Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thank you very much.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Learning the raid is only possible if people run it. I don't see anyone on argo running it, and if they do it's locked behind closed doors and they're not letting anyone else in.
    People aren't running it because they've largely become complacent and actively skirt challenges. The solution? Complain on the forums about its difficulty.

Snarky response aside, the developers have already mentioned that they're keeping a close eye on it, and if it turns out that it is too much of a challenge I'm sure they'll do something about it. I, for one, want absolutely nothing about it to change. It's stupid hard, and that's just how I like it. It is a tier 4, legendary, end-game raid after all. Expect a challenge. Besides, people have already been completing Normal consistently, and some have even completed Hard. It's only been out a few days. Give it a while.

I only hope that the second raid to release in Sharn is even more difficult. Finally we have some end-game content that takes end-game-ready characters.
    "There are so many people running around and so many LFMs that it actually doesn't feel like a single player game." - Some guy on HCL

Also what the live servers would be like with server merges or cross-server grouping.

Community Member

We are still very much in the learning phase right now but my view is THTH on normal seems too difficult to be enjoyed by the game's wider community.

The game has multiple difficulty settings and right now I cannot envisage PUGs or even less dedicated guild/channel groups being able to complete it at all. With a strong core of people to coordinate a group and carry weaker players that may happen in time. Or then again it may not.

So perhaps the question is, should this raid even on its easiest setting remain essentially off limits to players who are less able and/or less well socially connected in game? What would the point of that be when there's a spectrum of different difficulty settings to cater for people wanting greater challenge and reward?

It'll be interesting to see what happens next but there's a real possibility this becomes dead content for much of the community. The current difficulty is not an insurmountable problem for me personally since I get to raid with some of my server's best players but it kind of sucks for a lot of other people I know.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blerkington; 05-21-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Please leave the raid as it is on live now.

People are already completing on hard, and as time goes then more and more will learn it, gear for it and develop tactics to complete. The difficulty is just fine.

I remember a time when new raids took weeks and months before the first completion, and people thought it was awesome. Now there is a group that is very active on these forums that think they should be able to easily complete everything on elite or reaper first day it is live. Unfortunately they have been listened to too much. Please stop catering to them, and let challenging content be challenging.
    I have not played any raids from the last few years at all - by the time I'm remotely ready to play one of them, everyone is done with them. So I agree with Dragavon, I'd rather folk had to slow down and think about it. And that the reward system meant they had an incentive to keep running it so I can at least play it *once*! Ideally its a 'make something pretty cool in half a dozen runs or make something fantastically awesome if you run it week in week out for months' type affair, so casuals at least have a reason to want to run it when they can instead of just for sightseeing.
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 05-22-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123