Thread: Skaldic Scream

Community Member

Default Skaldic Scream

I just switched over my bard to max out warchanter cores for Sharn. Last night while using skaldic scream, the baddies there would turn icy, but not freeze in place. They still roamed around and did damage.

Any others seeing this?

Side note: Cooldown is too long for this ability.

Yup. White icy things attacking. Not the Night King.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MacDubh View Post
    Yup. White icy things attacking. Not the Night King.
    Heh @ the Night King.

Not "Heh" at the ability not working. That is incredibly frustrating. Help Lyn?!?

Community Member

Used it in "No Refunds" and things seems to freeze correctly.

Community Member

Default more...

Oozes with the Oitytoity-ugggh in Blown Deadline turned icy but still moved and attacked.

Community Member

Will do more checking today, but I don't think it's dealing any damage.

Casting time is too long, the duration is too short, and it tends to randomly fire in any ol' direction if there's lag involved.

(there's always lag involved)

Community Member

I've never used this ability, so I'm not entirely sure how it works, but is there any chance that your DC isn't high enough to freeze everything and that's why some things freeze and some don't?

According to the wiki, enemies have to fail a save to freeze, but it should still slow them even if they aren't frozen. Maybe this is what you're seeing?
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

When deals damage but fails to freeze it turns blue - ish as if it was frozen but can still move.

The issue with that enhancement besides its 1min CD is that it tends to face downwards limiting its range.Works better without a target, not worth at all.

Community Member

Yeah, I sorted this out last night. (Sorry my reading comprehension was borken)

I think the reason I was seeing no damage was a combination of the cone dirt diving, and evasion of some mobs.

While I'm able to freeze most things on Leg elite/reaper1 with attacks, my Scream DC must just suck. Most of the time it ices them (giving them DR, but not helpless) for a few seconds (6?) then they all spin around and come for me and I begin the Happy Dance Song. Rarely it freezes them (maybe 20% of the time) and then they come for me 6 seconds later.

Issues:
    Casting time too long
    DC too low compared to other Bard abilities
    Cooldown too long
    Aiming the cone is...challenging. I'd rather having it a centered AEO like Dire Charge, or a chain effect! Oh yeah... Chain!

Right now it is a core ability that gives 2 Chr, 2 Con, and 25hp. Pretty poor.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by guzzlr View Post
    Yeah, I sorted this out last night. (Sorry my reading comprehension was borken)

I think the reason I was seeing no damage was a combination of the cone dirt diving, and evasion of some mobs.

While I'm able to freeze most things on Leg elite/reaper1 with attacks, my Scream DC must just suck. Most of the time it ices them (giving them DR, but not helpless) for a few seconds (6?) then they all spin around and come for me and I begin the Happy Dance Song. Rarely it freezes them (maybe 20% of the time) and then they come for me 6 seconds later.

Issues:
    Casting time too long
    DC too low compared to other Bard abilities
    Cooldown too long
    Aiming the cone is...challenging. I'd rather having it a centered AEO like Dire Charge, or a chain effect! Oh yeah... Chain!

Right now it is a core ability that gives 2 Chr, 2 Con, and 25hp. Pretty poor.
    I agree it's horrible as a capstone. I don't know if devs ever look at the class forums or not though. :-(
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Community Member

I'm betting on Lynnabel. Wouldn't bet against her, frankly.