Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sharn Crafting Collectible Drop Rates

So I just ran the ENTIRE heroic saga plus a couple of walk ups.

No shield guardian parts No worker drone platings either just what I took in the SAGA end rewards ... so is that WAI? Are we expected to simply grind out the saga 4 or 5 times to craft a stat add?

Just wondering if anyone is seeing reasonable, or even any, drop rates for these. It could be I am incredibly unlucky for sure but even my notorious bad loot luck can't be that brutal if they are supposed to drop reasonably.

**EDIT** SHARN crafting collectable drop rates ... too bad that when you add a thread the title font color blends in REALLY well with the actual field you are typing in. Codo can you fix the thread title for me?

**edit edit** Cordo is awesome! Thanks for the thread name fix bud!
    Last edited by SiliconScout; 06-01-2019 at 08:23 PM.

So I did the Math on what I have, what I need to upgrade my Heroic Ring

Req. Have Need
    Iron Defender Claws 20 1130 0
    Iron Defender Rivets 25 1525 0
    Magefire Cannon Parts 25 1257 0
    Magfire Cannon Cores 20 1451 0
    Shield Guardian Cores 5 10 0
    Shield Guardian Gyroscopes 50 10 40
    Worker Drone Actuators 5 2 3
    Worker Drone Platings 50 1 49

So After finishing the Saga (and taking Gyroscopes and Cores) I need 40 more Gyros, 3 more Actuators and 49 more Platings.

Basically the entire Saga runs I picked up 1 Drone Plating, 3 Actuators.

Please tell me this isn't WAI. The only way to manage this during the life you want to use it would be to buy the ings on the AH.

*blink*
    *blink*

I thought this had been fixed.

Systems Designer

For reference, the drop chance is an even 50% chance to drop anything at all materials-wise, and then from there splits evenly 8 ways into the 8 crafting ingredients. The crafting materials themselves are unbound. As you collect more the totals will even out - it is an even split internally.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    For reference, the drop chance is an even 50% chance to drop anything at all materials-wise, and then from there splits evenly 8 ways into the 8 crafting ingredients. The crafting materials themselves are unbound. As you collect more the totals will even out - it is an even split internally.
    So then the dice Gods have forsaken me today. I opened, I dunno, 40+ chests at least and got 3 ings total.

Whoever you are that got ings in every chest today .. you are welcome.

Thanks Lynnabel, I'll maybe run it again tomorrow and see what it looks like for me.... could be I got other ings for stuff I didn't want to craft and it's closer to the 50%.

I have noticed that some days are better than others, roll-wise. Wouldn't be so bad if it were more transparent. I love to see my Luck stat, for starters..

Community Member

I will probably put some on the AH as I have no interest in collecting more junk that I have little chance of using - I can't be bothered to run 10 story sagas worth to get near to a weapon and item upgrade. The apple should be just out of reach, you shouldn't have to plant the orchard first.

Unfortunately Sharn has destroyed a lot of my enthusiasm to log in and play. Stupid crafting requirements and little chance of getting a minor artefact (unless I spend more money for AS) are just symptomatic of the way the game has been going for some time.

All sing "You've got to grind, grind, grind on that grindstone......"

Community Member

is it 50% on any difficulty or is it different? and is heroic the same as epic/legendary?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by spodey View Post
    is it 50% on any difficulty or is it different? and is heroic the same as epic/legendary?
    I'm curious about this as well.

Any chance we can increase this to 100%. I seem to get 1 part a lot on LE+.

After eight days I just finished putting the main stat on the collective sight goggles. That seemed excessive until I looked at what I needed for my Sharn gear plan. 3 upgrades that are bta and only ever need to be done once unless you want a different stat later. It shouldn't take much longer than it will to get the seven items I need from Sharn(since I can't seem to get Artifacts in the saga reward). In the future you should have tons of mats and be able to craft whenever you need. It will just take a few months to get ahead.

Not that I am against a change.