Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 84
  1. #21
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    Artifacts are dropping like candy from end chests now in appropriate difficulties, if you don't want an artificat that is your choice I guess.
    I suspect the downtime today was to curb that, but we'll see.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  2. #22
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I suspect the downtime today was to curb that, but we'll see.
    Prepare to be pleasantly surprised when you find them literally exactly the same :P

    Seriously, we're not here to ruin your fun. It's not us versus you guys, and we won't and don't do stuff like this. It's going to be okay, I promise - you don't need to worry
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    You only need 25 actuators (the hardest ingredient) to craft on a slot now which is really low. Ingredients drop out of everywhere, if you forgo rerolling chests for specific ingredients you are still getting a buttload from optional chests, end chests,rare chests in slayer area. You also get 10(down from 20) of your choice as a saga reward.

    Artifacts are dropping like candy from end chests now in appropriate difficulties, if you don't want an artificat that is your choice I guess.
    FYI, I'm trying to craft Nearly finished, which I believe requires 55 actuators and shield guardian cores.

    But please do tell me more about artifacts dropping like candy! I had to work to get 5 Elite completions, joining LFMs where and when I could find them, and then spent my 15 shards last night to get a True Elite saga shot at artifacts, but did not have good luck and got no artifacts. For some of us, Legendary Elite completions are a MAJOR challenge. I really hope this change is not more power-gap-increasing "if you're not good enough to run Elite you don't deserve an artifact" thinking. I ran three Sharn quests on LH last night, and did not see an artifact, not that that small of a sample size means anything.
    Zanthiss - Level 30 Rogue Mechanic - Cannith

    I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

  4. #24
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,354

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's going to be okay, I promise - you don't need to worry
    How dare you imply I'm a worry-wart!
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  5. #25
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I think it would be fine if the minimum should be increased. It sucks going through a long quest like Just Business and only getting 1 material, especially if it's of a material you already have enough to make something. Heck, a barter system would be even better, say a 4:1 ratio.
    That would work if people didn't start with several billion of the shared Cannith materials they've obtained over many years of playing House C content. I've compromised by reusing only half and introducing more to prevent the big piles of previously appearing stuff from totally removing the whole system within the first few minutes.

    We'll keep pushing the numbers until people are happy. They're easy to tweak, and ideally we end up somewhere where it's not too egregious. I do want you guys to suffer, but only a little bit :P
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Prepare to be pleasantly surprised when you find them literally exactly the same :P
    Unless they start dropping with min lvls in the low 20s, I'll remain mildly disinterested in the whole Artifact system...they're not much use to all the players currently still deep in the TR cycle.

    I'd really love some 2- or 3-slot Minor Artifacts at ML20, just saying for the future

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    That would work if people didn't start with several billion of the shared Cannith materials they've obtained over many years of playing House C content. I've compromised by reusing only half and introducing more to prevent the big piles of previously appearing stuff from totally removing the whole system within the first few minutes.

    We'll keep pushing the numbers until people are happy. They're easy to tweak, and ideally we end up somewhere where it's not too egregious. I do want you guys to suffer, but only a little bit :P
    My concern with this is that assuming people have a ton of house C ings disadvantages the newer players that may not have run that chain. It’s just not run much anymore. Ideally, a player could run through the entire saga and have enough to make something.
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Honestly, I am glad to say I will save money and save it for my kid... at least Legos do not change overnight so that the pieces don't fit together anymore..

  8. #28
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    My concern with this is that assuming people have a ton of house C ings disadvantages the newer players that may not have run that chain.
    That's why the crafting requires equal amounts of both, even though there is disproportionately more of the House C stuff and it can be acquired in alternate methods
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    That's why the crafting requires equal amounts of both, even though there is disproportionately more of the House C stuff and it can be acquired in alternate methods
    Gonna preface this by saying I don't have sharn yet.

    Maybe have the newer mats drop slightly more often, say 60/40 split? That way you if you have lots of the older mats, you can craft slightly faster, or trade with those who have farmed more recently and have more new mats. Or allow trade-ins at 2 or 3 to 1 among new mats and, separately, among old mats. Not allowing old for new or vice versa, but letting you fill in some missing mats if you get unlucky in the random draw.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Who do you talk to and where to upgrade nearly finished items.

  11. #31
    Community Member Feralthyrtiaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBlaze View Post
    Who do you talk to and where to upgrade nearly finished items.
    Cliffside Docks District. You can see the access point in the Sharn public zone map.
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature". Mokune (Guild Leader of Pandora's Box on Khyber), Iquitz, Returning, Thaumat, Ketzerisch, Xhiron, Koanoak et al...

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I suspect the downtime today was to curb that, but we'll see.
    Aelonwy, could you possibly clarify what the other poster meant by 'appropriate difficulties' for me? I'm asking you because I know you're knowledgeable and very active here, and by the response you gave you seem to know something about this new end chest artifact drop rate. I really just want to know so that I don't labor under the false hope that I'm going to have a reasonable chance to see an artifact in an end chest on LH difficulty. If I have to run LE to have a decent shot at an artifact, let alone having artifacts 'dropping like candy', it's much better for me to know this ahead of time.

    Thanks!

    EDIT: I just saw that another poster pulled an artifact on Normal difficulty last night. Yes!
    Last edited by 0ldschool; 05-23-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    Zanthiss - Level 30 Rogue Mechanic - Cannith

    I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

  13. #33
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    Aelonwy, could you possibly clarify what the other poster meant by 'appropriate difficulties' for me? I'm asking you because I know you're knowledgeable and very active here, and by the response you gave you seem to know something about this new end chest artifact drop rate. I really just want to know so that I don't labor under the false hope that I'm going to have a reasonable chance to see an artifact in an end chest on LH difficulty. If I have to run LE to have a decent shot at an artifact, let alone having artifacts 'dropping like candy', it's much better for me to know this ahead of time.

    Thanks!
    I'm not sure I'm the best possible person to answer you. I do not run the difficulties the game is currently pushing people toward (by giving the most benefits/advantages). I run heroic elite, EH/LH and have dipped my toes in heroic Reaper uhm maybe 6 times, and EE/LE... less than a dozen times in the last 4 years.

    If you are referring to this quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    Artifacts are dropping like candy from end chests now in appropriate difficulties, if you don't want an artificat that is your choice I guess.
    I believe this person is referring to LE or even LR1 where I have heard people are getting an artifact in full groups quite often, exact numbers I do not have as I don't run with them. However I ran 14 sharn quests yesterday on LH duo-ing with my hubby and we saw just one. It happened to be the perfect one for hubby's con-based dwarf and happily he was playing him at that moment. The day before I happened to get a Wis one with deadly and accuracy on my only warlock, while hubby was running his EK wiz. It really didn't fit either of us so it was abit of a let down on the first artifact drop ever. But two drops in roughly 28-30 quests on LH is a decent drop rate IMHO. On the other hand its going to take a significant amount of time to get the right one on the right character. And I play 14 characters. *le sigh*
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  14. #34
    Community Member Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,078

    Default Minor artifact drop rates

    I did 2 laps last night of the Shar series. (Part 1 and part 2) First run was LH solo. No artifacts in any of the 9 end chests. And of course with only a hard saga reward, none in the saga reward list. (which I was assuming to not get any there)

    Second series was in a full group on R1. I recall seeing 5-6 artifacts between the 9 end chests. Now this was a full group. And in the group, there were players passing them, offering up, need before greed style. I passed on all, (looking for only 2 types) and ended up getting one of the two I wanted in the last chest. True delete saga reward, and no artifact choices that run. :????

    Of course my example over yesterday is a very small sample size as to what the actual drop rates could be. I do tell you this with intention of saying that grouping is the way to go. Since these artifacts are pretty specific as far as attributes and you can only equip one at a time, I find it hard to believe that everyone that you will group with will keep every single one they loot simply because they know they won't be using them.

    This is also why I feel they should remain BTC on acquire. Since these are raid level gear and what I think is some of the best single item pieces of equipment we've ever seen, the only way to really increase your chances of finding them in quest is by grouping and having more shots in the chest then going solo.

    -Bunk
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

  15. #35
    Community Member ZJEPane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Warren PA
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Must spread more rep before giving it to Lynn again. Story of my life. Having all this info laid out is really helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    Cliffside Docks District. You can see the access point in the Sharn public zone map.
    I just found it by jumping off of the upper area and falling for like 20 minutes
    Caralie Carlin of Ghallanda
    "Hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word."
    -- Sir Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms


  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Somwehere where there is LOTS of rakija.
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Tell you what - I'll increase the materials drops a little next patch. I'm still wary of flooding the market, but I can go a little higher.
    I don't think you need to worry about market flooding, at least on Sarlona.

    Materials for "usable" crafting (YMMW) are VERY rarely seen on market (I'm talking platinum, AS one has them more often but still not "flood" often<- actually not even close to "flood")

    It would actually be nice to see some good old price competition, because as it is, situations where there are multiple same materials on market are very rarely seen (both plat and AS)
    Last edited by Drunkendex; 05-23-2019 at 04:43 PM.

  17. #37
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Tell you what - I'll increase the materials drops a little next patch. I'm still wary of flooding the market, but I can go a little higher.
    Personally I'm ok with current drop rates. The sheer amount of chests (at minimum 2 per quest, best is 6) makes it alright. I've already made a weapon and have stuff to do a nearly finished upgrade as well.

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I'm not sure I'm the best possible person to answer you. I do not run the difficulties the game is currently pushing people toward (by giving the most benefits/advantages). I run heroic elite, EH/LH and have dipped my toes in heroic Reaper uhm maybe 6 times, and EE/LE... less than a dozen times in the last 4 years.

    If you are referring to this quote:



    I believe this person is referring to LE or even LR1 where I have heard people are getting an artifact in full groups quite often, exact numbers I do not have as I don't run with them. However I ran 14 sharn quests yesterday on LH duo-ing with my hubby and we saw just one. It happened to be the perfect one for hubby's con-based dwarf and happily he was playing him at that moment. The day before I happened to get a Wis one with deadly and accuracy on my only warlock, while hubby was running his EK wiz. It really didn't fit either of us so it was abit of a let down on the first artifact drop ever. But two drops in roughly 28-30 quests on LH is a decent drop rate IMHO. On the other hand its going to take a significant amount of time to get the right one on the right character. And I play 14 characters. *le sigh*
    I am actually encouraged that you saw 2 on LH difficulty. Thanks for letting me know.
    Zanthiss - Level 30 Rogue Mechanic - Cannith

    I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    I do tell you this with intention of saying that grouping is the way to go. Since these artifacts are pretty specific as far as attributes and you can only equip one at a time, I find it hard to believe that everyone that you will group with will keep every single one they loot simply because they know they won't be using them.
    Thanks, and I agree with you about grouping. My play time (9 PM+ pacific) means that grouping / LFMs are very limited (at least on Cannith), and often I only see one or two total. But I did get lucky with Sharn quests the past few nights, presumably because everyone is running them, which let me get to 5 Elite completions for the saga. I also do throw up my own LFMs while soloing and have had fun doing that, but running on LH doesn't get a lot of takers (again, this could be a time zone thing). I'll be looking for some LE LFMs tonight in Sharn. Thanks again
    Zanthiss - Level 30 Rogue Mechanic - Cannith

    I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    I don't think you need to worry about market flooding, at least on Sarlona.

    Materials for "usable" crafting (YMMW) are VERY rarely seen on market (I'm talking platinum, AS one has them more often but still not "flood" often<- actually not even close to "flood")

    It would actually be nice to see some good old price competition, because as it is, situations where there are multiple same materials on market are very rarely seen (both plat and AS)
    Same on Cannith. There is no current flood of important crafting mats on the ASAH, nor has there been in the 9 months I've been playing. It's a trickle at best, and they are very costly. And basically none ever on the plat AH. The Sharn mats are so time consuming to acquire that I can't imagine anyone selling them on the AH, for fear of not having enough for that next Sharn weapon or Nearly Finished item.
    Zanthiss - Level 30 Rogue Mechanic - Cannith

    I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload