Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    You need to spell it out further. I have no idea how the bottle of the mist bypassed the ship. Why would you need to go to the ship to get to Ravenloft?

I see a LFM for Ravenloft when I'm in Eveningstar, I teleport to House J arcane shop, go through a loading screen to exit, run to the RL portal in House J, go through a loading screen, and I'm in RL.

I see a LFM for Sharn when I'm in Eveningstar, I teleport to the Harbor, run to my airship, go through a loading screen, talk to the ship captain, go through a loading screen, and I'm in Sharn.

In both cases, I go through two loading screens.

You go through one loading screen. Immediate transfer to RL or Sharn. They are the exact same item.

Oh, I agree here... I didn't think skipping one loading screen was worth a single cent myself, and nothing in the $130 packs interest me except the racial tome and the universal tome. But I'm not paying $90 just for those.

The last two "ultimate" packs have been terrible, in my opinion, and SSG has gotten none of my money for them. I bought all the ultimate packs in the past, but no more until they actually give me something I want. Just throw in some xp potions, otto boxes, or just some DDO points, and I'd be happy to give them my cash.

I WANT to give them money. But, yes, the "deals" have been terrible for the past two years.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Thrudh again.

Community Member

I see a LFM for Ravenloft when I'm in Eveningstar, I teleport to House J arcane shop, go through a loading screen to exit, run to the RL portal in House J, go through a loading screen, and I'm in RL.

I see a LFM for Sharn when I'm in Eveningstar, I teleport to the Harbor, run to my airship, go through a loading screen, talk to the ship captain, go through a loading screen, and I'm in Sharn.

In both cases, I go through two loading screens.
    Actually ...

Teleport to house J arcane shop [go through loading screen for house J], Leave the shop [loading screen for house J again], run to the RL portal, click portal [go through loading screen for ravenloft], am in RL.

Teleport to the harbor [go through loading screen for harbor], run to the dock where the npc to sharn is, talk to the npc [go thru a loading screen] and you're in Sharn.

Both your journeys ignore or miss a zoning load, and your journey to sharn is longer (more zoning) since you use the airship for no reason.

Also, if you were in Eveningstar, you could just walk down to the ravenloft entrance there.

Other quite quick ways of moving about (more zoning but maybe less movement) include
    Enter Eveningstar Hall of heroes, turn around click door to eveningstar cave, click out of cave and enter ravenloft mists.
    D12 to Market, drop over bridge, into HoH, go to portal/airship entrance, click House J, and run much less distance in House J to ravenloft entrance.
    And as has been mentioned, /death [zone to airship], talk to npc on ship bridge to go to sharn direct, or house J, or hall of hero, then click house J right next to you, for less walking.
    Last edited by Tist; 05-21-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Boarding Pass Upgrade, as per the patch notes for the update tomorrow:
    Also (not in the notes):
    The animation was shortened. It is no longer the shoelaces / key to eveningstar animation, but the Teleport animation. Still 60 seconds cooldown though.

Offering multiple teleport locations to Sharn is like offering multiple teleport locations to the portable hole, useless. I spent 130$ on this expansion and have yet to play it. I think I am just going to uninstall. So sick of SSG and their manipulating daily dice rolls, censoring female armor, recycling art in paid expansions and using in house voice actors. Anyone want my account? I own everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    I spent 130$ on this expansion and have yet to play it. I think I am just going to uninstall.
    LOL.

The quests and story are awesome so far...

Why in the world would you quit before even playing them? Seriously. No, seriously.

Because of a teleport thing? Now that I'm on part 2, I bet the extra teleport choices are worthwhile (it's a bit of a run).
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

I think I am just going to uninstall.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

LOL.

The quests and story are awesome so far...

Why in the world would you quit before even playing them? Seriously. No, seriously.

Because of a teleport thing? Now that I'm on part 2, I bet the extra teleport choices are worthwhile (it's a bit of a run).
    Maybe I should uninstall because I did not buy Sharn yet ?
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Community Member

Default Agree with you

Offering multiple teleport locations to Sharn is like offering multiple teleport locations to the portable hole, useless. I spent 130$ on this expansion and have yet to play it. I think I am just going to uninstall. So sick of SSG and their manipulating daily dice rolls, censoring female armor, recycling art in paid expansions and using in house voice actors. Anyone want my account? I own everything.
    I still feel ripped off, the multiple teleport locations to the portable hole is **** what a complete waste of time, they should of added a ships beacon to it like we all said. I will definitely not be buying the top package again and seriously considering my VIP, I have played Sharn several times now since it opens and not got one piece of decent loot absolute rubbish even when I use gold pots and other items to increase the odds the chest items gets even worse. Its as if my toon is cursed in their, I'm seriously very disappointed.

They need to sort this out, SSG get a grip and stop being so money motivated unhappy customers don't make for good business.

Compared to Ravenloft, Sharn has been a complete bag of *****. I'm not happy and still feeling ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by ians4471 View Post
    I still feel ripped off, the multiple teleport locations to the portable hole is **** what a complete waste of time, they should of added a ships beacon to it like we all said. I will definitely not be buying the top package again and seriously considering my VIP, I have played Sharn several times now since it opens and not got one piece of decent loot absolute rubbish even when I use gold pots and other items to increase the odds the chest items gets even worse. Its as if my toon is cursed in their, I'm seriously very disappointed.

