Default Can't Slot Pet Enhancements

Hey All,

I have my Wolf build druid to level 20 . . . and I've never figured out how to slot active enhancement abilities such as Feed and Howl to my pet's bar. I go into the Pet Character Sheet, i see the square active enhancements that I've trained such as Feed, but when I try to drag it down to one of the four available boxes . . . I can't. The only clue I have is that when I mouse over Feed in the Pet Character Sheet, it has "Cost: 2 Action Points" in red, seeming to imply that there is a problem . . . but I trained this ability via a trainer, which I assume is the only reason I see it in the Pet Character Sheet, so . . . I'm stumped.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    "Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is looking."

Community Member

Telling your pet/hire to actively do things breaks them anyways, so it is better that you don't know how to slot pet abilities.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Telling your pet/hire to actively do things breaks them anyways, so it is better that you don't know how to slot pet abilities.
    I second that motion. Though personally, only Intimidate has done that for me.

As for the enhancements, normally, they're hidden (with a + sign next to the first one). Those hide the skills you can actually place on the bar. Usually only the first one of the lot can be placed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gesh View Post
    Hey All,

I have my Wolf build druid to level 20 . . . and I've never figured out how to slot active enhancement abilities such as Feed and Howl to my pet's bar. I go into the Pet Character Sheet, i see the square active enhancements that I've trained such as Feed, but when I try to drag it down to one of the four available boxes . . . I can't. The only clue I have is that when I mouse over Feed in the Pet Character Sheet, it has "Cost: 2 Action Points" in red, seeming to imply that there is a problem . . . but I trained this ability via a trainer, which I assume is the only reason I see it in the Pet Character Sheet, so . . . I'm stumped.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    I just tried this, and I can drag bluff and trip down to the 4 spots. Can you take a screenshot of the icon you are dragging?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I just tried this, and I can drag bluff and trip down to the 4 spots. Can you take a screenshot of the icon you are dragging?
    Apparently I don't know how to get an image into the forum post so I'll have to describe it. I'm looking at the "Enhancement" tab of my "Pet Character Sheet." I see many expandable menus including "Capstone Enhancements," "Melee Threat," etc. Most, though, are labeled "Unknown." Under one of those, when expanded, I see "Howl I" (I've not invested beyond the first rank since I don't know how to actually use it. I tried to drag the square "Howl I" box down to one of the four empty slots at the bottom of the "Enhancement" tab. I can't. I try the same with "Feed I" and also can't.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Apparently I don't know how to get an image into the forum post so I'll have to describe it. I'm looking at the "Enhancement" tab of my "Pet Character Sheet." I see many expandable menus including "Capstone Enhancements," "Melee Threat," etc. Most, though, are labeled "Unknown." Under one of those, when expanded, I see "Howl I" (I've not invested beyond the first rank since I don't know how to actually use it. I tried to drag the square "Howl I" box down to one of the four empty slots at the bottom of the "Enhancement" tab. I can't. I try the same with "Feed I" and also can't.

Feed has the wrong icon, it is actually a passive always on ability. (At least last time I checked which was quite a while ago) I've never tried howl.

Only thing I can think of: Go to the trainer and select "I would like to train my pet". Then reset the points and respend them, then try again.

Is there a + sign next to the howl icon? IIRC the actual icon you can drag for the actives is in the "expand" list, so you need to click on that + and a square icon will appear underneath it in the expand list. THAT is the one you can drag.

If there's no + the icon is wrong and it's not actually an activated ability that you can put on the bar.

Here's what the actual active abilities look like in the list:

Last edited by PsychoBlonde; 06-15-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Okay, I guess the answer is that despite having square icons Howl and Feed aren't actually active abilities, but passive, and I've just not trained any of the ones that truly are active like Growl, Hamstring, Raging Wolf, and Hounding Yip. I've noticed my pet seeming to gain health, presumably from Feed, but hadn't noticed him actually howling. Not sure why Howl and Feed have square icons, that's confusing.

Anyway, I think that is the answer. Thanks to those who helped with my cluelessness.