Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Laid Plans Bug?

Been in Best Laid Plans for a long time. There is a large room with a bunch of crates and the objective is to get into the manager's office. There doesn't seem to be a way in. Does anyone know how to complete this quest?
    Ghallanda: Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, BrotherOf, Missadventer, Bytemy, Demogeorgia, Tizen (33) Sarlona: (7) Cannith: (2)

Community Member

there's a grating that you can click to open and climb into the wall tunnel.

Community Member

We've got to the end. Golems dead. 15 wraiths insta killing us within seconds and cannot interact with anything. Victor still sitting happily behind his forcefield, but all objectives completed.

Have enjoyed what we've done until this hot mess.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by guzzlr View Post
    We've got to the end. Golems dead. 15 wraiths insta killing us within seconds and cannot interact with anything. Victor still sitting happily behind his forcefield, but all objectives completed.

Have enjoyed what we've done until this hot mess.
    I was in the same position.

It just seemed that after enough waves his device stops working and you can off him.

But until it happened it seemed like I was missing something and they would spawn ennlessly until I did something else that wasn't clear.

Community Member

For what it's worth, I did successfully complete this quest.

But it wasn't obvious that there were several waves of monsters and that they spawned down the bottom of the ramp (or elsewhere?) and not all of them came up. So we had to run up and down a bit to ensure we killed everything before the next wave would trigger or the guy finally dropped his forcefield.

Quote Originally Posted by MaeveTuohy View Post
    I was in the same position.

It just seemed that after enough waves his device stops working and you can off him.

But until it happened it seemed like I was missing something and they would spawn ennlessly until I did something else that wasn't clear.
    Yeah a ridiculous amount of constructs. We were looking for a crystal or lever to shut them off. Would like to know if that is WAI or we missed something. We'll get there.

What bugs me the most is how much floaty text pops up while the voice overs are going on and the two don't always match. Also the floaty text quite frequently disappears too fast for me to read it all. Not just in this quest but a few others in this xpack too. At least most of it shows up in the General Tab to be read between combats if there is time.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by rfachini View Post
    Been in Best Laid Plans for a long time. There is a large room with a bunch of crates and the objective is to get into the manager's office. There doesn't seem to be a way in. Does anyone know how to complete this quest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    there's a grating that you can click to open and climb into the wall tunnel.
    Yes, it took me a long time to find this. Next time around won't be as bad.
    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    What bugs me the most is how much floaty text pops up while the voice overs are going on and the two don't always match. Also the floaty text quite frequently disappears too fast for me to read it all. Not just in this quest but a few others in this xpack too. At least most of it shows up in the General Tab to be read between combats if there is time.
    Very text and talk heavy. I understand they are trying to tell a story but it is not presented in digestible sizes.

Spoilers ahead.

There are no endless spawns in this quest. The next patch will contain explicit objectives to defeat 4 waves of Vaunt Security.

Once the wraiths show up, the only objective that should remain is 'Confront Victor', and defeating all of them finishes the quest.

Community Member

It could have been the heat of battle confusing me, but it seemed like a lot more than 4 waves. Having a countdown in the quest objectives will be helpful.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Spoilers ahead.

There are no endless spawns in this quest. The next patch will contain explicit objectives to defeat 4 waves of Vaunt Security.

Once the wraiths show up, the only objective that should remain is 'Confront Victor', and defeating all of them finishes the quest.

Waves. We missed that. We focused on the listed "Destroy Golems..." objective and got the heck away from the wraiths that are brutally deadly to us (going to have to figure out how to defend against them - if I can convince the girlfriend to play it again ).

One problem we had was the moment we got to the hallway near the shrine, the floaty constructs seemed to take off and open all the doors. Then golems destroyed everything and the whole place was aggroed. This was our second attempt (dropped down to hard) and we managed to resource our way through killing everything, but we kept feeling like we were meant to get ahead somehow and save the devices.

I do like the quest, and the improvements will help... but oh lordy do I hate the wraiths! Constructs and undead... very few crowd control options (can you fascinate the wraiths...hmmm, I may respec and try that).

but we kept feeling like we were meant to get ahead somehow and save the devices.
    Correct. Each golem, as soon as it spots you, goes to pummel a device. They are crowd-controllable. You can also DPS them down on the way, but yeah, you'll agro multiple rooms chasing them. It's a reasonably hard optional.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    It's a reasonably hard optional.
    With mad loot as a reward no doubt!

Good to know re. crowd control, and nice job bringing back (for us anyway) the need to have specialized weapons again. Not sure what we will use to fight the elementals in some of the other quests, their DR drops our damage down nil (even with celestia ) But we will figure something out!

Community Member

Pretty good quest, but I was also confused by it. Nothing incredibly frustrating though.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Pretty good quest, but I was also confused by it. Nothing incredibly frustrating though.
    I suspect our 2 person group is low on dps, and that led to too many critters on us. The second group of wraiths, and dogs, and floaties, and golems was around the corner. Elite was just over our heads, but we're trying to get enough elite completions to get an artifact (and it seems that is not possible on hard ).

Community Member

I suspect our 2 person group is low on dps, and that led to too many critters on us. The second group of wraiths, and dogs, and floaties, and golems was around the corner. Elite was just over our heads, but we're trying to get enough elite completions to get an artifact (and it seems that is not possible on hard ).

Yeah it's dicey when everything rushes you. I had some almost deaths a few times.

I completed it but the objectives were unclear. I couldn’t tab to find the grate/door I needed. For the wraiths/golems, I’m directionally challenged and went around a long time trying to find them all. It was frustrating.

What’s this about running on Elite to get an artifact?
    Ghallanda: Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, BrotherOf, Missadventer, Bytemy, Demogeorgia, Tizen (33) Sarlona: (7) Cannith: (2)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rfachini View Post
    What’s this about running on Elite to get an artifact?
    My current understanding is that to get a chance at an artifact drop from the saga is that you need to complete it on elite or better. I think we figured out we needed 5 of the quests on elite to pull that off.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...rtifacts-Query

It seems as if this is the only current way to get artifacts aside from raids. Disclaimer! I don't know this for sure!

Edit: News alert! This seems to be changing and end chests will be able to drop artifacts after a future patch. Thank You!
    Last edited by guzzlr; 05-16-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Yeah it's dicey when everything rushes you. I had some almost deaths a few times.
    Are you saying that elite is hard?

I'm confused. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast