So I went in with:

195prr
    100MRR
    112 reflex save and improved evasion
    Energy sheath fire
    scroll of fire shield
    51 fire resist
    displacement

On EN I was still being hit with fire damage for 190-390 points of damage per hit.

What else should I try?
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post

What else should I try?
    EC?

(Joking. Sounds intense, tho. I haven't been in there yet.)
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member

Orcish Privateer's Boots? Crabshell Shield?

Community Member

So I went in with:

195prr
    100MRR
    112 reflex save and improved evasion
    Energy sheath fire
    scroll of fire shield
    51 fire resist
    displacement

On EN I was still being hit with fire damage for 190-390 points of damage per hit.

What else should I try?
    What fire absorb item were you wearing?
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    What fire absorb item were you wearing?
    I'm not. Does that stack with energy sheath?
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Community Member

I'm not. Does that stack with energy sheath?
    yup
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

So I went in with:

Energy sheath fire
    scroll of fire shield
    Throw out the scrolls

Casting any Fire Shield or Energy Sheath spell will dispel any Fire Shield or Energy Sheath that is currently affecting you.

So I went in with:

Energy sheath fire
    scroll of fire shield
    51 fire resist

What else should I try?
    As others have mentioned, casting fire shield dispels Energy Sheath and vice versa. Getting a fire absorption item will help, it stacks with Energy Sheath/Fire Shield. I'd stick with Energy Sheath and toss the scrolls.

Were you casting the right Fire Shield spell? If you were to cast Energy Sheath then the wrong Fire Shield spell, that could've been your issue. I've seen people make this mistake before. Fire Shield (Fire) gives COLD reduction. Fire Shield (Cold) gives FIRE reduction. You may have dispelled your Energy Sheath (Fire) and gave yourself cold reduction with Fire Shield (Fire).

I remember years ago someone scrolling Fire Shield (Fire) in an EE Thunder Peaks raid... it didn't end well for him. lol

Woah, thats still a lot.

CC has 38% absorption and 57+28 resist to a single element. (trinket, ring)

We cant/wont play the raid until it is puggable on EN.

Hopefully the 2nd raid will be more accessible on EN. It can be as hard as impossible from EH++;
    Last edited by janave; 05-18-2019 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    yup
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Throw out the scrolls

Casting any Fire Shield or Energy Sheath spell will dispel any Fire Shield or Energy Sheath that is currently affecting you.
    I was pondering that later. Thanks for the confirmation.

Bounty Hunter

I started watching gingerspyce twitch channel a week or so ago and he suggested waiting until the patch. I am going to follow that advice. I recommend that twitch channel it's informative and quite funny at times due to the party member sense of humor.

They tried several times on LN and failed. Raiding on "Normal" should not be an extreme challenge for a group of 12. I am not sure why SSG thinks making raids PUG unfriendly makes it fun. Raids should be designed for enjoyment by the majority of the community on normal difficulty. If anything, step it up more on reaper to make it an extreme challenge - NOT NORMAL.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I started watching gingerspyce twitch channel a week or so ago and he suggested waiting until the patch. I am going to follow that advice. I recommend that twitch channel it's informative and quite funny at times due to the party member sense of humor.

They tried several times on LN and failed. Raiding on "Normal" should not be an extreme challenge for a group of 12. I am not sure why SSG thinks making raids PUG unfriendly makes it fun. Raids should be designed for enjoyment by the majority of the community on normal difficulty. If anything, step it up more on reaper to make it an extreme challenge - NOT NORMAL.
    Thelanis finally got around to it last night. Pug group that tried three times. First run wiped in second boss phase. Second run we got him to ~30%. Last run got him to under 5%. We agreed that if just had more negative prr debuff we would have beat it. Party didn't have a lot of it though. I don't think it needs patched yet. Once strategy gets better and people get better geared with Sharn loot normal should be fine. I believe developing the strategy is harder than other raids but that the raid itself isn't that much harder.

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Thelanis finally got around to it last night. Pug group that tried three times. First run wiped in second boss phase. Second run we got him to ~30%. Last run got him to under 5%. We agreed that if just had more negative prr debuff we would have beat it. Party didn't have a lot of it though. I don't think it needs patched yet. Once strategy gets better and people get better geared with Sharn loot normal should be fine. I believe developing the strategy is harder than other raids but that the raid itself isn't that much harder.
    12 people that regularly run R5 shouldn't fail on LN because of difficulty. Something is wrong. LN is the difficulty you run to learn the raid on a more forgiving and less rewarding difficulty. It's not intended to be the extreme challenge difficulty.

12 people that regularly run R5 shouldn't fail on LN because of difficulty. Something is wrong. LN is the difficulty you run to learn the raid on a more forgiving and less rewarding difficulty. It's not intended to be the extreme challenge difficulty.
    Is there a video link for their attempts?

Bounty Hunter

Is there a video link for their attempts?
    you can search vooduspyce on twitch to find the videos if they are posted. They were live streaming - not sure if they put the wipes in the video section but you can check.

Community Member

I for one am glad that the raid is actually challenging instead of just being able to rolfstomp it day one on reaper.
    Afunkymunky/Drkivorkian, Helter Skelter on Ghallanda

Epic Ring of Spell Storing--https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...+spell+storing

Community Member

What else should I try?
    Maybe this? I dunno I haven't tried or seen raid, but I used something similar to ignore fireballs in FoTP when it first came out.

Bard 2.0 11 druid, 6 warlock, 3 rogue

Aasimar fallen for 20% vulnerability, plate and MRR defensive stance from druid 200 MRR

Main hand a sentient melting weapon for -10 prr/mrr
    Offhand LGS dust for -35 prr
    Use ooze flask (mechanic T3) for -8 prr/mrr
    use consume-taint the aura for -10 prr/mrr
    Twist blood and radiance + rebuke foe for warlock aura for 25% physical vulnerability
    Use new sentient set for -10 prr/mrr

Twist Block Energy + Block Energy past life, for 30% and 30% reduced damage from fire, since druids can attack in animal form while blocking (it is their shield bash).

Then fire shield or energy sheath.

Then fire absorb % item.

Plate 200 MRR will reduce damage to 1/3, then 1/2 for fire shield, then 1/2 for % reduction item, then 1/2h for blocking, so 2k fire damage will net hit you for 80 or so, or half the temp hit points from the warlock aura, and you will be effectively totally immune to fire damage, more or less.

You will kindof be like a bard that self heals and stays alive, but instead of buffing the groups damage by 10% you will buff it by over 100%.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 05-19-2019 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Maybe this? I dunno I haven't tried or seen raid, but I used something similar to ignore fireballs in FoTP when it first came out.

Bard 2.0 11 druid, 6 warlock, 3 rogue

Aasimar fallen for 20% vulnerability, plate and MRR defensive stance from druid 200 MRR

Main hand a sentient melting weapon for -10 prr/mrr
    Offhand LGS dust for -35 prr
    Use ooze flask (mechanic T3) for -8 prr/mrr
    use consume-taint the aura for -10 prr/mrr
    Twist blood and radiance + rebuke foe for warlock aura for 25% physical vulnerability
    Use new sentient set for -10 prr/mrr
    I've not gotten that far, but these seem like good ideas for working on the bosses in there with very high PRR.

Though, I am hoping that the raid does not require everyone to reroll into one specific build.

Also twist Block Energy, and use Block Energy past life, for 30% and 30% reduced damage from fire, since druids can attack in animal form while blocking (it is their shield bash).

Then fire shield or energy sheath.

Then fire absorb % item.
    Energy Sheath and a fire absorb item are good ideas.

As I am currently an assassin, block energy would remove my dps, so I'm not sure how to work that in. Unless there is a tell for the attacks, but they just seem constant, so I'm not sure on that.

Again, hoping its not a requirement to be a specific build to play the raid.

Plate 200 MRR will reduce damage to 1/3, then 1/2 for fire shield, then 1/2 for % reduction item, then 1/2 for blocking, so 2k fire damage will net hit you for 80 or so, or half the temp hit points from the warlock aura, and you will be effectively totally immune to fire damage, more or less.

You will kindof be like a bard that self heals and stays alive, but instead of buffing the groups damage by 10% you will buff it by over 100%.
    Improved evasion -50% on save
    energy sheath -50% of that = 25%
    100 MRR -50% of that - 12.5%
    privateer boots -30% of that = 8.75%
    So a 2000 point hit would be 175 points of fire damage on a FAILED save.

Again, I don't intend to question the build you are suggesting. I'm sure it works great. I'm just hoping for ways to make my build (and other builds) capable of doing the raid.

Its still early as well. Time to learn how to do it before succumbing to "doom".

I believe they've mentioned somewhere the raid does more damage than they intended. Not sure what that means, whether it be the DoT or the Forgewraiths... or whatever else.

We completed the next night twice. Wasn't a pug group, btw, mostly guild. Bolded most important thing. Oh, and I pulled a Fetters.

https://pasteboard.co/IfsjpEz.jpg
    https://pasteboard.co/IfsmuN8.jpg

Worth noting that they don't seem to function with Weapon Glamers.

Also worth noting that I like how INTENSE this raid is. Take the ~1hr your typical Baba/Strahd/etc run takes, and condense it into 20 min. I hope toning the damage down doesn't change that, its wicked.
    Last edited by ThreadNecromancer; 05-19-2019 at 02:04 PM.