They need to sort this out, SSG get a grip and stop being so money motivated unhappy customers don't make for good business.

Compared to Ravenloft, Sharn has been a complete bag of *****. I'm not happy and still feeling ripped off.
    i came back to DDO last week (at least this time i played the expansion a bit after release, IIRC i played RL 1 year after release, even after purchasing top bundle, like now)

my 1st heroic sharn saga run was... 17? heroic items (ofc, sometimes other players didn't want their loot lol)

and 1st epic sharn saga was like... 24? items, 3 of them artifacts cause nobody wanted them XD

and for teleport location? well, kinda sad to see all this **** cause people can go from shio to sharn, you can go to 4 places: the crafting area (which is longer to reach than from ship to RL mist or from key tp ES to mists, whine about it too, pls), to the saga ppl (which are further than previous point), to the same point where the ship drops you and then the 4th place... which i don't remember, not sure if i used it, maybe raid door?

seriously, i would be ashamed of being able to spend 100ish $ on a game, and then whine cause something like asking to remove sharn teleport from airship

if you have bad RNG and use pots or whatever, is something that may happen
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

Default replying to your comments

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    i came back to DDO last week (at least this time i played the expansion a bit after release, IIRC i played RL 1 year after release, even after purchasing top bundle, like now)

my 1st heroic sharn saga run was... 17? heroic items (ofc, sometimes other players didn't want their loot lol)

and 1st epic sharn saga was like... 24? items, 3 of them artifacts cause nobody wanted them XD

and for teleport location? well, kinda sad to see all this **** cause people can go from shio to sharn, you can go to 4 places: the crafting area (which is longer to reach than from ship to RL mist or from key tp ES to mists, whine about it too, pls), to the saga ppl (which are further than previous point), to the same point where the ship drops you and then the 4th place... which i don't remember, not sure if i used it, maybe raid door?

seriously, i would be ashamed of being able to spend 100ish $ on a game, and then whine cause something like asking to remove sharn teleport from airship

if you have bad RNG and use pots or whatever, is something that may happen

Lets clear this up, I personally don't want to see the ships teleport to Sharn removed, that's not my point, I'm just unhappy with the feeling of being ripped off and then insulted by SSG who added another few teleports to the same location, its an absolute insult, and yes it can happen where you can go for a short time of not getting any loot I can accept this, i'm not saying it should be easy to get loot but running the saga several times without enhancements and then again with enhancements and still not getting anything is not acceptable, its one thing being unlucky and there's another when its obviously bugged. (or my toons bugged) I am a paying customer and have the right to complain if things aren't right, nobody said anything when I praised RL it was a great expansion, good content, good drop rates and really good story arc but this Sharn is ****, customers feel ripped off, it has poor content, rubbish drop rates its half the size of RL at same costs. I'm sorry if that's doesn't sit well with other people but that's just my opinion. Like I said i'm not agreeing that the teleport should be removed from the ships, but I do feel really ripped off and will not be buying anymore expansions. I have supported D&D by VIP subscriptions and purchasing all the top packages since joining. I can honestly say I have not been so disappointed as I am now. Maybe I need a break try another game.

After thinking about it (and using it more), the Boarding Pass is almost a Ship's Beacon. Port to Clifftop, a short walk to the Airport. Two screens instead of one, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by ians4471 View Post
    Lets clear this up, I personally don't want to see the ships teleport to Sharn removed, that's not my point, I'm just unhappy with the feeling of being ripped off and then insulted by SSG who added another few teleports to the same location, its an absolute insult, and yes it can happen where you can go for a short time of not getting any loot I can accept this, i'm not saying it should be easy to get loot but running the saga several times without enhancements and then again with enhancements and still not getting anything is not acceptable, its one thing being unlucky and there's another when its obviously bugged. (or my toons bugged) I am a paying customer and have the right to complain if things aren't right, nobody said anything when I praised RL it was a great expansion, good content, good drop rates and really good story arc but this Sharn is ****, customers feel ripped off, it has poor content, rubbish drop rates its half the size of RL at same costs. I'm sorry if that's doesn't sit well with other people but that's just my opinion. Like I said i'm not agreeing that the teleport should be removed from the ships, but I do feel really ripped off and will not be buying anymore expansions. I have supported D&D by VIP subscriptions and purchasing all the top packages since joining. I can honestly say I have not been so disappointed as I am now. Maybe I need a break try another game.
    I've only returned recently after a break from the game, but, I've found the Sharn content I've done so-far reasonable - even fun in spots, and though I don't have any named loot yet, I'm really not worried.
    If I decide a particular piece is necessary to one of my characters I'll do it the old fashioned way. Every character in one after the other once per day till I get what i've targeted in on.
    Being a veteran of the Epic Desert Loot farming grind, daily repeats and then being done when you pull the item is nothing really.

I don't feel ripped off at all, and I found the new voice overs and music content a nice fresh thing, maybe I'm strange, and just see the game as a little side hobby, not a way of life.

To be honest I'm just happy that Standing Stone are still producing new content and making real changes that freshen the game up for me from time to time.

Coit out
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Coitrocket CoitburnerLuciforge Coithealz: Ghallanda

Anyone want my account? I own everything.
    Yeah, sure, why not, lol.

You're really missing out though, it's a great expansion, actually, and it's a bit silly to let minor gripes detract from the core of the release: new content.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456