Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Slave Lords Crafting, augment toolkit in store.

New gear means gear tetris.
    The customizability of Slave lords crafting is KING here.

But running old content as slavers all over again to Craft 2-3 items is a real pain.

Could we get slave lords augment toolkits in store?
    Alternatively a possibility to overwrite old augment.

Or a option for disjunction on slaver base item (ring,trinket,bracer,boots,belt,necklace) that would clear augments but leave mythic bonus on it?
    Soverain: 24class 35racials 7iconic 35Epic 95RP
    Proud member of Synergia on Argonessen

Simply lower the cost to 100 from 400. This also helps newcomers.
    Danskerne
    Et dansktalende guild på Ghallanda. Send PM, hvis du er interesseret.

Community Member

Yes please to any or all of these suggestions for the bajillionth time.

If gear design for Sharn had been better this would be less of an issue. But since we're still getting items where maybe 2/4 or 3/4 effects are useful, there's foreseeable and unnecessary effect duplication in gear for archetypal builds, and crucial effects like MRR and resistance are either omitted or conflict with item sets, being able to modify Slavers gear is really so overdue.

Adding this would be hugely useful to the community, encourage people into the content who are being put off by the grind, and be a money-maker too. More generally, please stop giving us crafting systems where effects can't be replaced on existing items and materials can't be at least partly recovered.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Community Member

This has been asked many times, and the Devs have said it's too difficult; they would have to recode the Slavers gear from scratch.

I guess they have sold all the Slavers packs they need, so there's no money in it.

Community Member

They will never, ever recode slavers that radically, but now that it is no longer a big deal they could lower the insulting insane grind for making epic pieces rather easily.

Community Member

Default This may sound like a silly question, but...

Do the enchantments in Slave Lords crafted gear automatically increase as you level?

If not, I don't understand the appeal of it. Yeah, it's great to be level 8 wearing gear with level 10 power on it. But, by level 12, it's already falling behind randomly generated loot and even further behind Cannith Crafted gear. The flexibility of being able to customize 5 enchantments is soon outstripped by the inflexibility of the enchantments being of fixed level... Unless, of course, the gear automatically levels with you, in which case it would be awesome, but I suspect this is not the case.

The Legendary Slave Lords Gear, on the other hand, does look like a good investment, being that it's level 28 and the game currently caps out at level 30 for gear (unless you're Cannith Crafting, which allows you to make level 30 gear with up to level 34 enchantments on it).

This has been brought up on the forums or Cordovan has been asked about it on the livestream every time new gear has triggered a gearshuffle.

The answer has always been that not allowing recrafting / reuse of slavers augments and blanks is by design and is not going to change.

So do not expect anything, if we need new slavers items we have to farm ingredients and blanks again and again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    This. the epic costs are way too high. the heroic was ok before the last time they lowered it, when I heard they were lowering slavelord costs thought it would be epic, but they lowered heroic to super easy level leaving epic at grindfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    This. the epic costs are way too high. the heroic was ok before the last time they lowered it, when I heard they were lowering slavelord costs thought it would be epic, but they lowered heroic to super easy level leaving epic at grindfest.
    They could pretty easily up the drop numbers in the quest though.

This. +1
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member

I agree, lowering the cost of the legendary slave lords crafting seems like the best and only solution that doesn't involve massive dev time.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    They could pretty easily up the drop numbers in the quest though.
    The way ddo code is, I'm not sure which would be less work. The way they talk about it... it's likely go to the drop table for every chest for each quest for every difficulty. or go to every recipe, at least the recipes are in one place (probably).

The drops are good, better don't touch em lol better just nerf the recipes to 1/4 of current value, same with lgs

Let's go safe route, dont make en touch loot tables, just recipes, much easier
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

I recently went into slavelords for the 1st time thinking I will build me some gear to help me. Heroic slavelords was super helpful for filling spots I needed. Struggled through 1st quest on EN.got 3 crafting ingredients. Went to check what cost was to craft an item...walked away. I wont do that grind. Ever. I get grinding. In guild wars 1 I have every title but 1. Yes, Im a god walking among mere mortals. So I get grind but its fun grind. This? Never.
    Id like them to lower costs but I also understand that tons of players have grinded for this gear and if they can do it why cant we do it? So no, I think they should leave it how it is. Its gear that somewhat competes with any of the newer sharn or rl but can be made to fill almost any cap you need. IT SHOULD BE HARD TO GET.

Community Member

The difficulty of those quests (packed mobs) and the reported epic drop rates have pretty much kept us from running epic slavers. Every time we say we need to start doing it we change our minds and go do something else. Running it 10-15 times or more just sounds....ugh. We did that on heroic, and we get to zerg the heck out of it there!

I really doubt we ever get to it at the current rates.

Quote Originally Posted by aquavalentin View Post
    New gear means gear tetris.
    The customizability of Slave lords crafting is KING here.

But running old content as slavers all over again to Craft 2-3 items is a real pain.

Could we get slave lords augment toolkits in store?
    Alternatively a possibility to overwrite old augment.

Or a option for disjunction on slaver base item (ring,trinket,bracer,boots,belt,necklace) that would clear augments but leave mythic bonus on it?
    They won't do it. For two major expansions we have shoved slavelords crafting under their noses because their new gear is so weak/badly designer or badly fitting with other pieces.
    Trying to get your bases covered and focussing on your primairy stats is a disaster for 2 years in a row. Even if your playstyle fits with the dev narative, if not, you're stuck with older gear anyway
    Improving slavelords ingredients or crafting is an admission of guilt, having to admit their gear plans aren't working out.

Got one of these?

If not, forget it, the devs forgot about newer players for years, this is why we have so many outdated crafting sytems, most were at what once was considered cap and were given huge numbers required to craft to keep players busy but rarely get lowered after it has been invalidated.
    And thanks to incompetent gear planing&creation, slavelords crafting is still a viable system.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erokir View Post
    Do the enchantments in Slave Lords crafted gear automatically increase as you level?

If not, I don't understand the appeal of it. Yeah, it's great to be level 8 wearing gear with level 10 power on it. But, by level 12, it's already falling behind randomly generated loot and even further behind Cannith Crafted gear. The flexibility of being able to customize 5 enchantments is soon outstripped by the inflexibility of the enchantments being of fixed level... Unless, of course, the gear automatically levels with you, in which case it would be awesome, but I suspect this is not the case.

The Legendary Slave Lords Gear, on the other hand, does look like a good investment, being that it's level 28 and the game currently caps out at level 30 for gear (unless you're Cannith Crafting, which allows you to make level 30 gear with up to level 34 enchantments on it).
    The level 8 gear you can craft is significantly more powerful than level 10 gear. Especially when you start talking about set bonuses. Even if some of the numbers are falling behind in higher levels, the sheer quantity of bonuses you can pile on make it compelling enough for some people to wear to 18(20). I personally switch out at 15, but wearing it for 3 more levels would not be a burden. Another huge advantage of the level 8 gear is that because of its relative longevity, you need far fewer items as you level up. For those of us on the reincarnation train, that means fewer items to stash away each time. That is probably the single most important win of all.

Community Member

I don't think slavers gear is believed to be economically healthy for the game due to its customization and item efficiency producing longevity and creating locked in 100% efficient items. One ends up are making high specific and efficient interdependent item sets with slavers items, which makes one less likely to buy and play new content with new items which would disrupt the interdependent and efficient set. For example, the 60 hours the OP will end up doing to redo slavers.

With the game model we have of micro transactions, it is better if gear flows off and on easier for any slot and isn't so specific and interdependent or efficient. Make everything 1 strong primary ability, 1 weaker insightful/quality/profane weaker ability, and 2 utility/tankyess abilities, and call it a day. Then any given piece of gear flows off and on easier, making future gear and running future content more rewarding.

It is also why you can't have hybrid gear in this game, such as for an AA or druid wolf. The gear would be infrequent due to population size, which would lock you into the available few pieces with 3 primary and secondary abilities and 1 utility/tankyness, and you also wouldn't end up wanting to run the majority of dungeons.

From this point of view, any such expansion of the Slavers or similar system will happen when pigs fly. It's not healthy that you still want to go back and run and gear with slave lords from 3 years ago when you should be wanting to gear and run Sharn or Ravenloft.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 05-24-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Community Member

Been reading up on this thread, how bad is the new loot and content?
    Both my wife and i are on the fence on buying sharn.

After the flimsey and sharn loot debacle (round 1), neither of us have loged in.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by whoolsey View Post
    Been reading up on this thread, how bad is the new loot and content?
    Both my wife and i are on the fence on buying sharn.

After the flimsey and sharn loot debacle (round 1), neither of us have loged in.
    It's good. Had fun running it all. Only annoying thing is tactical detonation spam, which they at least changed to let knockdown immunity work.

Some people just want everything to be 100% customizable so they can make the gear they want and have everything without giving up anything and will never be happy with anything but slavelords.

Slavelords was really bad design and that's why it's still hanging on: fully customizable at top tier (when released) stats is bad design, it means no trade offs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast