Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - Syranian Weapons Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Just like Ravenloft, Sharn will contain a full suite of weapons across both level brackets (levels 15 and 29).
    This part seemed pretty cool when Lammaland launched. But, it's hard to gauge how expensive it is when you just pay the GP cost in the dojo.

Unlike Ravenloft, these will not be "free" as in free pizza
    When I read this I thought "OK, so no NPC like the sentient jewel guy in Ravenloft."

- players will be able to forge them out of Nearly Finished crafting ingredients at a very small proportionate cost in order to avoid overflooding the loot tables. Ideally, these are easily acquired without much effort.
    When I read this, I expect something like the Vistani Totems, not something that makes a 5-piece legendary greensteel set look like a casual grind.

Come with me down the rabbit hole to craft a heroic weapon!

Rayne Cloud charges the following:
    - Dampening Alloy
    - Energizing Alloy
    - Caustic Compound
    - Stabilizing Compound

(At this point I'm going to stop using specific ingredients and just refer to them as <Sharn> to differentiate them from the House Cannith versions.)

When you move over to the Cannith Melting Station, you find it requires 25 <Sharn> Alloys to create a <Sharn> Compound. That means that you need 52 <Sharn> Alloys for one heroic weapon. (25+25+1+1)

Each <Sharn> Alloy costs 10 <Sharn> Ingots and 15 of the minor ingredients you find in Sharn. We're now at 520 (52*10) <Sharn> Ingots and 780 (52*15) Minor Ingredients.

Each <Sharn> Ingot costs 25 minor ingredients. (520*25)+780 = 13,780 Minor Ingredients.

Please tell me this is a mistake that will be fixed in the next patch.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.

Systems Designer

WOW, yeah, there's absolutely an order of magnitude problem happening here (an extra 0 or two in a few places, looks like, my mistake). We'll kick the recipes to where they should be (it'll be a very large reduction) for an upcoming patch - I've gotta flip a few other things around for the general flow as well.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Default Where did you find the weapon crafter

I looking at the nearly finished list and the station in artificiers section and could only find upgrades to new and old items and raid item?
    Guild Leader Agents of the Dreaming Dark server Ghallanda, Officer of Ravenloft Raiders Sarlona

Thank you! All the Sharn specific recipes appear to require 2 stacks of 5 of the same minor ingredients as well.
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.

Quote Originally Posted by IconicHero View Post
    I looking at the nearly finished list and the station in artificiers section and could only find upgrades to new and old items and raid item?
    Sharn - Cliffside Docks District.

Either get there from the Sharn guy in the harbor, or taking the elevator down from the Cliffside Towers District.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Thank you! All the Sharn specific recipes appear to require 2 stacks of 5 of the same minor ingredients as well.
    Yeah, that's also on my list

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Sharn - Cliffside Docks District.

Either get there from the Sharn guy in the harbor, or taking the elevator down from the Cliffside Towers District.
    For a full list of the weapons, go to this link https://ddocompendium.com/w/Category:Update_42_Loot and find those that have Syranian in their name.

Community Member

I recall one of the devs saying they would add a caster stick to the Syranian weapons but I don't see it on the list. Will it be added later?

2017 DDO Players Council Arkantios's Avatar

Yeah, I was calculating this stuff out myself cause I wanted to try and make one and was absolutely flabbergasted by the amount of mats it was asking for lol.
    XxMazexX the Rogue SneakATank.

Community Member

Default Yet another Crafting system

Really? Really??????

I already ignore nearly all the different crafting types in DDO as I have no idea what most of them are, or what they are for

I guess this (these?) is (are) more to ignore while carrying around tons of ingredients in case I ever find out what to do with them.
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    Really? Really??????

I already ignore nearly all the different crafting types in DDO as I have no idea what most of them are, or what they are for

I guess this (these?) is (are) more to ignore while carrying around tons of ingredients in case I ever find out what to do with them.
    There is no requirement to craft so I am not sure what you are complaining about. Nothing in Sharn requires this. You are under no obligation to carry them around and are, in fact, free to leave them in the chest should you so choose.

Community Member

Yeah totally silly how much it takes to make one of these weapons. More obfuscation similar to the artifacts. Not impressed at all with how the items were handled in Sharn.

Quote Originally Posted by IconicHero View Post
    Sharn harbour NPC named Rayne Cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Yeah totally silly how much it takes to make one of these weapons. More obfuscation similar to the artifacts. Not impressed at all with how the items were handled in Sharn.
    Read Lynnabel's posts in the thread.

Systems Designer

Really? Really??????

Weird fact, but since this is actually a continuation of the previously-implemented Nearly Finished crafting system, the amount of orphaned crafting systems in the game actually went down with this update

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Read Lynnabel's posts in the thread.
    But...but...but...they did use the word "obfuscation" so clearly they are a superior intellect. :P

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    ... "obfuscation" so clearly...
    Nice.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Really? Really??????

I doubt I'll ever buy Sharn, but I will defend some of the practices behind it.
    A crafting system is objectively the best method to get an entire suite of weapon types to the player.
    Let's look at how many weapon types we have:
    Bludgeoning- 6 One-handed, 4 Two-handed, 1 Ranged
    Slashing- 10 One-handed, 3 Two-handed, 1 Ranged
    Piercing- 5 One-handed, 0 Two-handed, 10 Ranged
    40 total. If you are going for a specific weapon type (let's say a Maul) that is a 2.5% chance of just getting the specific weapon type to be correct, which can be an even slimmer pull if the drop rate is anything but 100%.

Now let's assume I am a developer and I want the player to get a weapon... roughly 1/4 runs. If I go with the above model and set the drop rate of a weapon, period to 25%, then you have a 0.625% chance of getting a specific weapon each run, and (going off the assumption that the player has the worst luck in weapon pulls, pulling everything except for what he or she wants and never duplicating weapon types) will end up needing to do 160runs to finally get your Maul. Obviously this is all theoretical in that it is possible to pull duplicate weapon types, and it is possible to pull weapons both more than and less than once out of every four runs, but people with horrendous luck can attest to running quests dozens if not hundreds of times trying to get one thing to drop, and instead pulling everything else.

Now let's instead assume I am a developer who sees the merit to a crafting system. In the end chest I put in 25 Runes which drop 100% of the time, and make a crafting station where each weapon costs 100 Runes to make. After 4 runs, not only is the player guaranteed to be able to make a weapon (unlucky players might not pull a weapon in the first 20 runs even with a 25% drop rate) but they are also guaranteed the weapon type they want, without having to rely on RNG to bless them with the 1/40. To amass enough Runes to get one weapon of all 40 types... would again require 160 runs, but the player is now given the agency to choose which weapon they take first and second and third and so on.

So please think about it long and hard and tell me, which is better:
    - 1/40 chance of getting the right weapon type
    - 100% of getting the right weapon type, but with the oh, so minor tragic inconvenience of needing to open a dialogue box and click the "Greataxe" or "Rapier" or "Shortbow" option before it gets added to your inventory
    Last edited by Kenpai; 05-16-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    I recall one of the devs saying they would add a caster stick to the Syranian weapons but I don't see it on the list. Will it be added later?
    I was disappointed when I checked for that too.

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown
    Death Dodger

Weird fact, but since this is actually a continuation of the previously-implemented Nearly Finished crafting system, the amount of orphaned crafting systems in the game actually went down with this update
    the amount of orphaned crafting SYSTEM went down because Sharn is new and don't count, for a modifier of +0,
    and the old Cannith manufacture SYSTEM is somewhat relevant again? (not sure which part of the new recipes use old mats, so far new weapons use new mats but lets roll with it) arguably making it a -1 modifier.
    so, the amount of obsolete system theoretically went down...

However, and this is important, the amount of new crafting MATS went up a lot!
    with the same icons, and making it absolutely confusing between old and new mats.
    you basically stitched an old system to a new one, doubled the amount of MATS, and called it a day...

Let me guess, if the new weapons used the old mats, that would have allowed people to have the base weapons without the expansion?
    Why not have Sharn use the SAME mats... BUT put the crafting devices in the cog or smthing?
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

We'll kick the recipes to where they should be (it'll be a very large reduction) for an upcoming patch
    Please hurry, these messages make me sad: (Standard): Adoryn's Malice has been permanently damaged!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast