Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Did you look into sentient toolkits dropping in sharn?
    They already do, I got a toolkit this morning before the downtime from second sharn chain, wasn't even an end chest

Quote Originally Posted by Pendraagon View Post
    Feel free to craft or buy proper gear for the raid. encorage others to do the same
    I regularly CC and heal R10's and reaper raids on my spellsinger bard, mate. I have the gear. The raid is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    Any non-monk caster can use full plate/docent for full MRR, monk can use Nistul set for add 40 MRR to cap. Here always workaround present. Of course, if you have some knowledge... 8)
    Any non-monk caster that spends all the feats and AP required for heavy/medium armor is taking a good chunk away from their spellcasting and DC capabilities (the only exception being warforged, which seem to be golden on this front). The sets in this expansion have f*cked over casters, once again: forcing DC/arcane casters to play in robes if they want the esoteric set (forcing them to use the mystic defense filigree set, which reduces their DC's, too) or be forced to spend AP on things that don't really help their build to get medium armor and maybe use one of the other caster sets (the druid and divine sets). And, nobody was more screwed over in this expansion than light-armored warlocks and bards, who are, once again, flat-out denied their basic class feature (armored caster) if they want to use the caster set (esoteric) for the sake of keeping sorcerers and wizards in check.

So, it's either spend AP, filigree, and/or feats on things you don't need for your build to get magic defenses for game mechanics that are deliberately screwing you over, hunker down and use a robed set that practically halves your magic defenses in an expansion where magic damage is very, very severe, or keep using a slavers set and coming out with the same DC total (or higher). It's not even a choice, at this point.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Community Manager

Couple of release notes slipped out of the version posted yesterday, now added:

• Nearly Finished Crafting now has appropriate upgrading costs.
    • The Shards of Mechanus Filigree set now has an appropriate drop rate.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    Any non-monk caster can use full plate/docent for full MRR, monk can use Nistul set for add 40 MRR to cap. Here always workaround present. Of course, if you have some knowledge... 8)
    You haven't done the raid, have you?

90 MRR is laughable in 2HTH. You will die in it with a 90 MRR as surely as you would die in it with a 50 MRR.

It is BEYOND annoying the Devs completely nullify a major class feature of Monks like they do. A +106 Reflex Save is completely useless in several current raids. I won't be playing my Monk in this new raid for the foreseeable future.

The punitive nature of this raid is NOT fun for melee Monks. It sucks.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Couple of release notes slipped out of the version posted yesterday, now added:

• Nearly Finished Crafting now has appropriate upgrading costs.
    • The Shards of Mechanus Filigree set now has an appropriate drop rate.
    are we back up and live ALREADY, or not down YET?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    You haven't done the raid, have you?

90 MRR is laughable in 2HTH. You will die in it with a 90 MRR as surely as you would die in it with a 50 MRR.

It is BEYOND annoying the Devs completely nullify a major class feature of Monks like they do. A +106 Reflex Save is completely useless in several current raids. I won't be playing my Monk in this new raid for the foreseeable future.

The punitive nature of this raid is NOT fun for melee Monks. It sucks.
    It's not fun, period, let alone just for monks. The forgewraiths can't reliably be CC'd and there's only a few instakills that work on them, let alone the fact that they use some extremely damaging aoe attacks that can knock out half the party in just a few moments (which sucks because most of the party is going to be gathered in one spot being healed while the puzzlers do their job). Then you have the puzzles, which can be eventually learned quickly and they become little more than a nuisance. However, if the puzzles aren't done, the fire DoT stacks up absurdly fast and deals a ridiculous amounts of damage even on normal. On top of that you have the ruinous skulls mucking about, instakilling monks and robed casters with their massive evil damage. For anyone with under 200 MRR, this is a absolute nightmare of a raid, and the vast majority of players and builds aren't going to have over 100~130 MRR. Fire sheathe and fire absorption only go so far.

I really do try to reserve criticism for when it's needed -- and I know the devs work a lot on this game and they love it -- but this is not good work and it's not well-designed, especially in relation to the loot/sets.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post
    It's being successfully completed. I don't think any action should be taken until players have the opportunity to properly strategize and adapt to its specific challenges - if at all. I'm just glad that we finally have some true, end-game content. I hope the second raid is just as hard, if not harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisheng View Post
    Two questions remain regarding the missing lines:

1. Is the raid being toned down?

2. Will end chests also have a small chance to drop artifacts?

I am enjoying Sharn, thanks for all the devs work!
    We have been keeping a close eye on the community's feedback regarding the difficulty of the new raid, and have done data work to look at completion numbers and difficulty, and we are generally feeling positive about the state of the raid at the moment. We are continuing to listen to your feedback, though, and will endeavor to find the right difficulty balance if needed. We are also waiting a bit to see how things go as players learn the raid and gear themselves up with expansion items.

Yes, end chests in Sharn now have a small chance to drop Minor Artifacts. This may also have not made it into the release notes posted yesterday, but I will double check in a sec.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Also, the game worlds have reopened.
    Join us on Twitch!

Out of the full list of ten, the treasure list picks one, and then picks two more times from the same pool independently for a total of three choices. These can/will overlap (for example, it's entirely possible you'll get artifact 1, 3, and then 3; or artifact 4, 4, and 4) but you'll always get a total of three to choose from - assuming you roll onto that drop rate table.

In the patch, but not the notes - there are a few other missing lines that we'll correct for you guys soon.
    Just turned in both sagas following the update and neither dropped a single artefact, only batches of mats, guild renown and skill tomes, you guys did test this as working then?

Community Member

We have been keeping a close eye on the community's feedback regarding the difficulty of the new raid, and have done data work to look at completion numbers and difficulty, and we are generally feeling positive about the state of the raid at the moment. We are continuing to listen to your feedback, though, and will endeavor to find the right difficulty balance if needed. We are also waiting a bit to see how things go as players learn the raid and gear themselves up with expansion items.
    It's a lot of fun to finally have such a technical challenge for end-game. I really like the raid, and I very much hope that it's not made any easier. I hope that players will instead work hard to complete the task as it currently stands, as some have already been demonstrating (I know Hard has now been successfully completed, and I'm sure Elite isn't too far off). Right now it's a true accomplishment to complete it, just like the good ol' days - I pray that doesn't change.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.

Yes, end chests in Sharn now have a small chance to drop Minor Artifacts. This may also have not made it into the release notes posted yesterday, but I will double check in a sec.
    Please leave the raid as it is on live now.

People are already completing on hard, and as time goes then more and more will learn it, gear for it and develop tactics to complete. The difficulty is just fine.

I remember a time when new raids took weeks and months before the first completion, and people thought it was awesome. Now there is a group that is very active on these forums that think they should be able to easily complete everything on elite or reaper first day it is live. Unfortunately they have been listened to too much. Please stop catering to them, and let challenging content be challenging.

Community Member

We have been keeping a close eye on the community's feedback regarding the difficulty of the new raid, and have done data work to look at completion numbers and difficulty, and we are generally feeling positive about the state of the raid at the moment. We are continuing to listen to your feedback, though, and will endeavor to find the right difficulty balance if needed.
    You need a metric other than the noisiest people on the forums. Something objective.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    You need a metric other than the noisiest people on the forums. Something objective.
    In this particular case, our decision making is based not just on community feedback but also an internal look at how many completions have been done per server per difficulty.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Please leave the raid as it is on live now.

People are already completing on hard, and as time goes then more and more will learn it, gear for it and develop tactics to complete. The difficulty is just fine.

I remember a time when new raids took weeks and months before the first completion, and people thought it was awesome. Now there is a group that is very active on these forums that think they should be able to easily complete everything on elite or reaper first day it is live. Unfortunately they have been listened to too much. Please stop catering to them, and let challenging content be challenging.
    It must be nice to even run the raid. I haven't seen a single raid LFM up for it on argo. You know why? People either keep it in-guild or they don't run it. You know why? It's just about the least pug-able raid in the game due to its difficulty. Randomly pugging this raid without anyone even remotely knowing it and it's going to be doomed to failure due to the raid's mechanics. You know why? Because nobody is running it because they're keeping it in-guild and not sharing any information from what I can see.

This expansion has been a complete hair-puller, for me, and I'm starting to regret even purchasing it. All of this shiny new gear and I can't make use of any of it because of the raid and how poorly-designed the loot sets are. I can't even begin to play loot tetris with anything until I get certain things from the raid. At this point I'm really losing interest in even playing the game.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    People are already completing on hard,
    I foresee that at one point people will likely exclusively completing it on hard - PUGs won't find any group doing it at lower difficulties.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    This expansion has been a complete hair-puller, for me, and I'm starting to regret even purchasing it. All of this shiny new gear and I can't make use of any of it because of the raid and how poorly-designed the loot sets are. I can't even begin to play loot tetris with anything until I get certain things from the raid. At this point I'm really losing interest in even playing the game.
    The first pieces of raid loot I wanted was boots, goggles, armour and bracers from Von 6. It took me about a year to get them all, and by then I did not even want them anymore. I do not see what the problem is.

Getting raid loot should be challenging and require some effort.

It's not fun, period, let alone just for monks. The forgewraiths can't reliably be CC'd and there's only a few instakills that work on them, let alone the fact that they use some extremely damaging aoe attacks that can knock out half the party in just a few moments (which sucks because most of the party is going to be gathered in one spot being healed while the puzzlers do their job). Then you have the puzzles, which can be eventually learned quickly and they become little more than a nuisance. However, if the puzzles aren't done, the fire DoT stacks up absurdly fast and deals a ridiculous amounts of damage even on normal. On top of that you have the ruinous skulls mucking about, instakilling monks and robed casters with their massive evil damage. For anyone with under 200 MRR, this is a absolute nightmare of a raid, and the vast majority of players and builds aren't going to have over 100~130 MRR. Fire sheathe and fire absorption only go so far.

I really do try to reserve criticism for when it's needed -- and I know the devs work a lot on this game and they love it -- but this is not good work and it's not well-designed, especially in relation to the loot/sets.
    This is just not true...any of it really. In our completions I would garner to say only the tank had over 200 MRR. The fire dots are manageable if you do what you're supposed to. We had 3 monks in our completions....needless to say it is possible. There are multiple methods and options for CC'ing and insta killing the forgewraiths. My suggestion for you is to take more time to learn the raid before yelling for it to be changed.
    ZERG
    Whynnd | Xantroos | Cyridven | Justys

Quote Originally Posted by kain741 View Post
    This is just not true...any of it really. In our completions I would garner to say only the tank had over 200 MRR. The fire dots are manageable if you do what you're supposed to. We had 3 monks in our completions....needless to say it is possible. There are multiple methods and options for CC'ing and insta killing the forgewraiths. My suggestion for you is to take more time to learn the raid before yelling for it to be changed.
    I ran it on lammania, three times, with a full raid group of fully-geared, multi-completionist, good group (at least four of which had reaper wings) with excellent healers. It was hell. We completed it twice on normal, and we tried it once on reaper 1. The reaper run, I got one shot for well over 2k evil damage from an unavoidable skull that shot towards me: I was capped at 100 MRR, I can't imagine how some robed wizard or monk with 50-90 MRR is going to enjoy that.

Learning the raid is only possible if people run it. I don't see anyone on argo running it, and if they do it's locked behind closed doors and they're not letting anyone else in. And for that matter, the wiki doesn't even have the proper information on it, yet. Nobody plays it, nobody learns.

CC'ing the forgewraiths requires:
    - freezing it (rare breed of bard, these days)
    - a necromancy caster to use halt undead and get very lucky with people damaging it (which is necessary, so this is unreliable, at best)
    - a teifling bard's arpeggio with flesh to stone enhancement (I don't think normal flesh to stone works and this probably isn't WAI anyway)
    - short-lived, long cooldown tentacles from a warlock (I'm not even sure these work on them)
    CC'ing them wouldn't be so necessary if there's good dps to kill them quickly. The problem is many spawn at a time, and if there's no good communication (yay pugs!) then they become immune to CC and are much harder to kill. Keeping in mind the DoT is going to be ramping up during this time, making them harder to kill as it is.

As for instakilling, implosion and undeath to death works; that's all I can think of.

It must be nice to always have the exact builds required to run your raids. You must live a charmed life.
    Last edited by HastyPudding; 05-21-2019 at 12:53 PM.

I ran it on lammania, three times, with a full raid group of fully-geared, multi-completionist, good group (at least four of which had reaper wings) with excellent healers. It was hell. We completed it twice on normal, and we tried it once on reaper 1. The reaper run, I got one shot for well over 2k evil damage from an unavoidable skull that shot towards me: I was capped at 100 MRR, I can't imagine how some robed wizard or monk with 50-90 MRR is going to enjoy that.

Learning the raid is only possible if people run it. I don't see anyone on argo running it, and if they do it's locked behind closed doors and they're not letting anyone else in. And for that matter, the wiki doesn't even have the proper information on it, yet. Nobody plays it, nobody learns.

CC'ing the forgewraiths requires:
    - freezing it (rare breed of bard, these days)
    - a necromancy caster to use halt undead and get very lucky with people damaging it (which is necessary, so this is unreliable, at best)
    - a teifling bard's arpeggio with flesh to stone enhancement (I don't think normal flesh to stone works and this probably isn't WAI anyway)
    - short-lived, long cooldown tentacles from a warlock (I'm not even sure these work on them)
    CC'ing them wouldn't be so necessary if there's good dps to kill them quickly. The problem is many spawn at a time, and if there's no good communication (yay pugs!) then they become immune to CC and are much harder to kill. Keeping in mind the DoT is going to be ramping up during this time, making them harder to kill as it is.

As for instakilling, implosion and undeath to death works; that's all I can think of.

It must be nice to always have the exact builds required to run your raids. You must live a charmed life.
    Again, I repeat...the dots don't ramp up if you're doing what you're supposed to. I would like to add that you missed many different types of CC that work well...keep brainstorming and experimenting. After all, that is what should happen within the first week a raid is on live...you don't have to have all the answers on day one. For the record, you missed many instakills that work too.
    ZERG
    Whynnd | Xantroos | Cyridven | Justys

Quote Originally Posted by kain741 View Post
    For the record, you missed many instakills that work too.
    Sunburst works (insta-kill) on the skulls, for example.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Hi Welcome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast