Community Member

Default More than 1,000 Hit Points Everywhere

I took a little more than a year off from playing the game. When I last played, you didn't see very many PCs with more than 1,000 hit points. At one point, I had a character with 1200 hp, and even in a raid group, there might be maybe 1 or 2 others that were comparable.

Now I'm seeing characters with more than 1k HP all over the place, some even in the 2k, and not just in Reaper content.

So clearly, something happened that I missed. I'm assuming it's a gear thing of some sort?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by OfElectricMen View Post
    I took a little more than a year off from playing the game. When I last played, you didn't see very many PCs with more than 1,000 hit points. At one point, I had a character with 1200 hp, and even in a raid group, there might be maybe 1 or 2 others that were comparable.

Now I'm seeing characters with more than 1k HP all over the place, some even in the 2k, and not just in Reaper content.

So clearly, something happened that I missed. I'm assuming it's a gear thing of some sort?

Thanks.
    yeah, there might have been a bit of power creep.

Community Member

You are probably seeing epic defensive fighting, new autogrant feat at level 21.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    You are probably seeing epic defensive fighting, new autogrant feat at level 21.
    Neat-o. I didn't know that was a thing, but I see it on my character sheet now.

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    yeah, there might have been a bit of power creep.
    This ^

Players like seeing BIG numbers and developers seem unable to design gear where +19/+20 Enhancement was "End of the road" so this year we get +21 Enhancement. Not sure where the absurdity will end.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

Note that if you use it it hammers all your spell range down to touch range and sets ranged power to zero. That includes any spell that can take metas. There are a few things you can do at long range with it on. This has big implications for cross healing. Of course consecrate ground/sacred ground doesn't care, as its zero range aoe.

Unfortunately high hps are needed outside of normal. You can get hit with multiple, incurable dots instantly doing 400++++++++++ a tick in LH. Now add reaper in and it quickly turns into several thousand a tick and hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuulified View Post
    Unfortunately high hps are needed outside of normal. You can get hit with multiple, incurable dots instantly doing 400++++++++++ a tick in LH. Now add reaper in and it quickly turns into several thousand a tick and hit.
    Where are you getting nailed for 400/tic at on LH?
    Nvm, raid from memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OfElectricMen View Post

Thanks.
    I saw 7000+ hp tank.

Outside of Reaper.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    This ^

Players like seeing BIG numbers and developers seem unable to design gear where +19/+20 Enhancement was "End of the road" so this year we get +21 Enhancement. Not sure where the absurdity will end.
    What I'm wondering is how long until they have to do a graphics/font rework because the numbers will be so long they won't be completely visible in the UI.

Community Member

A couple of the stronger tempests I see regularly are sitting at 2k or just below outside of reaper. It'll only go up with the new gear from Sharn.

One of the few good things about this bloat is it might encourage more melees to turn EDF off again. It will be nice to return to a more cooperative approach for healing in PUGs.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber