Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default 8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build

**UPDATED** 8/25/19

This is a build that I have run for a number of racial lives now and took to 30 for the release of Sharn to see how it handled in Epics. At this point I feel comfortable enough with the build to formalize a thread on it. As always I would welcome any feedback and criticism to help improve it in any way. Many of the basic concepts of the build were inspired by Slarden's 12 Arti/6 fighter/2 monk reaper build (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...k-Reaper-Build) and from Gabrael's Inquisitive thread (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-brainstorming). I also want to thank Xgya for their feedback and ideas as well as Maetrim for their character planner (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...racter-Planner). I can't not think of a creative name for the build and for all I know it is not unique so here goes.

The basic idea of the build is the ability to take a tier 5 capstone in Inquisitive while simultaneously splashing classes to accelerate power in early heroics. Build constraints were Improved Precise Shot by level 12...period. Yes you could get more sneak attack damage by taking more rogue levels and dropping artificer but the focus of the build is to get as much power as possible as early as possible by utilizing the "free" ranged feats in Artificer and Ranger while making sure that you have enough base attack bonus by level 12 to take IPS. The only way to take IPS by level 12 is to go pure Ranger (level 11) or have 8 of your first 12 levels in full BAB classes (Barbarian, Ranger or Fighter). Of these, it is my opinion that Ranger offers the most synergies with the inquisitor universal tree (although fighter is a fine alternative if you need fighter lives). The build has tons of flexibility, it is feat rich, can fully trap at level 1, gets rune arms at level 2 for barrel breaking and being INT based, it gets a ton of skill points for making sure UMD and key trapping skills are kept viable. Given the high skill points and relatively high UMD, it is able to self scroll/wand heal effectively without a hireling in low reaper combined with the inherent defenses of the build (trap detection, evasion, insightful reflexes, etc) means that it is very survivable in solo low reaper. The build will work fine with any race although smaller races are preferred because of how they work with IPS. I am sure there will be plenty of people responding to this thread with "improvements" that involve delaying IPS until level 15. This is a fast heroic leveling build, one of the only downsides is the lack of AOE damage, ANYTHING that delays that damage spike is not worth it. IPS at 12 (or 11 if you don't care about traps and runearms)....period.

Gearing for the build is easy and straight forward, I would HIGHLY recommend acquiring a Ratcatcher which can be used from levels 8-20 with great effectiveness. In my racial runs I typically gold roll to level 4 and use a level 2 Keen/Vorpal/Festival Icy Burst light crossbow until level level 8 and then use a Ratcatcher slotted with a Ruby of Ghostbane until level 20. Other than that I use select slavers items at 8, Ravenloft gear at 10 and swap out Int/Con cannith crafted gear at level 15. I have not acquired the key Sharn sets but would probably swap for one of the sets and possibly the light crossbow in the mid teens. The build is VERY forgiving on gear and does not require excessive swapping every few levels. Basically get a Ratcatcher and the rest will take care of itself.

For enhancements my "must haves" were: Inquisitive=41, Harper=7 (Know the Angles and Strategic Combat 1 for Int to hit), Deep Wood Stalker 22 (Killer x2 and Sniper Shot), Mechanic 11 (core 3 for Int to Damage). Total is 81 points assuming the extra +1 universal tome from Sharn ultimate pack. The build kills so fast you are able to keep Thrill of the Hunt and Killer up 100% of the time which makes the 22 points in DWS worth it. At level 30 my standing doubleshot was 77 which became 92 with +15 from 2 ranks of killer without any boosts.

This build is not a starter build, as described it requires a significant investment in both past lives, racial enhancements and universal enhancements from the various expansion packs. If you had to give up anything, the best tree to take it from would be deep wood stalker while maintaining enough for Sniper Shot.

**UPDATED** 8/25/19

Character name: Neurik
    Classes: 10 Epic, 9 Ranger, 7 Rogue, 4 Artificer
    Race: Halfling· · · · · · ·Alignment: Neutral

· · ·Start Tome Final
    Str:· · ·6· · 8 · ·19 · · ·HP:· · · · 803 · · ·AC:· · 65
    Dex:· · 14· · 8 · ·28 · · ·PRR: · · · ·32
    Con:· · 18· · 8 · ·32 · · ·MRR: · · · ·14 · · ·+Healing Amp:· · 30
    Int:· · 18· · 8 · ·41 · · ·Dodge: · ·9/25 · · ·-Healing Amp:· · ·0
    Wis:· · ·8· · 8 · ·22 · · ·Fort:· · · 15% · · ·Repair Amp:· · · ·0
    Cha:· · ·8· · 8 · ·22 · · ·SR:· · · · · 0 · · ·BAB: · · · · · · 22
    DR:
    Immunities:

Heroic Past Lives
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Past Life: Artificer(3)
    Past Life: Barbarian(3)
    Past Life: Bard(2)
    Past Life: Cleric(3)
    Past Life: Druid
    Past Life: Favored Soul(3)
    Past Life: Fighter
    Past Life: Monk(3)
    Past Life: Paladin(3)
    Past Life: Ranger(3)
    Past Life: Rogue(3)
    Past Life: Sorcerer(3)
    Past Life: Warlock
    Past Life: Wizard(3)

Racial Past Lives
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Past Life: Aasimar(3)
    Past Life: Dragonborn(3)
    Past Life: Drow(3)
    Past Life: Dwarf(3)
    Past Life: Elf(3)
    Past Life: Gnome(3)
    Past Life: Half-Elf(3)
    Past Life: Half-Orc(3)
    Past Life: Halfling(3)
    Past Life: Human(3)
    Past Life: Tiefling
    Past Life: Warforged(3)

Iconic Past Lives
    Past Life: Aasimar Scourge(3)
    Past Life: Bladeforged(3)
    Past Life: Deep Gnome(3)
    Past Life: Morninglord(3)
    Past Life: Purple Dragon Knight(3)
    Past Life: Shadar-Kai(3)

Epic Past Lives
    Past Life: Arcane Sphere: Enchant Weapon(3)
    Past Life: Arcane Sphere: Energy Criticals(3)
    Past Life: Divine Sphere: Block Energy
    Past Life: Divine Sphere: Brace(3)
    Past Life: Divine Sphere: Power Over Life and Death(3)
    Past Life: Martial Sphere: Doublestrike(3)
    Past Life: Martial Sphere: Fortification(3)
    Past Life: Martial Sphere: Skill Mastery(3)
    Past Life: Primal Sphere: Colors of the Queen(3)
    Past Life: Primal Sphere: Doubleshot(3)
    Past Life: Primal Sphere: Fast Healing(3)

Class and Feat Selection
    Level Class · · · · · ·Feats
    1 · · Artificer(1)· · ·Standard: Point Blank Shot
    2 · · Artificer(2)· · ·
    3 · · Ranger(1) · · · ·Standard: Precision
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Favored Enemy: Favored enemy: Undead
    4 · · Ranger(2) · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    5 · · Ranger(3) · · · ·
    6 · · Ranger(4) · · · ·Standard: Completionist
    7 · · Ranger(5) · · · ·Favored Enemy: Favored enemy: Evil Outsider
    8 · · Ranger(6) · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    9 · · Ranger(7) · · · ·Standard: Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    10· · Ranger(8) · · · ·
    11· · Ranger(9) · · · ·
    12· · Artificer(3)· · ·Standard: Improved Precise Shot
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    13· · Artificer(4)· · ·Artificer Bonus: Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons
    14· · Rogue(1)· · · · ·
    15· · Rogue(2)· · · · ·Standard: Insightful Reflexes
    16· · Rogue(3)· · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    17· · Rogue(4)· · · · ·
    18· · Rogue(5)· · · · ·Standard: Power Critical
    19· · Rogue(6)· · · · ·
    20· · Rogue(7)· · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up

Granted Feats
    Slippery Mind

Automatic Feats
    · 1 · Artificer(1)· · ·Arcane Lore
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Rapid Reload
    · 2 · Artificer(2)· · ·Arcane Lore
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Rune Arm Use
    · 3 · Ranger(1) · · · ·Bow Strength
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Wild Empathy
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Wilderness Lore
    · 4 · Ranger(2) · · · ·Rapid Shot
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Two Weapon Fighting
    · 5 · Ranger(3) · · · ·Diehard
    · 6 · Ranger(4) · · · ·Precise Shot
    · 7 · Ranger(5) · · · ·Improved Heroic Durability
    · 8 · Ranger(6) · · · ·Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Manyshot
    · 9 · Ranger(7) · · · ·Improved Wild Empathy
    10 · Ranger(8) · · · ·Wilderness Lore
    11 · Ranger(9) · · · ·Evasion
    12 · Artificer(3)· · ·Arcane Lore
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Knowledge: Wands
    13 · Artificer(4)· · ·Arcane Lore
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Craft Mastery
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Knowledge: Scrolls
    14 · Rogue(1)· · · · ·Sneak Attack
    15 · Rogue(2)· · · · ·
    16 · Rogue(3)· · · · ·Sneak Attack
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Trap Sense
    17 · Rogue(4)· · · · ·Uncanny Dodge
    18 · Rogue(5)· · · · ·Improved Heroic Durability
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Sneak Attack
    19 · Rogue(6)· · · · ·Uncanny Dodge
    20 · Rogue(7)· · · · ·Sneak Attack

Enhancements: 80 APs, Racial 13, Universal 1
    Halfling - Points spent: 8
    1 Core ·(1) Luck I
    2 Tier1 (1) Cunning
    3 Tier1 (1) Cunning
    4 Tier1 (1) Cunning
    5 Tier1 (1) Bold
    6 Tier2 (1) Guile I
    7 Tier2 (2) Heroic Companion
    Inquisitive - Points spent: 41
    1 Core ·(1) Inquisitive
    2 Tier1 (2) Dual Shooter
    3 Tier1 (2) Law on your side
    4 Core ·(1) Hit the Streets
    5 Tier2 (2) Crossbow Adept
    6 Tier2 (2) Improved Law
    7 Core ·(1) Mind Like Iron
    8 Tier2 (1) Wand and Scroll Mastery
    9 Tier2 (1) Wand and Scroll Mastery
    10 Tier2 (1) Wand and Scroll Mastery
    11 Tier3 (2) Ability Score I: Intelligence
    12 Tier3 (2) Crossbow Adept II
    13 Tier3 (2) First Things First: Ask Questions First
    14 Tier4 (1) What Later?: Shoot Later
    15 Tier4 (2) Crossbow Adept III
    16 Tier4 (2) Greater Law
    17 Tier2 (2) Observation
    18 Tier3 (1) Improved Observation
    19 Tier4 (2) Inquisition Style: Martial Inquisition
    20 Tier4 (2) Ability Score II: Intelligence
    21 Tier5 (1) Inquisitor's Path: Vigilante
    22 Tier5 (1) Diplomatic Immunity
    23 Tier5 (2) No Holds Barred
    24 Core ·(1) True Seeing
    25 Core ·(1) Undaunted
    26 Tier5 (2) Arresting Assault
    27 Core ·(1) Master Inquisitive
    Deepwood Stalker - Points spent: 22
    1 Core ·(1) Far Shot
    2 Tier1 (1) Stealthy
    3 Tier1 (1) Stealthy
    4 Tier1 (1) Stealthy
    5 Tier1 (1) Favored Defense
    6 Core ·(1) Sneak Attack
    7 Tier2 (2) Survivalist I
    8 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Melee/Ranged Power Boost
    9 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Melee/Ranged Power Boost
    10 Core ·(1) Called Shot: Sniper Shot
    11 Tier3 (2) Survivalist II
    12 Tier3 (1) Thrill of the Hunt
    13 Tier3 (1) Thrill of the Hunt
    14 Tier3 (1) Thrill of the Hunt
    15 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Melee/Ranged Power Boost
    16 Tier3 (1) Favored Hunter
    17 Tier3 (1) Favored Hunter
    18 Tier3 (1) Favored Hunter
    19 Tier4 (1) Killer
    20 Tier4 (1) Killer
    Harper Agent - Points spent: 7
    1 Core ·(1) Agent of Good I
    2 Tier1 (2) Strategic Combat I
    3 Tier1 (2) Harper Enchantment
    4 Tier2 (1) Know the Angles
    5 Tier2 (1) Know the Angles
    Mechanic - Points spent: 11
    1 Core ·(1) Arbalester
    2 Tier1 (2) Sharpshooter I
    3 Tier1 (1) Awareness
    4 Tier1 (1) Awareness
    5 Core ·(1) Tanglefoot
    6 Tier2 (2) Sharpshooter II
    7 Tier1 (1) Awareness
    8 Tier1 (1) Mechanics
    9 Core ·(1) Targeting Sights
    Last edited by Swimms; 08-25-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Here is a video of the build as posted soling R1 Raven's Bane at level 12.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oJt...ature=youtu.be
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Default Getting INT to dmg earlier?

So in your build you don't get Rogue 6 until level 18 - how do you get INT to damage before then? Do you front-load 11 points into Harper for INT to dmg, then rebalance at 18?
    Khyber, Dragon Order of Arcanix Veryunique - Air Savant (PL: Rog,Clr,Fvs,Bard, Wizx2), Skullcrshr - Gimp Thrower (PL: Rog, Barb, Ftrx3, Pal),
    Elsir - Heroic Completionist running Racial TRs, TheMadness - Evoker Fvs (PL: Sorcx3, Druid, Wiz, Clr, Wlkx2)

Community Member

I'm planning something pretty close---Rogue 12 ranger 4 arti 4. Int based, aasimar scourge (not the ideal race honestly but its where I'm at in my lives)
    41 inquisitor (costs me 40 because of universal tome)
    8 harper for KTA
    11 mechanic
    3 TA (fast movement absolute must)

That's 62 points absolutely nailed down.
    Would really like---assassin 11 for assassin's trick, which IMO is one of the best group buffs in the game, also gives 2 SA dice
    6 points in DWS (for 2 increases in SA/PB range, and 3 SA dice

That's 79, leaving one point left over.
    For feats I have all the must haves plus dodge/mobility/shot on the run

Any thoughts? 12 rogue is making me eligible for improved sneak attack, adding 6d6 SA dice, 4 ranger is giving me rapid and precise shot, ram's might and giving me access to the level 3 core in dws, 4 arti is giving a bonus feat, 2nd level arti spells and +2 to scroll cast level, which is nice for heal scrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalDad View Post
    So in your build you don't get Rogue 6 until level 18 - how do you get INT to damage before then? Do you front-load 11 points into Harper for INT to dmg, then rebalance at 18?
    That is exactly right, the first points go into harper to get int to hit and int to damage. Then it is "all in" with inquisitive, you start to put your first points into Deep Wood/Mechanic around level 14-15. Once I have enough points for T3 mechanic I respec harper to Strategic combat 1 (int to hit) then the rest of the points go into DWS up to killer which you don't get until 20 unfortunately.
    Neurik of Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    I'm planning something pretty close---Rogue 12 ranger 4 arti 4. Int based, aasimar scourge (not the ideal race honestly but its where I'm at in my lives)
    41 inquisitor (costs me 40 because of universal tome)
    8 harper for KTA
    11 mechanic
    3 TA (fast movement absolute must)

That's 62 points absolutely nailed down.
    Would really like---assassin 11 for assassin's trick, which IMO is one of the best group buffs in the game, also gives 2 SA dice
    6 points in DWS (for 2 increases in SA/PB range, and 3 SA dice

That's 79, leaving one point left over.
    For feats I have all the must haves plus dodge/mobility/shot on the run

Any thoughts? 12 rogue is making me eligible for improved sneak attack, adding 6d6 SA dice, 4 ranger is giving me rapid and precise shot, ram's might and giving me access to the level 3 core in dws, 4 arti is giving a bonus feat, 2nd level arti spells and +2 to scroll cast level, which is nice for heal scrolls.
    This will perform well for sure, my only issue is that you end up delaying IPS because of all the rogue/arti levels. IPS is such a HUGE DPS boost that it trumps any and all optimizations you might make in pretty much any enhancement tree. Getting it at level 12 vs level 15 just makes those levels fly by so much more quickly. Just watch the video and imagine having to do that one mob at a time....for 3 more levels.....pain.
    Neurik of Argo.

Looks very good.

How would you adjust the split to make for heroic/iconic lives? I assume 6rog/2art/x class as bare minimum? Why do you need 4 levels of artie?

Quote Originally Posted by Komradkillingmachine View Post
    Looks very good.

How would you adjust the split to make for heroic/iconic lives? I assume 6rog/2art/x class as bare minimum? Why do you need 4 levels of artie?
    You don't "need" 4 arti but the reason I took 4 was for feats, rune arm (breakables) and traps at level 1. Arti at level 1 givens me free rapid reload and traps. Arti 2 gives rune arms, artii 4 taken at level 12 gives me free improved precise shot and frees up my standard level 12 feat to take insightful reflexes. If you wanted to run an iconic and get to start at 15 with IPS there are definitely more optimal splits to be had. For my purposes the only build constraints are 41 points in inquisitive and IPS by level 12. With those two things alone the build is sold for racial TR train. This also makes it ideal for that because it is not reliant on any one optimal race to be effective, you can run this split with any race and do just fine

By level 4 with this build you have most of the key ranged feats since you get free rapid shot with ranger 2 and free rapid reload with arti 1. Taking point blank shot at 1 and precision at 3 sets you up for a lot of low level power along with rune arm and full trapping.
    Neurik of Argo.

Made a minor change to take weapon focus ranged at 15 and then power critical at 18 over Dodge and Mobility.
    Neurik of Argo.

Currently running as a human and I ended up taking dragonmark of passage with the human bonus feat and with enough racial points it allows one to take dimension door at level 1!! Pretty neat.
    Neurik of Argo.

fwiw you can do this same level split but as a aasimar wisdom build, steal some points from mechanic and harper to build up falconry to wisdom to hit and damage.

I'm running this now sitting at 18 so I haven't figured out the final ap spent but 41inquisitive, 11dws, 12falconry is a good start.

Arty 4 gets you endless fusilade pretty early, then respec to inquisitive no holds barred after 12 keeping the runearm recharge and extra action boost. Ratcatcher is great, I use Nightshade shooter at 15 (the con damage is enough to stun monsters) but swap back to Ratcatcher when there is heavy dr.

Quote Originally Posted by RydeaNikkna View Post
    fwiw you can do this same level split but as a aasimar wisdom build, steal some points from mechanic and harper to build up falconry to wisdom to hit and damage.

I'm running this now sitting at 18 so I haven't figured out the final ap spent but 41inquisitive, 11dws, 12falconry is a good start.

Arty 4 gets you endless fusilade pretty early, then respec to inquisitive no holds barred after 12 keeping the runearm recharge and extra action boost. Ratcatcher is great, I use Nightshade shooter at 15 (the con damage is enough to stun monsters) but swap back to Ratcatcher when there is heavy dr.
    I had not thought about trying to take the 4 arti early. I usually gold roll to level 4 and the 2 arti/2 ranger split gives me most key ranged feats plus reaper points to start with but I like this idea. I would need to play around with a character planner to see where the feats land. I still need 3x aasimar so this is definitely something to consider.
    Neurik of Argo.

Default .

Playing around with some options on the build to make it wisdom based with falconry for my Aasimar lives, feedback welcomed.

Character name: 8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Falconry Wisdom based
    Classes: 10 Epic, 8 Ranger, 8 Rogue, 4 Artificer
    Race: Aasimar · · · · · · ·Alignment: Neutral

· · ·Start Tome Final
    Str:· · ·9· · 8 · ·20 · · ·HP:· · · · 747 · · ·AC:· · 64
    Dex:· · 14· · 8 · ·26 · · ·PRR: · · · ·44
    Con:· · 17· · 8 · ·28 · · ·MRR: · · · ·17 · · ·+Healing Amp:· · 65
    Int:· · ·8· · 8 · ·20 · · ·Dodge: · 16/25 · · ·-Healing Amp:· · ·0
    Wis:· · 20· · 8 · ·42 · · ·Fort:· · · 15% · · ·Repair Amp:· · · ·0
    Cha:· · ·8· · 8 · ·19 · · ·SR:· · · · · 0 · · ·BAB: · · · · · · 22
    DR:
    Immunities: Blindness

Heroic Past Lives
    Past Life: Artificer(3)
    Past Life: Barbarian(3)
    Past Life: Bard(2)
    Past Life: Cleric(3)
    Past Life: Druid
    Past Life: Favored Soul(3)
    Past Life: Fighter
    Past Life: Monk(3)
    Past Life: Paladin(3)
    Past Life: Ranger(3)
    Past Life: Rogue(3)
    Past Life: Sorcerer(3)
    Past Life: Warlock
    Past Life: Wizard(3)

Racial Past Lives
    Past Life: Drow(3)
    Past Life: Dwarf(3)
    Past Life: Elf(3)
    Past Life: Gnome(3)
    Past Life: Half-Elf(3)
    Past Life: Half-Orc(3)
    Past Life: Halfling(3)
    Past Life: Human(3)

Iconic Past Lives
    Past Life: Aasimar Scourge(3)
    Past Life: Bladeforged(3)
    Past Life: Deep Gnome(3)
    Past Life: Morninglord(3)
    Past Life: Purple Dragon Knight(3)
    Past Life: Shadar-Kai(3)

Epic Past Lives
    Past Life: Arcane Sphere: Enchant Weapon(3)
    Past Life: Arcane Sphere: Energy Criticals(3)
    Past Life: Divine Sphere: Block Energy(3)
    Past Life: Divine Sphere: Brace(3)
    Past Life: Divine Sphere: Power Over Life and Death(2)
    Past Life: Martial Sphere: Doublestrike(3)
    Past Life: Martial Sphere: Fortification(3)
    Past Life: Martial Sphere: Skill Mastery(3)
    Past Life: Primal Sphere: Colors of the Queen(3)
    Past Life: Primal Sphere: Doubleshot(3)
    Past Life: Primal Sphere: Fast Healing

Class and Feat Selection
    1 · · Artificer(1)· · ·Standard: Point Blank Shot
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Aasimar Bond: Aasimar: Protector Bond
    2 · · Artificer(2)· · ·
    3 · · Ranger(1) · · · ·Standard: Precision
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Favored Enemy: Favored enemy: Undead
    4 · · Ranger(2) · · · ·Wisdom: +1 Level up
    5 · · Ranger(3) · · · ·
    6 · · Ranger(4) · · · ·Standard: Completionist
    7 · · Ranger(5) · · · ·Favored Enemy: Favored enemy: Construct
    8 · · Ranger(6) · · · ·Wisdom: +1 Level up
    9 · · Ranger(7) · · · ·Standard: Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    10· · Ranger(8) · · · ·
    11· · Artificer(3)· · ·
    12· · Artificer(4)· · ·Standard: Dodge
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Bonus: Improved Precise Shot
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Wisdom: +1 Level up
    13· · Rogue(1)· · · · ·
    14· · Rogue(2)· · · · ·
    15· · Rogue(3)· · · · ·Standard: Mobility
    16· · Rogue(4)· · · · ·Wisdom: +1 Level up
    17· · Rogue(5)· · · · ·
    18· · Rogue(6)· · · · ·Standard: Shot on the Run
    19· · Rogue(7)· · · · ·
    20· · Rogue(8)· · · · ·Wisdom: +1 Level up

Granted Feats
    Improved Uncanny Dodge
    Slippery Mind

Automatic Feats
    · 1 · Artificer(1)· · ·Aasimar Racial Traits

· · · · · · · · · · · ·Rapid Reload

· 2 · Artificer(2)· · ·Arcane Lore
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Rune Arm Use
    · 3 · Ranger(1) · · · ·Bow Strength

· 4 · Ranger(2) · · · ·Rapid Shot

· 6 · Ranger(4) · · · ·Precise Shot

14 · Rogue(2)· · · · ·Evasion

Enhancements: 80 APs, Racial 10, Universal 1
    Aasimar - Points spent: 9
    1 Core ·(1) Stronger Bonds I
    2 Core ·(2) Ability I: +1 Wisdom
    3 Tier1 (2) Improved Recovery I
    4 Tier1 (1) Fight the Wicked I
    5 Tier2 (1) Fight the Wicked II
    6 Tier1 (1) True Resilience: Protector
    7 Tier2 (1) Divine Purpose: Divine Purpose: Protector
    Falconry - Points spent: 28
    1 Core ·(1) Summon Falcon: Summon Falcon
    2 Tier1 (1) Rugged
    3 Tier1 (1) Rugged
    4 Tier1 (1) Rugged
    5 Tier1 (1) Out in Nature
    6 Tier1 (1) Out in Nature
    7 Core ·(2) Ability I: Wisdom
    8 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Sprint
    9 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Sprint
    10 Core ·(1) Well Rounded I
    11 Tier2 (2) Killer Instinct I
    12 Tier3 (2) Killer Instinct II
    13 Tier3 (2) Conditioning
    14 Tier1 (1) Out in Nature
    15 Tier1 (1) Practiced Accuracy
    16 Tier1 (1) Practiced Accuracy
    17 Tier4 (1) Deadly Instinct
    18 Tier4 (1) Deadly Instinct
    19 Tier4 (1) Deadly Instinct
    20 Tier4 (1) No Mercy
    21 Tier4 (1) No Mercy
    22 Tier4 (1) Coordinated Strikes: Shoot and Destroy
    23 Tier4 (1) Expose Weakness
    24 Tier4 (1) No Mercy
    Inquisitive - Points spent: 41
    1 Core ·(1) Inquisitive
    2 Tier1 (2) Dual Shooter
    3 Tier1 (2) Law on your side
    4 Core ·(1) Hit the Streets
    5 Tier2 (2) Crossbow Adept
    6 Tier2 (1) Wand and Scroll Mastery
    7 Tier2 (1) Wand and Scroll Mastery
    8 Tier2 (2) Improved Law
    9 Tier3 (2) Ability Score I: Wisdom
    10 Tier3 (2) First Things First: Ask Questions First
    11 Tier3 (2) Crossbow Adept II
    12 Tier2 (1) Wand and Scroll Mastery
    13 Core ·(1) Mind Like Iron
    14 Core ·(1) True Seeing
    15 Tier4 (2) Crossbow Adept III
    16 Tier4 (1) What Later?: Shoot Later
    17 Tier4 (2) Greater Law
    18 Tier4 (2) Ability Score II: Wisdom
    19 Tier4 (2) Inquisition Style: Martial Inquisition
    20 Tier5 (1) Diplomatic Immunity
    21 Tier5 (1) Inquisitor's Path: Vigilante
    22 Tier5 (1) Improved Uncanny Dodge
    23 Tier5 (2) Arresting Assault
    24 Tier5 (2) No Holds Barred
    25 Core ·(1) Undaunted
    26 Tier2 (2) Observation
    27 Core ·(1) Master Inquisitive
    Deepwood Stalker - Points spent: 11
    1 Core ·(1) Far Shot
    2 Tier1 (1) Favored Defense
    3 Tier1 (1) Favored Defense
    4 Tier1 (1) Favored Defense
    5 Tier1 (1) Increased Empathy
    6 Core ·(1) Sneak Attack
    7 Tier2 (2) Survivalist I
    8 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Melee/Ranged Power Boost
    9 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Melee/Ranged Power Boost
    10 Core ·(1) Called Shot: Sniper Shot
    Last edited by Swimms; 07-20-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    Neurik of Argo.

No Evasion until 14... I'd think the delay of some Ranger feats by 1 level would be worth getting that earlier? No?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    No Evasion until 14... I'd think the delay of some Ranger feats by 1 level would be worth getting that earlier? No?
    What would you give up to get evasion earlier? you would have to take arti levels after 12 in order to hit the BAB for IPS at 12. That means you give up the free and extra arti feats until very late and you give up a rune arm with exploding cannon shot for beakables. If it means pushing IPS to level 15 then it is definitely not worth it in my opinion either. Yes evasion is a nice luxury but it is not necessary, the build easily solos r3 as is and it would be painful to level 12-15 without IPS.
    Neurik of Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    ...in order to hit the BAB for IPS at 12...
    Ah, that pesky BAB - yeah, I can see that. Tough choice imo, but the correct one (if maybe not as easy as for you).

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Ah, that pesky BAB - yeah, I can see that. Tough choice imo, but the correct one (if maybe not as easy as for you).
    I just don't notice a big difference with or without evasion quite honestly but I do notice the lack of kill speed not having an AOE attack. Also get the arti spell conjure bolts vs using enhancement points in the inquisitive tree
    Neurik of Argo.

Community Member

Never played an inquisitive build before and saw this and rolled a shadar kai iconic one up and it is the ( ) best thing ever.

I crafted a seeker / deadly heavy crossbow and then an hour later was two pips into 16....this build mows things down, it's so smooth and fun.

Thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevilian View Post
    Never played an inquisitive build before and saw this and rolled a shadar kai iconic one up and it is the ( ) best thing ever.

I crafted a seeker / deadly heavy crossbow and then an hour later was two pips into 16....this build mows things down, it's so smooth and fun.

Thanks for posting this.
    Thanks, glad you are enjoying it. I have used it for just about all of my racials so there is a lot of flexibility. It's more or less a Swiss army knife in terms of utility with top end dps. It is super helpful to fit search into a cannith crafted helmet for example so you can auto detect traps. Saves a ton of time not having to search for traps.

Right now I am running the wisdom based version I posted and I definitely prefer the Int based one until level 15 or so when you can get tier 5 inquisitive and into the upper tiers of falconry. For late heroics wisdom based with falconry is nice but trash in low reaper usually dies before the bird has a chance to attack.
    Neurik of Argo.

Community Member

I can see how the wis version would be tough to level until you get the to damage etc... in later levels.

luckily I did my aasamir racials already but for the rest this is going to be my go to and it's working great for iconics too.

Mind if I ask what type of crossbow you prefer?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast