Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    I was just looking at the new gear today. I get the impression that ability scores and PRR will need to be sacrificed for a Sharn set.

It is not clearly obvious that a Sharn set is better than an RL set, at least to me in my limited time looking at it. And perhaps that is a good thing.
    I think you'll need a lot more of a re-gear than swapping one set; on my tank if I swap from Adherent's + Knight of the Shadows (9 RL, 3 Cannith Crafted, 1 LGS) to just Guardian of the Gates (6 Sharn, 5 RL, 1 CC, 2 LGS) I gain:

• 5 Con
    • 13 Wis (incidental, grabbing for spell points)
    • 6 Saves (7 vs spells)
    • 84 Healamp
    • 336 Devotion
    • 31 Healing Lore
    • 8 Dodge
    • 12 Fortification
    • 20 PRR
    • 46 MRR
    • 11 Intimidate
    • 53% Electric Absorption (for KT)
    • 30% Fire Absorption & 50 Fire Resist (for THTH & FoTP)

At the cost of:

• -76 Vitality/False Life (and 5 Con = 75 HP alongside better Brilliance/ST)

I'd say with a lot of re-gearing, Sharn has better stats etc so if you can make a coherent gearset it comes out ahead. I could bump Cha a little more, but I valued the Devotion bonus a bit more so that's that. Also I almost have an empty trinket slot so that's nice.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

So I've been going through my gear:

PRR breakdown:

EPL's divine x4 = 12
    PDK x3 = 9
    Tome = 2
    Epic DR = 10
    Heavy Armor Combatant = 6
    Frenzied Toughness = 10
    Heavy armor w/ BAB 24 = 48
    Legendary Enforcers Plate = 54
    Legendary Bracers of Fallen Hero = 12
    Prowess = +5
    Filgrees = +10
    Bloodrage = +30
    Mythic = +3

Total = 211

So it seems everything's fine.

IDK i distinctly recall hitting 260 ish prr right after getting my bloodrage charm from a rune trade in last week before the patch then playing around with gear and blitz to hit 300 prr and seeing that 75% damage mitigation, never hit prr of that level before so it was a milestone for me... Maybe it was a display bug, or some odd filigree stacking glitch like one of the posters put on here or Im going insane, either way my head hurts and I'll just take things as they are I suppose

Community Member

I have now lost 3 prr from standing in the marketplace lol,

same gear as first picture. Sorry about weapon blocking gear was just doing the math again on all the filigrees, gears the exact same however.

But wait! I took off all my gear and put it back on and now we back to 211, so at the very least i think somethings up with filigree stacking

Community Member

There is for sure something up with filigree stacking. I was not getting cha from filigree in artifact, but was getting set bonus. I did not have cha from that set( eye )on weapon but did from another set (otto).

Quote Originally Posted by SemanticMirage View Post
    I have now lost 3 prr from standing in the marketplace lol,
    Could be a ES Warlock nearby? Or one of the Bard AoE buffs? I'm not very up-to-date on all of those lol. Ironskin is 2/4/6 though, so probably not that one. Or a nearby frog for +2 lol.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    I think you'll need a lot more of a re-gear than swapping one set; on my tank if I swap from Adherent's + Knight of the Shadows (9 RL, 3 Cannith Crafted, 1 LGS) to just Guardian of the Gates (6 Sharn, 5 RL, 1 CC, 2 LGS) I gain:

• 5 Con
    • 13 Wis (incidental, grabbing for spell points)
    • 6 Saves (7 vs spells)
    • 84 Healamp
    • 336 Devotion
    • 31 Healing Lore
    • 8 Dodge
    • 12 Fortification
    • 20 PRR
    • 46 MRR
    • 11 Intimidate
    • 53% Electric Absorption (for KT)
    • 30% Fire Absorption & 50 Fire Resist (for THTH & FoTP)

At the cost of:

• -76 Vitality/False Life (and 5 Con = 75 HP alongside better Brilliance/ST)

I'd say with a lot of re-gearing, Sharn has better stats etc so if you can make a coherent gearset it comes out ahead. I could bump Cha a little more, but I valued the Devotion bonus a bit more so that's that. Also I almost have an empty trinket slot so that's nice.
    I think that Guardian of the Gates is one of very few sets that provides PRR/MRR bonus. For the vast majority of them, no bonus is provided. In my particular case for a rogue mechanic & the Wallwatch set, I would have to lose the Crumbling gloves and insightful PRR 24 (not to mention insight DEX 9 and qual INT 4). I'm not saying that it is not possible to recover this, but it appears to me that this Sharn set will likely result in a lower PRR for me unless I make big sacrifices elsewhere. Arjen's post is specific to rogue, I think you see exactly what I'm seeing.

I am also in arjen's frame of mind. I'm thinking of getting Celestial Sapphire Ring as a CON/Dodge replacement for the Mantle of Fury, getting the huge bonus of adding Improved Deception, and then slotting the Shadowhail cloak for Avenger and just calling it a day, at least for now.
    Zanthiss, L30 Mechanic - Cannith

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member

Could be a ES Warlock nearby? Or one of the Bard AoE buffs? I'm not very up-to-date on all of those lol. Ironskin is 2/4/6 though, so probably not that one. Or a nearby frog for +2 lol.
    I'm almost certain its a filigree problem, I lost 3 PRR and 2 MRR thats exactly what a rare prr filigree gives, besides I broke down 211 PRR exactly... I also have 211 70 in the first screenshot when there's no one nearby.

Edit: It is definetly a filigree problem, I have replicated the incident.

This is right when I log in, 208 PRR 68 MRR

Taking off the artifact and sentient weapon:

Putting the two items back on 211 PRR 70 MRR

So I guess what I've discovered from this thread is take off ur sentient weapons and artifacts and put em back on after login or some filigree bonuses will not apply
    Last edited by SemanticMirage; 05-22-2019 at 04:16 PM.

I think that Guardian of the Gates is one of very few sets that provides PRR/MRR bonus. For the vast majority of them, no bonus is provided.
    I mean if you're comparing to Ravenloft, only Knight of the Shadows provides PRR/MRR (and it's the comparable set). Beacon of Magic provides MRR, but so does Esoteric Initiate from Sharn (MRR cap, but that's what matters to cloth builds), and RL's Crypt Raider & Silent Avenger don't provide PRR/MRR at all. Adherent's provides PRR, but it's a 5-piece set kinda separate from the 3-piece discussion (and you can probably still fit it with a 3-piece Sharn set if you want).

Tank set is almost directly a PRR/MRR upgrade (15/30 vs 20/20), Caster set is fairly comparable (+20 max vs +20 max & 10 flat if you're not overcapped already), DPS sets don't give any, and there's no comparable 5-piece set to Adherent's.

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by SemanticMirage View Post
    So I guess what I've discovered from this thread is take off ur sentient weapons and artifacts and put em back on after login or some filigree bonuses will not apply
    Also if you have 50 PRR/MRR for free, don't question it :P
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

Also if you have 50 PRR/MRR for free, don't question it :P
    Ha! Apparently :P Just enjoy it when I can

Community Member

I mean if you're comparing to Ravenloft, only Knight of the Shadows provides PRR/MRR (and it's the comparable set). Beacon of Magic provides MRR, but so does Esoteric Initiate from Sharn (MRR cap, but that's what matters to cloth builds), and RL's Crypt Raider & Silent Avenger don't provide PRR/MRR at all. Adherent's provides PRR, but it's a 5-piece set kinda separate from the 3-piece discussion (and you can probably still fit it with a 3-piece Sharn set if you want).

Tank set is almost directly a PRR/MRR upgrade (15/30 vs 20/20), Caster set is fairly comparable (+20 max vs +20 max & 10 flat if you're not overcapped already), DPS sets don't give any, and there's no comparable 5-piece set to Adherent's.

What am I missing?
    Fair enough, I'm still pretty new around here so I won't claim to know any better. Perhaps my perspective is limited to the Adherents set and breaking it for the Wallwatch set. In that particular case, there is significant PRR hit.

There is one non-set Sharn item with insightful Sheltering, the Leg. Silver Dragonscale Capelet, along with a few insightful PRR items like the Ruby Ring, so maybe it's not as bad as I thought.

EDIT: Nope, the Ruby Ring lost insightful PRR somewhere along the way after Loot preview #3. Ghostly took its place. Bummer
    Last edited by 0ldschool; 05-22-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Community Member

I just noticed that the OP looted the Leg. Celestial Sapphire Ring in their screenshot. So jealous!!

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Klericules View Post
    Seems you're missing the very important aspect that at least op & myself changed absolutely no gear between the higher & lower PRR.
    I myself was looking over character sheet just before logging out pre-patch, and when logging in post-patch I noticed the loss in PRR within minutes.
    Actually OP did the math and his prr matched expected results. If there is an issue you should able to itemize it and find the source by swapping gear slots until you find the discrepancy. If you post your expected (itemized) vs. actual PRR we can help you.

Community Member

Default Buggy

I've seen this a lot with AC, PRR, MRR, Saves, Skills and other things.
    I tried to open and close windows (character and inventory). Sometimes that fixes it but rarely.
    Sometimes unequipping and equipping gear fixes it.
    If that doesn't work change ED and change it back.
    I've seen this for a few years now. I also have it multiple times on stream.
    I would guess it's an ED thing because that seems to always work.
    Hope this helps.

Fair enough, I'm still pretty new around here so I won't claim to know any better. Perhaps my perspective is limited to the Adherents set and breaking it for the Wallwatch set. In that particular case, there is significant PRR hit.

There is one non-set Sharn item with insightful Sheltering, the Leg. Silver Dragonscale Capelet, along with a few insightful PRR items like the Ruby Ring, so maybe it's not as bad as I thought.
    Could you swap other gearpieces to get the Adherent's set back? Assuming you had Silent Avenger + Adherent's, and you swapped to Wallwatch, you're trading Cloak/Waist for Head/Gloves (both require armor) so you could swap in an Adherent's Cloak/Waist to maintain the set. Not counting offhand options, Adherent's goes into 9 slots, only one of which is used for Wallwatch (gloves). Shuffle stuff around so you don't end up wasting an item or two just for the set bonus, and you're good to go

If all you had was the Adherent's set, it's not really a fair comparison; you're dropping a "universal bonus" set for a DPS set, so it seems fair that you'll be losing some defensive stats for more offensive ones. If you have Adherent's + Silent Avenger, then you're 8-slots for 8, just a little more complex because they're not exactly the same slots.

As far as Insightful PRR/MRR, I generally end up with it on Cannith Crafted pieces (18 @ML34). It's not hugely common, and that way I can get it on a useful item. Mysterious Cloak seems fairly solid as well, depending on what you need.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12