Default Inquistive tree vs Mechanic?

Hey guys, thinking of coming back and saw this new tree. I currently play a 30+ life pastlife mechanic and was curious how the inquisitive tree holds up in dps compared to this? What have people been using the new tree for? Was this a way to make artificer more viable? Curious on what people think. Has this tree helped with suriviablity with the end toggle?

Thanks, loved to know because would peek my interest in coming back.

Depends on build of course, but Inquisitive is extremely powerful, I use it to solo epic reaper 1 up to legendary, then LElite in Sharn. The Law damage adds scads of dps, and you can get a capstone when multiclass. It's a really good capstone. You ca still get most of the good stuff from Mech , the Inquisitive T5 and capstone are solid. And it's super fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

My last two life runs have been on the tiefling scoundrel, first life most bard with some rog for mech, this life is actually wiz, was trying to go EK, but ended up going Inquisitive, the displace and energy prot are really nice to help with survivability
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    Depends on build of course, but Inquisitive is extremely powerful, I use it to solo epic reaper 1 up to legendary, then LElite in Sharn. The Law damage adds scads of dps, and you can get a capstone when multiclass. It's a really good capstone. You ca still get most of the good stuff from Mech , the Inquisitive T5 and capstone are solid. And it's super fun.
    I agree with all of this, the real power is being able to take an awesome capstone while being multiclass. This allows you to take classes based on QOL things such as trapping, evasion, free feats and such to accelerate power. This makes it idea for racial TRing and even heroic TRing since it is largely class independent. I even did a barbarian life with zero points in a single class tree (all inquis, racial and harper) and it was still very effective in heroics.

Build I posted can be found here with a video soloing R1 grimm:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...back-requested
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build