Community Member

Default Pulled the platinum knuckles today..

well, I was hoping they would be ok, but base damage is very similar to level 10 barovian RL handwraps. So, aside from giving up a glove slot, which is terrible in and of itself, these are wraps I will never wear. Anybody else pull them and have similar experience? Kind of a waste if you ask me

Nico

Community Member

what about the CC? could that be useful?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    what about the CC? could that be useful?
    I haven't seen much in the way of CC from these things. In fact, I cant even tell if even provide CC. My first punch is always stunning fist, then WWA, then kill, then QP. I flipped between these and the RL wraps multiple times between while running Sharn with my guildies and the results were negligible at best.

The problem with doing that is when you flip, you automatically drop your Gloves. these things have 9% Doublestrike and I think 8 seeker (don't quote me on seeker), which I think is there "reason" for making you drop the gloves. This is not so much a problem in heroics for me, but I could see a major problem in epics. Here is my reason. I use my triple Positive Greensteel wraps to get my temp +1000 HPs for a minute, then I flip to Duality. If I were to use my triple+ then flip to level 29 Platinum, I would lose my very important glove slot at end game, during a quest.

Anyway, if you get them, let me know your impression. I am curious what others say.

Community Member

Ok, I have run with these a little more and they are slowly growing on me. I have turned some enemies to platinum, which is kinda cool. They aren't as bad as I alluded to above.

Default Wraps

I tried them, turned them into gem food. Losing the extra slots isn't worth the similar DPS, and an occasional CC that's subpar to a stun.

Making the only gear-limited piece in the game, monk only, is just a kick in the teeth. We still remember the core nerf, kobold never forgets.