Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Default Druid jaws of winter DC bug

    DC to ice mobs with jaws of winter (winter wolf form) seems broken since U42.

    Race: iconic thiefling
    Full druid L15 atm

    DC showed in mouseover: 24

    Description of DC: Stun vs Fortitude DC: 10 + Druid level + Highest of Wisdom, Dexterity, or Strength + Stun Bonuses

    Str 55: +22
    Base: +10
    Druid levels: +15
    Ship buff: +1
    Items bonus, stunning (enhancement + insight): +12
    Reaper: +2

    Total: 62

    The bonus does not work, when pumping + str or equipping my stun item, nothing changes.

    Takedown seems to have the same bug, has 19 DC compared to Go for the kill which has 67 DC.
    Last edited by Damian; 05-20-2019 at 07:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    225

    Default

    The good news is that it's "only" a display bug--trust me, your actual DC is much higher (ditto for Takedown). The bad news is you have to do the math yourself since they can't be bothered to fix the display despite it being bug reported and noted in the "Hey Lyn" thread repeatedly.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
    The good news is that it's "only" a display bug--trust me, your actual DC is much higher (ditto for Takedown). The bad news is you have to do the math yourself since they can't be bothered to fix the display despite it being bug reported and noted in the "Hey Lyn" thread repeatedly.
    thank you for the info.

    I did a lot of reaper dungeons on my bard and could constantly ice mobs at 60+ DC at L16ish. With jaws, over 60DC and it lands 2% of the time so I think it might be more than a display bug.

    I agree that takedown does land a lot though so that one might just be a display bug.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Took a quick look and found this recent (Feb 2019) thread that might help explain it:

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...jaws+of+winter

    Main point, it needs to be a sneak attack--how are you creating that condition? Was there a change to how Baiting Bite works in U42?

    I can confirm that the Takedown DC is just a tooltip bug.

  5. #5
    Community Member voxson5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
    Took a quick look and found this recent (Feb 2019) thread that might help explain it:

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...jaws+of+winter

    Main point, it needs to be a sneak attack--how are you creating that condition? Was there a change to how Baiting Bite works in U42?

    I can confirm that the Takedown DC is just a tooltip bug.

    Baiting can open target to SA on failed save.

    Wolf kills too quick just use jaws for the temp hp whenever off timer

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Baiting can open target to SA on failed save.

    Wolf kills too quick just use jaws for the temp hp whenever off timer
    That is what i am starting to do as well...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload