Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Minor Artifacts Query

Would it be too much to ask for Minor Artifacts to have some small drop rate on the normal and hard saga lists? even if that drop rate is much smaller than elite/true elite. I would suggest 5% on Normal, 10% on Hard to continue to give the higher difficulties significant advantage.

My reasoning is as follows:

1. It was NOT advertised anywhere that this brand new type of loot would be exclusive to these higher difficulties.
    2. Feedback on Minor Artifact Loot was NOT given with the idea in mind that it was exclusive to any difficulty.
    3. Nowhere else is an entire category of loot exclusive to a specific difficulty, special or higher bonuses/enchantments yes - the category itself no.
    4. Access to Minor Artifacts helps bridge the gap between people that have fully maxed out sentient weapons and those that have only the first 3-4 slots open but on multiple characters.

Thank you for consideration.

Also in the future devs, IF you are going to make something exclusive to a particular play-style or difficulty please advertise that ahead of making the item/pack/xpack available for purchase. Thank you.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    3. Nowhere else is an entire category of loot exclusive to a specific difficulty, special or higher bonuses/enchantments yes - the category itself no.
    Jibbers.

I agree with your request, but still wanted to mention Jibbers. Especially since I see people trying to farm them on Normal.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Jibbers.

I agree with your request, but still wanted to mention Jibbers. Especially since I see people trying to farm them on Normal.
    Its not exactly a category of loot... but didn't Cordovan get a Jibber's while running EH on the livestream?
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

The Bashful Balladeer nazgul748's Avatar

Would it be too much to ask for Minor Artifacts to have some small drop rate on the normal and hard saga lists? even if that drop rate is much smaller than elite/true elite. I would suggest 5% on Normal, 10% on Hard to continue to give the higher difficulties significant advantage.

My reasoning is as follows:

1. It was NOT advertised anywhere that this brand new type of loot would be exclusive to these higher difficulties.
    2. Feedback on Minor Artifact Loot was NOT given with the idea in mind that it was exclusive to any difficulty.
    4. Access to Minor Artifacts helps bridge the gap between people that have fully maxed out sentient weapons and those that have only the first 3-4 slots open but on multiple characters.

Thank you for consideration.

Also in the future devs, IF you are going to make something exclusive to a particular play-style or difficulty please advertise that ahead of making the item/pack/xpack available for purchase. Thank you.

I agree completely. I was quite excited about the artifacts but had I known that I would have to solo legendary elite to get them, it would have definitely impacted my decision to purchase the collector's pack.

Before I get "feedback" about soloing... I don't group because I don't hear well. I get tired of asking and people get tired of being asked to repeat themselves. I have been removed from groups in the past, so I solo.

The Bashful Balladeer nazgul748's Avatar

Its not exactly a category of loot... but didn't Cordovan get a Jibber's while running EH on the livestream?
    I've dropped 2 Jibber's. One on EH and the other on EN. So it does drop on all difficulties.

Community Member

Jibbers.

Unless something has changed - I have found Jibbers on EN.

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    Unless something has changed - I have found Jibbers on EN.
    Jibbers does drop on all difficuties normal and up, never tried casual. Best to farm in a group though and not necessarily a static one. I have quite a few of them, mostly passed to me.

Community Member

100% agreed.

I live in an area that is not conducive to raiding. The internet can be terribad and I don't want to mess up raids because we may drop several times.

This has a direct impact on my desire to purchase the pack.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

I support this. I'll probably be aiming for Elite/True Elite as much as possible, but that shouldn't give exclusive access IMO.

Jibbers.

I've pulled one on EN and one on EH.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Jibbers.

(Adding to the frenzy, but...) Got 3 on EN, 1 on EH, 2 on EE.

Community Member

Wait, did they actually confirm that it is impossible to get a Minor Artifact for completing the saga on Normal or Hard difficulties? If so, that is really crappy, and it certainly may have impacted my decision to buy the expansion as well if I'd known. I can understand a lower drop rate, but to make them completely inaccessible is extremely harsh. If this is true, PLEASE reconsider this choice SSG, if only for the sake of your newer players.

Do they at least have some chance to drop in quests on Normal and Hard?
    Zanthiss - Level 30 Rogue Mechanic - Cannith

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    Wait, did they actually confirm that it is impossible to get a Minor Artifact for completing the saga on Normal or Hard difficulties? If so, that is really crappy, and it certainly may have impacted my decision to buy the expansion as well if I'd known. I can understand a lower drop rate, but to make them completely inaccessible is extremely harsh. If this is true, PLEASE reconsider this choice SSG, if only for the sake of your newer players.

Do they at least have some chance to drop in quests on Normal and Hard?
    This would seem to confirm it:

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    For clarity, the Artifacts available in Sharn are only found in that particular Saga on higher Legendary difficulties and in the raids. The Saga also contains Tomes, Renown, and XP - as well as Sharn Crafting Materials - but we're always open to suggestions on what could make rewards more reward-y.
    Lammania gave no indication that these items would be raid and higher difficulty only or I would have said something then.

Community Member

Lammania gave no indication that these items would be raid and higher difficulty only or I would have said something then.
    I did say something then and was told that the artifacts could be acquired in a variety of ways. Sagas and raids were listed as two of these ways.

Nothing was ever said that only 3 of the artifacts would be available outside raids. Plus all the artifacts were listed in green implying they can acquired outside of raids. It's really disappointing. It's not the fact that only 3 can be had outside of raids, it's the obfuscation about the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    I did say something then and was told that the artifacts could be acquired in a variety of ways. Sagas and raids were listed as two of these ways.

Nothing was ever said that only 3 of the artifacts would be available outside raids. Plus all the artifacts were listed in green implying they can acquired outside of raids. It's really disappointing. It's not the fact that only 3 can be had outside of raids, it's the obfuscation about the entire thing.
    That's what I saw on Lammania, the greenborders indicating NOT from raids. I mean they went to the trouble of color coding the named item borders on Lammania to make feedback easier but now its just resulted in the issue being confused.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post

I hope this isn't true. It's pretty damn absurd if it is. I personally have no intention of trying to chain run level 32 LE sagas any time soon. Of course, it sounds as if you could do one on hard and then pay shards to bump the completion to elite...which would in a way be even worse since it would pretty much be "pay us extra to have a chance to get the thing you were promised."

Community Member

Wow, I do not recall hearing that either. I guess that loot exclusive to raids wasn't good enough, now we have an entire category of loot that offers exciting new possibilities that is completely inaccessible to players who can't hang at Legendary Elite or consistently join in the raiding scene, which includes a lot of newbs like me. At least I paid less for the expansion... oh, no wait, I paid just as much as everyone else.

I really hope you're mistaken about this. Completely excluding new / non-uber players from an entirely new category of loot that is meant to bring fun to the game is just a really bad idea and cannot be in the best business interests of DDO long term. I find it hard to believe that they would consciously do this.
    Zanthiss - Level 30 Rogue Mechanic - Cannith

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    Wow, I do not recall hearing that either. I guess that loot exclusive to raids wasn't good enough, now we have an entire category of loot that offers exciting new possibilities that is completely inaccessible to players who can't hang at Legendary Elite or consistently join in the raiding scene, which includes a lot of newbs like me. At least I paid less for the expansion... oh, no wait, I paid just as much as everyone else.

I really hope you're mistaken about this. Completely excluding new / non-uber players from an entirely new category of loot that is meant to bring fun to the game is just a really bad idea and cannot be in the best business interests of DDO long term. I find it hard to believe that they would consciously do this.
    I agree.

I was under impression that minor artifacts were raid exclusive so I decided to give up on them until I decided to start doing leg raids, but this, if true, is slap to the face of those who like soloing and are not in "I solo R10 regularly" group.

SSG if it's true that Elite/true elitist saga give them and normal/hard sagas do not, please change that so that lover tier at least have a chance of seeing it in reward list...

Default That's all, on the subject: Artefacts do not appear in sagas rewards.

That's all, on the subject: Artefacts do not appear in sagas rewards.

True Elite saga. All quests done day 1, solo.
    >>Officer of the DDOpl Guild<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness 31th - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 4rd life Warlock .......Seljuck 4th life Barbarian
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Community Member

Maybe it is a way to bump up the sales of Astral Shards? Pay AS to increase the level of saga completion to have a chance of getting a minor artefact.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post
    That's all, on the subject: Artefacts do not appear in sagas rewards.
    They do. I got mine that way and so have other people I know. However, there's not a 100% chance of them appearing for the storyline quests and it's starting to look like not every artifact can appear in that list either.

I totally support there being a chance of the artifacts appearing for lower difficulty saga completions. It would be one thing if those items were raid loot only, but they aren't.

If they're going to be available as saga rewards all this does is force people to attempt difficulties they may not be comfortable with, and there's no point in that at all.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blerkington; 05-16-2019 at 09:50 AM.
    Astrican on Khyber

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast