Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Craftable trinket!

I've been refining my first end game gear set for my rogue mechanic for a long time now, and things have really started to fall into place with the new Leg. Sapphire Ring (once I gather enough mats). But I keep running into Seeker as a problem. I've been stuck wearing my Ring of the Stalker at cap (best epic item ever, by the way). CC goggles seemed the only viable good Seeker solution for me (helm is "taken"). I was staring at the Standard Issue Sigil, which offers a lot of great effects, knowing that it could replace my Leg. Cursebane Focus, but I couldn't see how that helped me given the other named trinkets available. And it FINALLY hit me. A CC trinket! This comes with the massive advantage that, in addition to Seeker 15 and insightful Seeker +7, I can craft on Armor Piercing +23%, which I've been chasing forever and just could not fit in!

I'm so excited to figure this out! Also I'm disappointed that I did not consider it earlier. I think a big part of the reason that I never considered this is that I have no idea what a craftable trinket looks like. So, the $1,000,000 question: how / where do I get a craftable trinket? Can I disjunct any of the named trinkets, or perhaps a 'semi-named' item, like the loot in MoTU that is BtC and can't be fed to sentients?

Thanks for your help.
    Zamsil - L30 VKF Assassin - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zanthiss - L24 Acrobat

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    I've been refining my first end game gear set for my rogue mechanic for a long time now, and things have really started to fall into place with the new Leg. Sapphire Ring (once I gather enough mats). But I keep running into Seeker as a problem. I've been stuck wearing my Ring of the Stalker at cap (best epic item ever, by the way). CC goggles seemed the only viable good Seeker solution for me (helm is "taken"). I was staring at the Standard Issue Sigil, which offers a lot of great effects, knowing that it could replace my Leg. Cursebane Focus, but I couldn't see how that helped me given the other named trinkets available. And it FINALLY hit me. A CC trinket! This comes with the massive advantage that, in addition to Seeker 15 and insightful Seeker +7, I can craft on Armor Piercing +23%, which I've been chasing forever and just could not fit in!

I'm so excited to figure this out! Also I'm disappointed that I did not consider it earlier. I think a big part of the reason that I never considered this is that I have no idea what a craftable trinket looks like. So, the $1,000,000 question: how / where do I get a craftable trinket? Can I disjunct any of the named trinkets, or perhaps a 'semi-named' item, like the loot in MoTU that is BtC and can't be fed to sentients?

Thanks for your help.
    Run Devils Assault. Loot Shard of Power (the Green Steel part). Disjunct it. Level 13 craftable trinket for free.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

You can't deconstruct named items (unless that changed). You can buy a craftable trinket from the DDO store. I think they drop extremely rarely from daily dice (or weekly gold roll) also. I have one that I didn't buy. If it wasn't from a really lucky dice roll, it was from a quest. Either way, I've only ever got the one. I am saving it to make something with when I get high enough CC level.

[Edit] or do what mikarddo said. Maybe that's how I got mine.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Run Devils Assault. Loot Shard of Power (the Green Steel part). Disjunct it. Level 13 craftable trinket for free.
    Yup. Or Shroud... get a basic Shard of Power and end up with a BtA craftable trinket min level 13.

Aside from those and the store (150 points I think), there are the occasional crazy lucky drop (I've never seen one), or equally rare rewards for cookie turn ins during that event.

Personally I am going for:
    https://ddocompendium.com/w/Legendary_Hammerfist
    and
    https://ddocompendium.com/w/Legendar..._Recruit_Sigil

Good Luck!
    Last edited by guzzlr; 05-24-2019 at 07:09 PM.

You can also farm purple coins during the mid-winter Risia fest, and turn those in - craftable trinkets* drop at ~about~ a 3%(?!) rate. (They drop w/ other coins too, but FAR more rarely.) So grab 100 purples (easily done w/ an Iconic farmer), and odds are(!) you'll end up w/ several.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Risia_Ice_G...ing-in_Rewards

o several risia farmer builds

(* @ new(er) Cannith Crafters - If a trinket comes BtC, don't panic - have that character disjunct the trinket, and add a ML 1 BtA shard to it (ML 1 shards can be made at Crafter Level 0), then trade it to your crafter character via your Shared Bank, done. Re-disjunct if you want a higher ML, np.)

Quote Originally Posted by guzzlr View Post
    ... equally rare rewards for cookie turn ins during that event.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    ... craftable trinkets* drop at ~about~ a 3%(?!) rate.
    These do drop during the event but cant be quite that rare or at least some years they have turned it up considerably. I didn't run the last one but one or two ago I did. Im not that person that always claims to have 1000+, I had probably 100-200 purples. I received so many trinkets I was just throwing them away because I had so many they were clogging up my inventory. I have a toon or two that still have a bunch of unused ones from that year.

If you cant wait and really want one now then shards of power or store bought are best bets.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarledmaw View Post
    These do drop during the event but cant be quite that rare or at least some years they have turned it up considerably...
    Well, I emphasized "~about~" - could be 5%, could be a bit more. I dropped several hundred purple and, yeah, likewise got a dozen or so trinkets - but that works out to ~around~ 3-5%, so I feel I'm somewhere in the ballpark. With any tiny %, a few aberrations (un/lucky) can make one person's experience seem way out of wack from that norm.

Shard of power, DDo store or Shan To Kor end reward (rare, but exist. I got 2 this way).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gnarledmaw View Post
    These do drop during the event but cant be quite that rare or at least some years they have turned it up considerably. I didn't run the last one but one or two ago I did. Im not that person that always claims to have 1000+, I had probably 100-200 purples. I received so many trinkets I was just throwing them away because I had so many they were clogging up my inventory. I have a toon or two that still have a bunch of unused ones from that year.

If you cant wait and really want one now then shards of power or store bought are best bets.
    Fair enough. I don't run that event; I give all my coins over to my girlfriend. Last year she did not get a trinket, but I think she only turned in maybe 50 purples? So it's not all that surprising to not get one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by guzzlr View Post
    Fair enough. I don't run that event; I give all my coins over to my girlfriend. Last year she did not get a trinket, but I think she only turned in maybe 50 purples? So it's not all that surprising to not get one.
    I farmed blue coins in Zawabi, I turned in maybe 300 and got one trinket....IIRC it takes 3 blues for a turn-in, so around 1% seems right for blues. Purples could be a higher rate, one would assume.

Still, that event's a long ways away now, so not much use for the OP

Assuming you don't want to wait for the event and it's low trinket drop rate after farming a bunch of purples coins, just run DA a few times and you should get a shard. Note that only the regular shards of power can be crafted into trinkets, the greater shards etc. cannot.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrus View Post
    Shan To Kor end reward (rare, but exist. I got 2 this way).
    That's gotta be VERY rare. Trinkets are in the "random loot" list, and maybe/probably a (very slightly) higher .000X% chance in some of the older quests than others, but readers should not expect that "farming" StK is going to result in a trinket any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I farmed blue coins in Zawabi, I turned in maybe 300 and got one trinket....IIRC it takes 3 blues for a turn-in, so around 1% seems right for blues. Purples could be a higher rate, one would assume.
    Or one could just accept it as fact, established by large data dumps (over 1000's of coins).

And blue are the 2nd tier, 2:1. 300:1 trinket sounds ~about~ right, something (slightly?) less than/around 1%.

Still, that event's a long ways away now, so not much use for the OP
    No doubt, more for completeness for future readers, and for those who don't have access to the other options.

Community Member

Thanks everyone. It sounds like I have a few options. Do any of these options include an augment slot? And the DDO Store version states that you can only have 2 effects on it? Can I assume that I'll still be able to add the extra (third) effect with a Mark of Cannith as with any other disjuncted item?

Thanks again.
    Zanthiss - L24 Acrobat

Community Member

Only random drop trinkets can have augments but they are marked as named items and are not craftable. The DDO store trinkets can take three effects like any other crafted item.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mandelia View Post
    Only random drop trinkets can have augments but they are marked as named items and are not craftable. The DDO store trinkets can take three effects like any other crafted item.
    Thanks. I jumped onto a DA farming tokens and pulled a Shard of Power! I then learned to my sadness that it was a Shard of GREAT Power, and not craftable. Can I possibly trade this one in for a not great one somewhere?
    Zanthiss - L24 Acrobat

Community Member

Slave Lords is also a customizable fill in option. The numbers are a bit better than CC and it has some things that CC doesn't, but CC is easier if you have the materials and crafting levels. But yeah, while CC doesn't give the best numbers at 30, I still use it to fill in things that the named gear doesn't.

And you can't trade a great shard for a shard as far as I know. Save it and make a displacement clicky when you can. Then make some more. Those things are pretty great.
    Last edited by GramercyRiff; 05-25-2019 at 04:50 PM.

I think you can buy them from the ddo store.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Slave Lords is also a customizable fill in option. The numbers are a bit better than CC and it has some things that CC doesn't, but CC is easier if you have the materials and crafting levels. But yeah, while CC doesn't give the best numbers at 30, I still use it to fill in things that the named gear doesn't.

And you can't trade a great shard for a shard as far as I know. Save it and make a displacement clicky when you can. Then make some more. Those things are pretty great.
    Thanks, I do love the flexibility of a ring/trinket item, but Slave Lords crafting is a mountain that I haven't yet started to climb. The mats required to craft one item are really daunting, especially for a 'casual' player. Also, there is no insightful Seeker on Slavers gear as far as I can tell, and AP and Seeker both share the same slot, so it's not an ideal fit for me. Not that I couldnt find other great effects to add, and love the augment potential, but I feel like I won't be able to craft just one Slavers item, and that is really intimidating. I'm not a good grinder.

I've been able to work up to CC Level 278, and have nine months of mats built up too, so I think it's the answer for me. It occurred to me that this setup won't leave me in a good position to take advantage of a minor artifact, and after seeing some of the new filigree sets, I am thinking that would be a mistake. This is why I'm afraid to ever craft, the second I do something happens to make me change my gear again!
    Zanthiss - L24 Acrobat

Community Member

Thanks. I jumped onto a DA farming tokens and pulled a Shard of Power! I then learned to my sadness that it was a Shard of GREAT Power, and not craftable. Can I possibly trade this one in for a not great one somewhere?
    Sorry. Unless things have changed (and I am pretty certain they have not), you cannot swap these buggers out.

Community Member

Thanks, I do love the flexibility of a ring/trinket item, but Slave Lords crafting is a mountain that I haven't yet started to climb. The mats required to craft one item are really daunting, especially for a 'casual' player. Also, there is no insightful Seeker on Slavers gear as far as I can tell, and AP and Seeker both share the same slot, so it's not an ideal fit for me. Not that I couldnt find other great effects to add, and love the augment potential, but I feel like I won't be able to craft just one Slavers item, and that is really intimidating. I'm not a good grinder.

I've been able to work up to CC Level 278, and have nine months of mats built up too, so I think it's the answer for me. It occurred to me that this setup won't leave me in a good position to take advantage of a minor artifact, and after seeing some of the new filigree sets, I am thinking that would be a mistake. This is why I'm afraid to ever craft, the second I do something happens to make me change my gear again!
    I wouldn't ever even bother with Slave Lords then at this point. Just saying it's an option. I personally prefer doing Cannith to fill gaps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast