Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2 runs through the Sharn Saga chain on R5 and no artifacts on the saga list

2 runs through the Sharn Saga chain on R5 and no artifacts on the saga list

are sagas broken or just scrappy drop chance for artifacts.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post

They’re not guaranteed atm; I did the saga twice and only got an artifact on one of them. I believe that the devs are looking to fix this in the next patch and it should always drop 3 random artifacts.
    Afunkymunky/Drkivorkian, Helter Skelter on Ghallanda

Epic Ring of Spell Storing--https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...+spell+storing

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus2011 View Post
    They’re not guaranteed atm; I did the saga twice and only got an artifact on one of them. I believe that the devs are looking to fix this in the next patch and it should always drop 3 random artifacts.
    Not quite. If you'll allow me to quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hey, all! We've been reading your feedback pretty avidly, I've got a small update for you to keep you guys in the loop. Next patch (currently targeting next week, but things can always change!), you can expect the following changes:

Each end chest in Sharn will have a small chance to drop one of the Minor Artifacts available in the Masterminds of Sharn Expansion Pack. This is an independent chance than your chance to find Named Loot, but will still be affected by Ransack penalties. The Saga will continue to have a chance to drop 3 Artifacts, but it will randomly determine which three are available (this is done via 3 independent rolls, so it may show you more than one of the same Artifact, but it will always show three total).

Hope you guys have a wonderful Thursday, and thanks for your feedback
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Time to change out your dice.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Bounty Hunter

There was a 25% chance of no drop after 2 runs. I had that on one of my characters. If you want the charisma/dex/wisdom ring try and get another saga before the next patch (those are the only 3 choices that appear currently), if you want something else bank your saga until the patch.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

My Saga end reward gave the the option of choosing three selections of artifacts, 2 of them were repeats of the same artifact.

ANyhow, this upcoming fix won't also cover the missing filigree will it?

Somewhere in the depths of the minds who can see it.

quit whining. isn't that your motto?? no one is allowed to cry but you? it's literally your typical response to everything everyone posts when they disagree with something you do not. so back at ya. I know of a few friends who have done this 4x on higher reapers who finally got theirs. if you spent more time working for it, as opposed to crying about it, you may have one now. js.
    Proud leader of The Forgotten Creed of Argo. long live PNP & Gary Gygax immortalized.
    Main: Magnusss Arcanum of Argonnessen

Community Member

4 runs of saga and 0 artefacts. so much for 50% chance.
    I am in hurry because once they make new patch, good luck (heh) getting your charisma items.

Community Member

Can you post please what Sky attunement does?
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legend..._the_Azure_Sky

With my luck i wont get it, but at least i will know. Oh and its part of +Wis set, though its Sorc item (= Fire elemental form in our capstone).

Also, why tanky dps set has +Int on it, but not +Cha? Wizards can tank and Sorcs shouldnt be able, a bit unsure why.

ahahhahhahhaha you don't know pain at all.

took me 8 full saga runs to get a list with artifacts in it. the whole channel cheered when I finally got it. To go 7 runs in a row without artifacts was very discouraging (a 1/128 chance) and I rage quit for a full 5 hours, logged back after that and did one more run where everyone brought mains for a pitty r1 run for me. was fully ransacked on all chests so 0 named drops, one guildy got a reaper stat tank hat the run before tho, that was sweet.

overall great expansion, too bad i cant equip any of the new gear till I get everything cause sets, stat crafting borked and whatnot and recrafting greensteel/slavers and all that
    khyber server:
    Sahanna DC based raid healing fvs
    Shanayney TR hamster wheel

I've done five sagas and only three had artifacts: and those three had the exact same artifacts in it (a wisdom one, two identical dex ones, and a charisma one).
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by -D_Rock- View Post
    quit whining. isn't that your motto?? no one is allowed to cry but you? it's literally your typical response to everything everyone posts when they disagree with something you do not. so back at ya. I know of a few friends who have done this 4x on higher reapers who finally got theirs. if you spent more time working for it, as opposed to crying about it, you may have one now. js.
    Chill dude, wasn't a whiner post just lookin for clarity on artifact drops, so you can crawl back under your hate rock.
    Its a forum, people are allowed to communicate without being attacked personally, maybe you need to take a step back and time out before attacking other forum posters.

~

Didn't make much sense to see people getting a choice of 4 artifacts while others were getting no artifacts at all after successive runs.

Finally got a choice of 4 on my 4th run (WIS, CHA, and 2 DEX ones were identical),, anyone see any other choices drop?
    Last edited by JOTMON; 05-19-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    Jotmon -
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Default Saga

First saga turn-in on NORMAL, I had 4 show up, (2 were the same), I took the Dex one. Reaper is irrelevant for Saga reward chance.
    Two of my group got the standard XP option and crafting stuff, so I'm guessing it's like any other chance for a named to show up.

Community Member

How about Developers instead of supposed 50% (on True elite) just add 100% on 2nd run?

This way you dont bash people who do 4 or even 8 runs of saga with no item at all.

p.s. You can do 100 runs of saga with 0 artefact. 101 run of saga will have 50% chance to get item or not. Other 100 runs _do _not influence your success in any way. It is still 50% even if you did 100 runs already with no reward.

Quote Originally Posted by DRoark View Post
    First saga turn-in on NORMAL, I had 4 show up, (2 were the same), I took the Dex one. Reaper is irrelevant for Saga reward chance.
    Two of my group got the standard XP option and crafting stuff, so I'm guessing it's like any other chance for a named to show up.
    It matters, True Elite is all Elite or higher is 50% chance...Running Normal/hard is only 25% chance.

This is WAI - as stated in the loot previews, a selection of the Artifacts are available in the Elite/True Elite Saga rewards for the main saga at a 25%/50% chance.
    Jotmon -

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper1 View Post
    4 runs of saga and 0 artefacts. so much for 50% chance.
    What is it with the failed education system today?

50% chance does not mean an artifact every other run. It means you have a 1 in 2 chance (50%) to miss it each run, whiich is a 1 in 4 to miss it in 2 runs, a 1 in 8 for 3 runs, and a 1 in 16 for 4 runs. So you are that unlucky 1 in 16 - sucks, but it has to happen to someone.

Gee math is hard.

That said, yeah, it would be nice to have a "every third run" mechanic, or something. B/c being that 1 in 128 (or worse) is really asking a lot of that unlucky few. (Whether they understand the math or not.)

Systems Designer

It matters, True Elite is all Elite or higher is 50% chance...Running Normal/hard is only 25% chance.
    For clarity, Legendary Normal and Legendary Hard have a 0% chance, Legendary Elite has a 25% chance, and Legendary True Elite has 50%. These drop rates are not changing with the next patch; however, we are introducing a global across-Sharn Artifact drop rate, and changing the sagas from dropping the same three Artifacts to dropping 3 of the 10 randomly (assuming you make the 25%/50% roll). I go into more detail about this in a different thread that I believe was linked in this thread already.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Somewhere in the depths of the minds who can see it.

Chill dude, wasn't a whiner post just lookin for clarity on artifact drops, so you can crawl back under your hate rock.
    Its a forum, people are allowed to communicate without being attacked personally, maybe you need to take a step back and time out before attacking other forum posters.

~

Didn't make much sense to see people getting a choice of 4 artifacts while others were getting no artifacts at all after successive runs.

Finally got a choice of 4 on my 4th run (WIS, CHA, and 2 DEX ones were identical),, anyone see any other choices drop?
    Oh im very chill no worries. always am. In all seriousness just wanted to give you a taste of your own meds. I call it how I see it. They stated its a 50% drop rate already. you've been playing long enough to know that 95% on heal scrolls can still get bad rolls to see 4 fails in a row though. so its not a confirmation post.

2nd: remember your own words here. its a forum where those can state things without being attacked. its amusing that you do this constantly to everyone who doesn't agree with you all the time, but when u get a taste of your own meds *its attacking me!!! crawl under your rock your not allowed to state opinions on forums!!!* so yes, remember your own words next time you attack some one sir.

also I never said I didn't agree. its math. its dice. its % rolls. I've seen a few do 4 chain runs in a row before they seen theirs. math is funny some times. its a game. big whoop
    Proud leader of The Forgotten Creed of Argo. long live PNP & Gary Gygax immortalized.
    Main: Magnusss Arcanum of Argonnessen

For clarity, Legendary Normal and Legendary Hard have a 0% chance, Legendary Elite has a 25% chance, and Legendary True Elite has 50%. These drop rates are not changing with the next patch; however, we are introducing a global across-Sharn Artifact drop rate, and changing the sagas from dropping the same three Artifacts to dropping 3 of the 10 randomly (assuming you make the 25%/50% roll). I go into more detail about this in a different thread that I believe was linked in this thread already.
    Thanks for the clarity.
    Jotmon -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast