Default Sharn Crafting Mats

After running through the chains 5 times on difficulties ranging from r1-r8 I went to upgrade one item (emerald ring) to add con +21. When i got to the station I had less than 25% of the mats needed. So if i extrapolate that out I can expect I will need to run the chain over 20 times just to upgrade one item? I thought the idea of the crafting was to create flexibility to players, not to punish and created extreme grind.... if i need to craft 2-3 items per toon we are quickly looking at well over a hundred runs to get close to only 3 toons done. We already have farm the gear I'm not sure why we are looking at such a grind to finish the items. Devs...can we confirm the recipes are correct? When I look at the dampened mat it is requiring 5 of the ignots that also require 5 of the mats that fall in quest. Is it really intended to be so many?
    ZERG
    Whynnd | Xantroos | Cyridven | Justys

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kain741 View Post
    After running through the chains 5 times on difficulties ranging from r1-r8 I went to upgrade one item (emerald ring) to add con +21. When i got to the station I had less than 25% of the mats needed. So if i extrapolate that out I can expect I will need to run the chain over 20 times just to upgrade one item? I thought the idea of the crafting was to create flexibility to players, not to punish and created extreme grind.... if i need to craft 2-3 items per toon we are quickly looking at well over a hundred runs to get close to only 3 toons done. We already have farm the gear I'm not sure why we are looking at such a grind to finish the items. Devs...can we confirm the recipes are correct? When I look at the dampened mat it is requiring 5 of the ignots that also require 5 of the mats that fall in quest. Is it really intended to be so many?
    From other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    WOW, yeah, there's absolutely an order of magnitude problem happening here (an extra 0 or two in a few places, looks like, my mistake). We'll kick the recipes to where they should be (it'll be a very large reduction) for an upcoming patch - I've gotta flip a few other things around for the general flow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    From other thread:
    Thank you, I looked for a thread but couldn't find it
    ZERG
    Whynnd | Xantroos | Cyridven | Justys

Default are you joking?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    From other thread:
    So after doing the math on what is needed to upgrade one ring i found that i would need a total of 950 mats to upgrade one ring. now im told by the op that there is a 1-5 mats per quest where i found i was getting less than 5 each time but all i ran was r1-4. if i take the amount and divide it by 2.5 mats each quest i find i get to run 380 quest to make one ring...... i thought the whole point of the delay was to ensure there were no serious problems but that is a serious problem considering i would ransack all the quest before i can get enough materials to craft.. heaven forbid i had some raid loot that would require me to run 1000 more times to get that upgraded its full tiers.
    Last edited by Looting_Bin; 05-18-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    And shepards we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
    Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
    And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it be....
    In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
    Just call me Big Ben