Default exploding spiders in sharn

so i have ran this with a level 13 wizard and the first 2 quests in sharn.

very impressed so far, but ran into an issue with what looked like exploding spiders.

they of course killed me and i couldnt drag all the info outta the combat log.

so some questions - (heroic if it matters)

is it fire damage they deal?

do i get a save?

is the save super high?

after that i started paying more attention to my surroundings and kiting them while nuking em

i think i fingered them....

so what is a good stragegy for dealing with them?

just keep kiting or take damage and heal or what?

and this is not a complaint i found them kinda fun
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Community Member

are those the ones which you approach, they start blinking, so you move away quickly and they explode?

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    are those the ones which you approach, they start blinking, so you move away quickly and they explode?
    no the ones i ran into looked liked baby glass siders and when they got close i had a boom and i was -300ish hp down

in welcome to sharn if that helps
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    no the ones i ran into looked liked baby glass siders and when they got close i had a boom and i was -300ish hp down

The enemy crossbow users (can't think of their name) set them as traps during combat. If you walk up to the spider, or let them walk up to you, they explode, a la draconic incarnate energy burst fire, except it also kills the spider.

easiest way to deal with these guys is walk up, then run or wing away, they explode but you aren't next to them when they go off.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    The enemy crossbow users (can't think of their name) set them as traps during combat. If you walk up to the spider, or let them walk up to you, they explode, a la draconic incarnate energy burst fire, except it also kills the spider.

easiest way to deal with these guys is walk up, then run or wing away, they explode but you aren't next to them when they go off.
    They're really slow, so I just kited and blasted away. Kinda tough though, so I'll try out your method in the future
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

are they immune to Web like actual spiders?

That's probably a good way to keep them from closing to blast range - unless you're trying to kill them with fire spells of course....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post

These are the same thing.

Best I have found is just to focus your attention (not your fire) on them when you see them, run by them (maybe a foot away) - don't stop or anything, just run straight by. They will start their explosion animation and blow up.

They are much harder to kill if you try to kill them - you can - but it seems like a waste of time to me.

Probably inform your party members you are doing this. Or get the highest saves toon to do it (so they don't get commanded / detonated down by the spiders)

Community Member

When we started running sharn these "bug bombs" looked like ants with black and white spots on them. They started glowing when they were about to explode. After the last patch I started noticing them as glass spiders.

And it's the trappers that drop them.