Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DDO REAL LIFE EVENT: Build A Home for a Severely Disabled Veteran

DONATE HERE... Every penny is appreciated more than you could ever know.

https://www.myhfotusa.org/tyrspaladium

Three + years in the Making.

Tyrs Paladium guild founders have created a REAL LIFE EVENT to raise funds & awareness for Homes for Our Troops for our 11th Annual Memorial Day Ceremony, the longest in game event in DDO's storied history.

Homes for Our Troops (HFOT) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization building specially adapted, mortgage-free homes nationwide for the most severely injured Veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan.

And we need the help of our friends.

Most of these Veterans have sustained injuries including multiple limb amputations, partial or full paralysis, and/or severe traumatic brain injury (TBI).

These homes restore some of the freedom and independence our Veterans sacrificed while defending our country, and enable them to focus on their family, recovery, and rebuilding their lives.

Since its inception in 2004, nearly 90 cents of every dollar donated to Homes for Our Troops has gone directly to program services for Veterans. HFOT builds these homes where the Veteran chooses to live, and continues its relationship with the Veterans after home delivery to assist them with rebuilding their lives.

One of the greatest gifts we can give to these heroes is a safe & functional place to live. The donations you make will help this important organization. Please consider donating on our OFFICIAL TEAM PAGE which I created here: https://www.myhfotusa.org/tyrspaladium

If you are feeling extra generous, please consider sharing our page with your Real Life network / social media circles.

Thank you from my heart for supporting our efforts to help continue our Homes for Our Troops mission and provide freedom and independence to our nation’s heroes!

*** For Memorial Day, please feel free to DEDICATE your donation to a loved one who was a veteran and no longer with us. Be it a family member or friend.

What is so cool, is on the donation page, you can choose to STAY ANONYMOUS, use your real name, OR USE YOUR DDO CHARACTER or GUILD NAME !!!!!

Sincerely,

LeslieWest_GuitarGod and Paks
    Tyrs Paladium & Ghallanda Fellowship Co-Founders.

PS: We were the FIRST GAMING GUILD to become an official sponsor for HFOT (on 06-07-2017), and the first to raise money for Homes for our Troops. I personally assisted them build an internet presence.

And now we have the first OFFICIAL HFOT TEAM PAGE (for a game guild). I just completed customizing it. It's now set up --- let me know what ya'll think!

Lets do something AMAZING here.. something never done before.

Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 05-23-2019 at 12:20 PM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

What "Homes For Our Troops" actually does.

To you Sgt Toran Gaal ... YES... we are DOING THIS in Tyrs Paladium's and the Ghallanda Fellowship's names, in the greater Dungeons & Dragons Online communities names, in honor of our family & friends who were Veterans and no longer with us for Memorial Day this year! THANK YOU for your sacrifice Sergeant!!! And thank you to those who fought for freedom that are no longer with us. Never forget.

Please help us out if you can.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 05-23-2019 at 10:56 AM.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

This is awesome. I salute the vets and you!

Thank you brother Jerry for starting us off!!!

This was a photo from our VERY FIRST Memorial Day event 11 years ago... God how times flies....

Anyone want to guess where we were standing...

Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 05-23-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Thank you Vorena for your donation.

We are more than halfway into knocking down the 1st 100!

We can do this!

Grey_Wanderer -- thank you so much!

We are up to $85.

Can we get over $100 by the end of this evening?

Regretably I would be supporting our UK Vets but I wish you all the best
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 13, 34, 68. Ozzugly 40, 36, 19, 36, 98. EvilOzz 33, 36, 6, 12, 34. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post
    Regretably I would be supporting our UK Vets but I wish you all the best
    Thank you MistaMagic. We actually reach out to vets worldwide. We are (very) fortunate to have guildies/friends/fam from all over the world that have supported us in the past. If you know of a similar organization in the UK that you could recommend, I know there are some of us that would gladly lend a hand. We are all brothers & sisters. We are all about the humanitarian duty & effort in support of veterans in need.

I very much appreciate the kind words Mista!

Default $200+

Brotha Dafrca THANK YOU so much.

We have in over $200 this evening, at 6:46 PM EDT.

Tyrs Paladium and the DDO community are no joke. And we are not done ... no sir. We are hitting that goal.

I have to bring my son to drum lessons and then it's back on the computer to check the total. So if I don't get to thank you right away, trust, I will shorty.

We just received an anonymous donation of $50. Thank you kindly whoever you are!

Just received an anonymous $120.00 donation. Thank you so much for your generous gift!

Paying it forward when the deed is so imperative is eternally rewarding.

We stand at $375 and are well on our way to our $1,000 goal!

Default In Flanders Field

A Custom video I created in 2016 for our in game Memorial Day Ceremony that year.

"In Flanders Fields" remains to this day one of the most memorable war poems ever written.

Gerald Flemming wrote this beautiful music to the classic words of In Flanders Fields. Gerald is playing guitar and singing the male vocal. Allison Lynn is singing duet with him.

Caliko Kat is playing the keyboards…

I also manage to tell the story of Canada's Vimy Memorial.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 05-24-2019 at 12:51 AM.

Received a donation overnight from Gondadur. Thanks a million!!!

Are you going to bump this for every donation?

I am a disabled Veteran and I don't appreciate the marketing on our behalf on a gaming forum. It doesn't belong in General DDO Discussion.

Drav... one of the greats. Still doing great things. Thanks for as always coming through for Tyrs Paladium and most importantly for a severely injured military family in dire need of an accessible home.

Jumonis has come through with quite a generous donation. Thank you so much good sir. This will truly go a long way.

Thank you Jenn for making a terrific donation.

Paying it forward in action folks!!

Here is a good 7 minute video that goes into some depth on why we are proud to be supporters of this particular non profit. Not something you see much of in gaming circles for sure, but we are grateful for your support for this humanitarian effort.. but as long as there is DDO, we will be here trying to do whatever we can for veterans.

Just received a $20.00 Anonymous donation. Thank you very much. Another day another dollar another veteran off the streets or out of an inaccessible home and into a custom built home suited specifically for that severely disabled veteran!

We are up to $675!!!!!

Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 05-24-2019 at 03:08 PM.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

As an Active Duty service member, thanks for doing this, guys. You rock!
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Thank you Kassi and Xgemina for your contributions tonight!!

We are at $705

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast