Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, May 15th 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, May 15th for a hotfix. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you back in the game soon.

We'll get you more information about what is being changed/fixed tomorrow. Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, May 15th for a hotfix. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you back in the game soon.

We'll get you more information about what is being changed/fixed tomorrow. Thanks!
    Awww, you can tell us now, can't you? Sharing is caring, you know! Live life on the edge, Cordo- shout it from the mountain tops!

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Awww, you can tell us now, can't you? Sharing is caring, you know! Live life on the edge, Cordo- shout it from the mountain tops!
    Could be artifacts dropping in chain reward.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Or bringing back the cog's saga which was able to be turned in infinitely xD

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Or bringing back the cog's saga which was able to be turned in infinitely xD
    Nah, this hotfix will not bring back the cogs saga givers. That doozy was discovered after we'd already pulled the build for Wednesdays hotfix.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post
    People were totally getting raid loot from the rewards list.

It also totally wasn't me. I call foul.
    Please go through the players inventory and remove rare raid items that they didn't earn in a fair way. I am tired of the f... Cheaters. You should also do something about those who have like over 7 milion reaoer xp just because they farmed Amber Temple as casters, solo, earning 5k reaper xp per 2-3 minutes. It is your responsibility to keep the game fair. Half of the server knows who cheats/abuses bugs and you cannot find them and make them take responsibility???
    I won't pay a cent and i will convince all the players i know to abandon this gane if you don't take care of those who cheat.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Will this hotfix make it so Shards Of Mechanus Filigrees will drop? (They currently aren't dropping at all for anyone and I'm getting everyone I can to help find a piece of that set, over 7 hours in and still no luck)

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable
    Evil Memnir says insert Total Recall two weeks gif here.

Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    I won't pay a cent and i will convince all the players i know to abandon this gane if you don't take care of those who cheat.
    Ironically, it's the cheaters that abandon the game. They have to have everything right now, dupe, exploit, and what not, to make that happen. Then they get bored. They kill the boss 30 seconds faster now, they have more ingredients then you could spend in a lifetime.

No, it's not us that abandon. It's them. We keep soldiering on. Keep posting LFM's. Keep joining others on loot hunts. Keep playing.

Dupers/exploiters don't directly impact anyone else. But they sure as Sharn don't group like they would if they still had unsatisfied hungar and desire. Indirectly, they are the fat cats sunbathing while the rest of us wait and wait for our LFM to fill.

Come have fun with us? We ask. Nah, I'm good. -They answer, as they gaze upon their fat hot loot.

Please go through the players inventory and remove rare raid items that they didn't earn in a fair way. I am tired of the f... Cheaters. You should also do something about those who have like over 7 milion reaoer xp just because they farmed Amber Temple as casters, solo, earning 5k reaper xp per 2-3 minutes. It is your responsibility to keep the game fair. Half of the server knows who cheats/abuses bugs and you cannot find them and make them take responsibility???
    How are you supposed to check a player account and determine whether the reaper XP or items were obtained in a fair way or used an exploit to get it? You create a LOT more problems if you punish innocent people in order to get those to abuse the game rules. What would happen if you removed e. g. 3 million reaper XP on all players who have reaper wings. You hit some who got reaper XP via Amber Temple farming, but you also get those who have played the game for hours every day without using the exploit.

How can you call getting raid loot in the Sharn saga reward for cheating? Sharn has been out for just a few hours and players don't know what SSG have intended for them to get or not. Maybe you were supposed to have the minor artifacts as Saga rewards. It was not like everyone got them either. It seems that it wasn't and therefore you get a hotfix to fix it. However, it's completely unfair to blame people as cheaters for taking what was offered to them as a reward.

Sealed in Amber is another example. Players are experts in finding fast ways to finish quests. It's not like they bent the rules to get the reaper xp so fast. It was more a flaw in the quest design where Madam Eva was present at the start of the quest and then players knew where to go to finish the quest fast. This is related to poor quest design. E. g. you could finish the quest before the end fight and shortcuts were possible. It's more SSG's fault they spent so long to fix the quest design flaw. Players have made SSG aware of this way of finishing the quest a long time ago and it wasn't reacted upon. In U42 this has been dealt with and the quest will be done as intended because the shortcuts are gone.

You have many quests with safe spots, jump shortcuts and so on. Is it cheating to use such things? I would say no. It requires quite a bit of play time to find out where monsters won't attack. In some quests you can bypass part of the quest by jumping to certain locations. Pretty hard to plug all such holes since any place where you can jump you can get to locations others can't.

Actually in some quests you're required to make a lot of jumping to get to certain chests. You will notice tha the Sharn quest Smash and Burn is such a quest. There you have to be Super Mario to get named loot. Players can't know whether that is unintended or not. Maybe the quest was supposed to drop a ladder if you solved the difficult puzzles in there, but you can get to the chest by jumping instead.

E. g. in Maze of madness in Gianthold you have a jump shortcut. However, I've seen in pug's that you often spend more time waiting for people to make the jump than you would have if you moved the normal way. You also lose trap bonuses etc. So the jump bypass is only useful if all know about it and can make all the jumps required. So it's not really a problem.

However, I do agree that SSG should be hard on cheaters. With cheaters I mean people who can dupe items, get infinite XP from certain actions etc. However, SSG have been good at addressing such issues fast.
    Last edited by Peter_Stauffenberg; 05-15-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Stauffenberg View Post
    How are you supposed to check a player account and determine whether the reaper XP or items were obtained in a fair way or used an exploit to get it?
    We need to have a server roll back. It's the only way to be sure. Nice, fair, even and equal for everyone- Dial the servers back to February 28th, 2006.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I don't think you can call someone a cheater for taking look that they're granted by the game

It's a bug that should.get fixed, but that's on SSG, not on the players. People aren't cheating if the game just up and hands them something.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Default The game worlds have reopened!

The game worlds have reopened!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    I was gonna say update the launcher feed so people will know, but then.... Yeah. I'm so tired.

2.5 hours early... there goes my afternoon nap... thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I was gonna say update the launcher feed so people will know, but then.... Yeah. I'm so tired.
    Sadly, I don't have access to that feed and we opened so far ahead of schedule that those that do have access are not yet in. I made the determination that it was better to get the servers open with limited messaging than to simply hold them closed for longer.

Sadly, I don't have access to that feed and we opened so far ahead of schedule that those that do have access are not yet in. I made the determination that it was better to get the servers open with limited messaging than to simply hold them closed for longer.
    You are the best

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    This is WAI - as stated in the loot previews, a selection of the Artifacts are available in the Elite/True Elite Saga rewards for the main saga at a 25%/50% chance.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

I would like to file a complaint on the basis that you are uncalled for to early. We can't have that. People have planed their day around you estimated downtime PLUS XY and you make it MINUS XY. Please compensate players with free xp elixiers and +8 tomes to make up for the gained play time they cannot use as they are out in town doing grocery shopping.

logs in instead of reading a book on coffee break ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This is WAI - as stated in the loot previews, a selection of the Artifacts are available in the Elite/True Elite Saga rewards for the main saga at a 25%/50% chance.
    In the U42 post you seemed to state they drop in the raid as well:

"For clarity, the Artifacts available in Sharn are only found in that particular Saga on higher Legendary difficulties and in the raids. The Saga also contains Tomes, Renown, and XP - as well as Sharn Crafting Materials - but we're always open to suggestions on what could make rewards more reward-y"

On a related note several in that post who received an option of 4 artifacts all stated that members of their group received the exact 4 specific artifacts out of the 10 (or so) that are available. If so this is a bug, correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast