Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    A real pug fills in for those who leave, I dont know you or your characters, just trying to limit or counter the bad info you are spreading about the raid.
    If you don't know my characters stop making up facts about my characters and how I play. That is the very definition of lying. If you don't know don't invent facts such as me having an 8 con and going afk in raids, wanting a participation trophy, blah blah blah. Develop some character instead of making up things about other people.

Check dev tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    So … that raid… Too Hot to Handle.... kinda living up to its name.

After watching you fight the good fight for a couple of weeks, and going over the data, we’ve concluded that the raid is over-performing modestly for our goals.

As a result we are currently a testing a few changes that will affect all difficulty levels, although the adjustment to Elite will be much smaller. None of these changes affect core mechanics of the raid, and instead will target pacing. The fixes should be live within a few weeks, but we’ll have an exact date soon.
    Last edited by slarden; 06-08-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    If you don't know my characters stop making up facts about my characters and how I play. That is the very definition of lying. If you don't know don't invent facts such as me having an 8 con and going afk in raids, wanting a participation trophy, blah blah blah. Develop some character instead of making up things about other people.
    It's an educated guess based on you saying the mechanics are hard to learn, if you run 8 con alts afking in the raid, then yes the mechanics are "hard".
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Bounty Hunter

It's an educated guess based on you saying the mechanics are hard to learn, if you run 8 con alts afking in the raid, then yes the mechanics are "hard".
    It's a bunch of git gud garbage. You like throwing shade at people which is fine, but there is no need to lie. Just be honest and don't make things up about people.

I am really glad the devs see through non-sensical arguments and are looking at actual data.
    Last edited by slarden; 06-08-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Community Member

It's a bunch of git gud garbage. You like throwing shade at people which is fine, but there is no need to lie. Just be honest and don't make things up about people.
    I dont lie, I didnt tell people the mechanics are hard to learn in the raid, that was you.

I can quote your post if you'd like
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Bounty Hunter

I dont lie, I didnt tell people the mechanics are hard to learn in the raid, that was you.

I can quote your post if you'd like
    Me stating the mechanics are hard to learn is an opinion and supported by the fact that the OP's strong raiding guild failed 16 straight times and based on my pug experience. An opinion on difficulty is not a lie - don't be ridiculous.

You claiming I have an 8 con, go afk in raids, want a participation trophy are lies because it's simply not true and can be verified as a lie.

Let's just agree to disagree on the raid mechanics which is opinion - the devs already provided their assessment which lines up with mine - so all good.

Community Member

the devs already provided their assessment which lines up with mine - so all good.
    No they didn't, they aren't removing mechanics, you'll still have to learn them. They are simply going to slow it down a bit.
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Bounty Hunter

No they didn't, they aren't removing mechanics, you'll still have to learn them. They are simply going to slow it down a bit.
    Yes which makes it easier to learn the mechanics of the raid. I NEVER asked for any mechanics to be removed. I would have been happy if they added a learning mode with no rewards so I can practice with a few guildies since there is no chance I will find 11 people to fail the raid with me more than once or twice.

The dev assessment lines up well with mine as far as I can tell.

One thing I am certain of is that if they fully understood all the raid mechanics, tricks and "traps" it would have been an easy completion with that same group.
    Pretty sure in 15 runs you must have learned every mechanic. Mechanics can be explained in 5 minutes.
    The rest is individual skill and party composition. And bad party composition I was reacting to.

Me stating the mechanics are hard to learn is an opinion and supported by the fact that the OP's strong raiding guild failed 16 straight times and based on my pug experience.
    Pug ( idk to what extent ) completions from every server would support the opposite maybe ?
    Khyber
    Orien
    Argo (?)
    Cannith
    Argo
    Ghallanda LH
    Ghallanda LH
    Ghallanda 9 man <3
    Thelanis
    Even Salorna
    Last edited by Wipey; 06-09-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Shahang (hjeal me), Wipekin (tempest), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

One thing I am certain of is that if they fully understood all the raid mechanics, tricks and "traps" it would have been an easy completion with that same group. I think super high dps does allow you to complete without fully understanding all the mechanics/optimization while at the same time learning the mechanics. That is due to bad raid design not a problem with this player group - they are a group of high achievers with good tactics, teamwork and power levels.

The issue isn't the players, teamwork, tactics- it's a knowledge gated raid where it's not easy to obtain that knowledge because of raid design. It's really simple.
    I watched many hours of youtube videos and have heard contradictory advice and on some videos people are even warning their guildies about not giving out some key info that makes the raid easier.
    Me stating the mechanics are hard to learn is an opinion and supported by the fact that the OP's strong raiding guild failed 16 straight times and based on my pug experience. An opinion on difficulty is not a lie - don't be ridiculous.

Let's just agree to disagree on the raid mechanics which is opinion - the devs already provided their assessment which lines up with mine - so all good.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo/comment...le_raid_guide/

If you're having trouble with the mechanics, i recommend you read this. I doubt its perfect, but it gives a very good starter overview.
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

Community Member

My goal is to stop bad data from spreading, like "the mechanics are hard to learn for casual players" you can learn the mechanics in 20 minutes on youtube (except 1 hidden one) it is just excusing laziness and giving the trophy to everyone.

It took me 14 times with pugs before first completion, it was great, no step in beat an HP dummy and get free loot. Its cool you want to jump in on some flavor build alt with 8 starting con and afk to some runes and threads, just not what I am looking for.
    Slarden has very strong toons and plays mid-high reaper on a regular basis. He is also really supportive of the wider DDO community as a whole, including pugs, alt players, and newbies. Not only are you really off-base here, but you're incredibly out of line.
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Honestly, I am glad to say I will save money and save it for my kid... at least Legos do not change overnight so that the pieces don't fit together anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    Slarden has very strong toons and plays mid-high reaper on a regular basis.
    That’s the good thing about the raid imo.

You can have a tricked out Quad PL triple completionist and still be killed super easily if you don’t do the right things in the raid. And you can have a lowlife toon doing everything right and complete.

It’s a change from the past reaper meta, since to my knowledge no one has completed R1+, reaper xp doesn't matter. And I for one am grateful.
    Last edited by Shadow_Jumper; 06-09-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    That’s the good thing about the raid imo.

You can have a tricked out Quad PL triple completionist and still be killed super easily if you don’t do the right things in the raid. And you can have a lowlife toon doing everything right and complete.

It’s a change from the past reaper meta, since to my knowledge no one has completed R1+, reaper xp doesn't matter. And I for one am grateful.
    Why is it that people so quick to throw shade never have their facts straight. I've only joined the raid on my high DC fvs instakiller/healer which is in my sig. I have a super high will save against the evil damage and significant fire absorb. I didn't have an issue with survivability in the raid until it got out of hand with maybe a dozen or so red-named wraiths. I was raising people alot and trying to keep people healed, but was not able to keep up with it as I've been able to do in other raids.

I was in the raid with the best player in the game and a 2 other strong players and 8 characters I didn't know that appeared to be casual players. I couldn't see what everyone else was doing, but I feel I did a good job at my role but there was no possibility that could influence the success of the raid and there was no chance I could keep everyone healed. I killed whatever came near me, but the group needed my heals more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    Pretty sure in 15 runs you must have learned every mechanic. Mechanics can be explained in 5 minutes.
    The rest is individual skill and party composition. And bad party composition I was reacting to.

Pug ( idk to what extent ) completions from every server would support the opposite maybe ?
    Khyber
    Orien
    Argo (?)
    Cannith
    Argo
    Ghallanda LH
    Ghallanda LH
    Ghallanda 9 man <3
    Thelanis
    Even Salorna
    Again the person throwing shade not having facts straight. I didn't run 15 times I've seen 2 lfms and joined both. In both cases people bailed after 2 fails. I am aware that people have completed the raid and once they get the mechanics it becomes easier each time. None of that change my opinion that the devs are right in their assessment. We are talking about Normal difficulty here not one of the higher 12 difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo/comments/bl8rfg/too_hot_to_handle_raid_guide/

If you're having trouble with the mechanics, i recommend you read this. I doubt its perfect, but it gives a very good starter overview.
    Thank you I'll take a look.

I've watched several hours of videos - not sure how many chances I'll get to run the raid as I just don't see it run as much as past raids- but will join when I can. I think the critical thing to learn the raid is to have the chance to run it and learn from it. So far in my role as instakiller/healer I've done as instructed, but didn't take much learning away from the raid. I did my role well and came prepared. I don't think anything I could have done would have changed the outcome.

My opinion is still that the devs are right in their assessment. My major issue with the raid is that there isn't a good place to learn it - I didn't feel joining a pug and failing provided much learning.

What is it you think I could have done differently to make this pug succeed? I watched several hours of videos, came prepared, killed everything near me and was constantly healing, res'ing and reapplying spawn screen on people. From what I can tell there is nothing I could have done differently and the only way to learn more about the raid would be to ignore my role and instead explore a bit. I instead executed my role.

Community Member

I was in the raid with the best player in the game
    This is a lie, you are not even on Ghallanda to run with me.
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Bounty Hunter

This is a lie, you are not even on Ghallanda to run with me.
    I am certain you aren't firegoddess for two reasons. He is a very nice person and secondly he would never boast about being the best player in the game even though he is.

Community Member

I am certain you aren't firegoddess for two reasons. He is a very nice person and secondly he would never boast about being the best player in the game even though he is.
    Firegoddess is a good player, being nice has nothing to do with being great player let alone the best. Being humble is for suckers.
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Community Member

What is it you think I could have done differently to make this pug succeed?.
    Post a video ! Woud be more useful than this conversation.

<-- not the best player in the game

Being humble is for suckers.
    This new raid brings out the best teamwork.

Default completion

Why is it that people so quick to throw shade never have their facts straight. I've only joined the raid on my high DC fvs instakiller/healer which is in my sig. I have a super high will save against the evil damage and significant fire absorb. I didn't have an issue with survivability in the raid until it got out of hand with maybe a dozen or so red-named wraiths. I was raising people alot and trying to keep people healed, but was not able to keep up with it as I've been able to do in other raids.

I was in the raid with the best player in the game and a 2 other strong players and 8 characters I didn't know that appeared to be casual players. I couldn't see what everyone else was doing, but I feel I did a good job at my role but there was no possibility that could influence the success of the raid and there was no chance I could keep everyone healed. I killed whatever came near me, but the group needed my heals more than anything else.

Again the person throwing shade not having facts straight. I didn't run 15 times I've seen 2 lfms and joined both. In both cases people bailed after 2 fails. I am aware that people have completed the raid and once they get the mechanics it becomes easier each time. None of that change my opinion that the devs are right in their assessment. We are talking about Normal difficulty here not one of the higher 12 difficulties.

Thank you I'll take a look.

I've watched several hours of videos - not sure how many chances I'll get to run the raid as I just don't see it run as much as past raids- but will join when I can. I think the critical thing to learn the raid is to have the chance to run it and learn from it. So far in my role as instakiller/healer I've done as instructed, but didn't take much learning away from the raid. I did my role well and came prepared. I don't think anything I could have done would have changed the outcome.

My opinion is still that the devs are right in their assessment. My major issue with the raid is that there isn't a good place to learn it - I didn't feel joining a pug and failing provided much learning.

What is it you think I could have done differently to make this pug succeed? I watched several hours of videos, came prepared, killed everything near me and was constantly healing, res'ing and reapplying spawn screen on people. From what I can tell there is nothing I could have done differently and the only way to learn more about the raid would be to ignore my role and instead explore a bit. I instead executed my role.

As per your quote above about server completions, we have 7 LH so far on Argo and a couple were shortmanned
    Ughh ,Ughhfu, Ughhina , Ughhtoaster, Rleeermey, Rotund Shogun, Ughhella, Ughhette, Ughhalee, Ughhkilla, Ughhgodanotherone, plus way too many bank toons.
    "Take me to the Brig. I want to see the real Marines." Chesty Puller U.S.M.C.

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Ughh View Post
    As per your quote above about server completions, we have 7 LH so far on Argo and a couple were shortmanned
    That's great. The party composition of the groups I've been in have been roughly 3-4 accomplished vets and 8-9 I didn't recognize with reasonable hp for level 30, but probably not with many past lifes, etc. In one case the best player in the game was part of the group and even his uber skills wasn't enough to rescue it. LN damage wasn't too bad for the accomplished vets, but it was too much for the others. People were telling me not to bother raising them because they couldn't stay alive.

I think the dev assessment regarding changes is spot on unless it's their intent to exclude people from running the raid. My preference is to make the raid more accessible on Normal and I think that is the dev's intention as well unless I misunderstood. The pug completions I've seen posted on Sarlona consisted of a strong core of 8-10 that raid together with pug spots mostly filled by accomplished players (winged, completionists, etc.).

I am not saying it's not possible to complete, but I think alot of the people opposed to changing the raid are doing so because they want a raid where many are excluded as opposed to thinking the raid difficulty is fine on normal for an average player. My view point is that a group of average players can't complete on normal based on my experience. If they had a good guide perhaps that would be different, but that's my assessment based on what I've seen. I was invited to participate in a run with a hard core guild after a failed run which I appreciated. I am sure that will be an easy completion, but that doesn't change my opinion that Normal should be based on a group of average players.

Community Member

I think the dev assessment regarding changes is spot on unless it's their intent to exclude people from running the raid. My preference is to make the raid more accessible on Normal and I think that is the dev's intention as well unless I misunderstood. The pug completions I've seen posted on Sarlona consisted of a strong core of 8-10 that raid together with pug spots mostly filled by accomplished players (winged, completionists, etc.).
    I see your point, but you're not going to convince anyone. Arguing for making the raid more accompanying to casual players is landing on deaf ears because there are plenty of people who believe that this raid shouldn't be accessible to said players. Random unprepared PUGs can't complete the hardest raid in the game. So what? Groups that are completing usually consist of many veteran players. Yeah, and? Only accomplished players are completing the most difficult raid DDO has to offer. Yeah? Good.

Should the raid be made easier to accompany more casual players? That's what you're arguing. But others don't see it that way. They want to keep the hardest raid in the game - the only tier 4 raid as of now - exclusive to the more elite players. You see a problem with that, they don't. You don't see this raid as viable for PUG groups. They would point towards the multiple completions in PUGs - I've witness a few myself - as a counterargument. The developers have even claimed completion on first-life under-geared characters. You might argue that the challenge should be kept to Hard or Elite. Others might agree so long as the named loot is kept to Hard and Elite as well.

Finally we have a raid that has nothing to do with past lives or reaper wings, and everything to do with communication and the right strategy. Should it be made easier to accompany those who don't wish to learn the mechanics or utilize the correct strategy? I'm not so sure about that.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast