toning it down, and rightly so.

After all, what's the point of making a game no one plays?
    I have not seen a single pug on my server. North America time zone, and I am on at a variety of times.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    Damage is scaled like an r2-3 RL raid if you don’t have defenses.

This thread was started with a complaint about taking 20k damage from an easily avoidable circle mechanic that, based on the damage amount, was pretty obviously meant to be a one-shot. The obvious solution to that is to pay attention and avoid the circles.

My 100 mrr rogue with 50% sheathe and 38% CC absorb was taking 150-200 lava damage on our LH runs. I’d hardly call that crazy.

Im not complaining about circles and fire damage. I got 53% and sheat

-skulls damage too high
    - boss dot damage too high
    - red named wraiths and dots too high

For normal

And another issue is lag in case of many mobs , so that is difficult to recover errors

We completed LN but is too difficult in my opinion
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    GODS

Quote Originally Posted by MaeveTuohy View Post
    I have not seen a single pug on my server. North America time zone, and I am on at a variety of times.
    There was exactly one inclusive PUG i have seen, the one we made, also USA night timing... there was also one reserved only for top tier players, some players i know "have it all" and more.. on their characters in that group.

Considering it takes several runs to understand all the mechanics, and another several to maser the timing/motor reflexes, this will likely wont be a goto PUG raid for quite a while.

-, normal raid diff and race reincarnations are strongly suggesting we should look for new primary hobbies.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    Damage is scaled like an r2-3 RL raid if you don’t have defenses.

This thread was started with a complaint about taking 20k damage from an easily avoidable circle mechanic that, based on the damage amount, was pretty obviously meant to be a one-shot. The obvious solution to that is to pay attention and avoid the circles.

My 100 mrr rogue with 50% sheathe and 38% CC absorb was taking 150-200 lava damage on our LH runs. I’d hardly call that crazy.
    I have yet to find a group that didn't require Sheath & itemized absorption. I've also yet to see a group filled with 7-800 HP people complaining about not being able to complete.

I have seen quite a few groups with fire resist, absorption, and Sheath - and minimum 1200+ HP wiping on LN. I will recommend Orcish Privateer's Boots for easy itemization if you don't have Cannith Crafting.

Avoiding the circle (and even skulls) is reasonable and once the circle is pointed out everyone I've seen is chill with it (at first it's like *** why did I go -4k in one shot).
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Im not complaining about circles and fire damage. I got 53% and sheat

-skulls damage too high
    - boss dot damage too high - Fire Damage
    - red named wraiths and dots too high - Fire Damage

For normal
    ??? You’re not complaining about the fire damage, but 2 of the three issues you highlight are fire damage

Edit; Just ran a "true" pug lfm (threw up the lfm and accepted anyone that hit it) and we completed in 10 minutes with 0 deaths (we tried LH first and got to the start of the 3rd phase without a tank before we wiped). Didn’t seem to be that much different than pre-nerf. Guess I’ll have to wait and see if those who had problems before are doing better now
    Last edited by Shadow_Jumper; 06-11-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

Default Thth

11 completions now and last few runs had peeps that had never completed or run it so i just don't see the issue with raid and post nerf is easier mobs have less hps
    Ughh ,Ughhfu, Ughhina , Ughhtoaster, Rleeermey, Rotund Shogun, Ughhella, Ughhette, Ughhalee, Ughhkilla, Ughhgodanotherone, plus way too many bank toons.
    "Take me to the Brig. I want to see the real Marines." Chesty Puller U.S.M.C.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678