Community Member

Default epic elyd dissapointment

What a waste. I was hopping my bard songs would be for everyone. It does not, only part of it does. That means no matter what I still have sit there sing my song to everyone in raid or group after every rest or death. Half the time no one wants to wait so I have to run cast my song on them while they are killing everything. DDO need to fix this. when does only one person here a song when everyone is right there. everyone should be able to hear it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiaoto View Post
    What a waste. I was hopping my bard songs would be for everyone. It does not, only part of it does. That means no matter what I still have sit there sing my song to everyone in raid or group after every rest or death. Half the time no one wants to wait so I have to run cast my song on them while they are killing everything. DDO need to fix this. when does only one person here a song when everyone is right there. everyone should be able to hear it.
    What does that have to do with Epic Elyds Edge? Some songs are specifically listed as individual characters, such as the ones that give +4 to an individual skill to a target friend. Its been that way for 12 years. I just looked at my Epic Elyds Egee again and nowhere does it say anything about spells going to everyone? Very misleading post title if your beef is with the songs.There are 9 songs that benefit the whole party and only a couple that target individuals, so again, not seeing what the gripe is about? What am I missing? And yes, I play a bard

Lightbulb

Half the time no one wants to wait so I have to run cast my song on them while they are killing everything. DDO need to fix this.
    Sorry, but... why ? Do you have a person standing behind you, pointing a gun to your head, commanding you to buff everyone ? No ? Then why do you try to catch everyone ?! If they run away from you, they don't need your songs and your buffs. Simple.

And if the answer is 'yes' - this has nothing to do with DDO/SSG, call the police. :-\

PS. What does this have to do with the Elyds Edge ?! O_o

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKernel View Post
    PS. What does this have to do with the Elyds Edge ?! O_o

Because Epic Elyd Edge used to have the ability to make some single target songs into group buffs.

When a bard wielding this item uses Inspire Heroics, Inspire Competence, or Song of Freedom, the effects of the song also apply to allies close to the target. Songs that cannot target the bard playing them will still only target the bard's allies.

This was nerfed and EEE now grants a fairly mediocre Anthem effect.

Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

It still makes Song of Freedom AoE, but the only good use I ever had with that was in CitW Lolth curses 8)

* but I do use as my sentient weapon
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 36pt Elf Fighter12/Monk6/Paladin2. The Kighter
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Can't talk, TR'ing!
    Acrobot, 36pt Gnome Banker/Puppet/Guildeader
    The Adventure Pack(200), Cannith. Join us!

Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Because Epic Elyd Edge used to have the ability to make some single target songs into group buffs.
    That was changed around 7 years ago. So, what a 2019's thread has to do with the Epic Elyd Edge again ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKernel View Post
    That was changed around 7 years ago. So, what a 2019's thread has to do with the Epic Elyd Edge again ?
    Time flies eh? Update 41: The Khorvaire Shipment, released on Wednesday, December 5th, 2018.

My spellsinger makes good use of the Epic Elyd Edge for a bit of extra melee dps. It's the only swashbuckling weapon in the game which uses charisma for attack and damage. (My spellsinger didn't have enough AP for a deeper splash in swashbuckler, but EEE makes a small splash viable.) The positive spellpower on EEE isn't all that bad, if you can't slot it elsewhere.
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

What a waste... Half the time no one wants to wait so I have to run cast my song on them while they are killing everything. DDO need to fix this.
    You want DDO to pay for counseling for zergers in the game? Good luck with that!

Not all Bard sones are "instant". Not all players wait for buffs - many don't have to, and could solo the content. The fact that they are not patient, or wise enough to take all the buffs offered, is not DDO's fault. Try grouping w/ different players.

GL!