Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Good luck crafting nearly finished.

In a month or two casuals may have enough actuators to unlock 1 item slot.
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    In a month or two casuals may have enough actuators to unlock 1 item slot.
    Or in a week or two when they fix it in a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    WOW, yeah, there's absolutely an order of magnitude problem happening here (an extra 0 or two in a few places, looks like, my mistake). We'll kick the recipes to where they should be (it'll be a very large reduction) for an upcoming patch - I've gotta flip a few other things around for the general flow as well.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Or in a week or two when they fix it in a patch.
    Nearly Finished has nothing to do with Syrian weapons, which Lynn was addressing in that thread.
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Community Member

My quick math was 400 shield guardian cores and 800 worker drone actuators to upgrade the Ruby Ring, along with 200 each of four other ingredients. The Stabilizing Compound recipe requiring 5 Dampening Alloys is where things really get crazy. I've run 7 quests and have 4 actuators and zero cores. It is quite discouraging, and I really hope that my math is wrong.
    Zanthiss - Level 30 Rogue Mechanic - Cannith

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member

I had a look at the crafting, shook my head and then walked away.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    Likewise.

Yet another crafting to ignore.
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    Oh, come on. Slave Lords was a monumental success for 4 months. That is all they really care about. How long they can keep you on the "hamster wheel." I still grimace at the thought of farming a single item and players famed a complete set of each, then redid them when RL and LGS was released. So although me, you, and ~50% of the community "walk away" they know enough people will blindly grind for the next new shiny. Heck, I can already name a few of them on the Ag server.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    The Stabilizing Compound recipe requiring 5 Dampening Alloys is where things really get crazy.
    I hope I'm wrong, but 182 ingots are required for a single stat increase. So 4.550 parts, equivalent to 455 saga completions.
    Tronko - Ascendance - Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Gilga1 View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, but 182 ingots are required for a single stat increase. So 4.550 parts, equivalent to 455 saga completions.
    Referring to raid completions, even reduced to 20 saga completions would be sick many. Compared to SLC, 20 could be a reference. So the increase for parts needs to be x20 than now?
    "It´s too late. Always has been - always will be. Too late"

Community Member

It's a mess at the moment.
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

It would be nice to get some dev clarification whether the numbers are as intended here or if there’s an issue like with the weapons. Personally I’m kind of agnostic as to whether it should be a long or short grind. I can see advantages and disadvantages to both. But I definitely don’t want to grind out a ton of materials only to have the requirements reduced by 90% in a patch the next week.

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

Ive not looked at whats needed for sharn crafting but this has been an issue for awhile.

One problem for me and its not the only one is multiboxing. When a regualr player can craft something in a reasonable time then a multiboxer can do it way too quick so if they make it longer for the boxer so he isnt done in a few days then the regular is looking at a massive grind.

Systems Designer

Nearly Finished has nothing to do with Syrian weapons, which Lynn was addressing in that thread.
    Same crafting ingredients and crafting table, actually. So, yes, I was definitely talking about the weapons too, don't worry :P

It's been fixed internally, take another look after next patch

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    It would be nice to get some dev clarification whether the numbers are as intended here or if there’s an issue like with the weapons. Personally I’m kind of agnostic as to whether it should be a long or short grind. I can see advantages and disadvantages to both. But I definitely don’t want to grind out a ton of materials only to have the requirements reduced by 90% in a patch the next week.
    With how high they ended up being shelved (absolutely my fault for not triple checking) I would be incredibly impressed if you managed to gather the requisite 13,000 single ingredients to get a weapon at the current rate. In any case, we are targeting early next week for a patch. I hope this is the dev clarification you were looking for
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 05-17-2019 at 08:49 AM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Sorry, I didnt read. Ignore.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by iPuffinstuff View Post
    Any idea when the next patch will be available Lynnabel?
    I do have an idea but things can always change, forgive me if I don't answer this one 100% to avoid any confusion later on.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Same crafting ingredients and crafting table, actually. So, yes, I was definitely talking about the weapons too, don't worry :P

It's been fixed internally, take another look after next patch

With how high they ended up being shelved (absolutely my fault for not triple checking) I would be incredibly impressed if you managed to gather the requisite 13,000 single ingredients to get a weapon at the current rate. In any case, we are targeting early next week for a patch. I hope this is the dev clarification you were looking for
    After some of your recent posts, it would be silly for player to assume any systems/items are similar to other system/items. Appreciate the clarification.

To bad we can't deconstruct all these reforged dense ingots we have already crafted
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Systems Designer

After some of your recent posts, it would be silly for player to assume any systems/items are similar to other system/items.
    Indeed. Such is systems work on DDO

Community Member

Lynnabel,

Do you know if there is a fix (or intentional) to the Nearly Finished Crafting not pulling from stacks? IE some recipes require 2 sets of 5 of the same ingredient and if you have a stack of 100 in your bag it will not pull both you have to manually separate ingredients into stacks to craft.
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Oh, come on. Slave Lords was a monumental success for 4 months. That is all they really care about. How long they can keep you on the "hamster wheel." I still grimace at the thought of farming a single item and players famed a complete set of each, then redid them when RL and LGS was released. So although me, you, and ~50% of the community "walk away" they know enough people will blindly grind for the next new shiny. Heck, I can already name a few of them on the Ag server.
    Thats the part I'm SURPRISED about actually. When the next loot comes out and its better than one of those slotted set items, people re-grind the set. There have been enough iterations of this now where if it was considered a real issue, no one would re-grind their set bonus once new loot came out, or even participate in crating schemes any more knowing it will be replaced anyhow.

That being said I do know some folks who have skipped entire generations of loot, only to come back and farm newer stuff rather than farming through the stuff they werent there for first.

Systems Designer

Lynnabel,

Do you know if there is a fix (or intentional) to the Nearly Finished Crafting not pulling from stacks? IE some recipes require 2 sets of 5 of the same ingredient and if you have a stack of 100 in your bag it will not pull both you have to manually separate ingredients into stacks to craft.
    Definitely fixed, got you covered

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast