Lightbulb Tiefling Scorch SLA Improvement

I searched the forums and did not find a discussion elsewhere about this so sorry if this has already been asked. Are there any plans to change the Tiefling Scorch enhancement? What I mean by this is that currently the mob debuff is applied after the damage from the SLA is inflicted. It would be much more useful if the debuff was applied prior to the damage being inflicted in many situations. For example: Iron Golems, if you hit them with scorch you heal them for a large amount of damage and have to hope that your followup attack deals more damage than they were healed for initially plus an additional amount. I completely understand that most people will complain about the ability being overpowered as is but the duration on the debuff is already incredibly short (2-3 Eldritch Blasts if you are playing a Warlock) and it does require a decent amount of AP investment in the Tiefling Racial Tree before it is unlocked. Any feedback on this is much appreciated, maybe I am just not maximizing it properly!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninja95 View Post
    I searched the forums and did not find a discussion elsewhere about this so sorry if this has already been asked. Are there any plans to change the Tiefling Scorch enhancement? What I mean by this is that currently the mob debuff is applied after the damage from the SLA is inflicted. It would be much more useful if the debuff was applied prior to the damage being inflicted in many situations. For example: Iron Golems, if you hit them with scorch you heal them for a large amount of damage and have to hope that your followup attack deals more damage than they were healed for initially plus an additional amount. I completely understand that most people will complain about the ability being overpowered as is but the duration on the debuff is already incredibly short (2-3 Eldritch Blasts if you are playing a Warlock) and it does require a decent amount of AP investment in the Tiefling Racial Tree before it is unlocked. Any feedback on this is much appreciated, maybe I am just not maximizing it properly!
    if u are using it to debuff maybe have a seperate icon on your bar that is not maxed/empowered?

i like it so far - but my tiefling is first life fire sorc that uses it to debuff then follow up with fireball/ray
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Ash(Scorch) doesn't work as well for a Warlock as the duration of the debuff is 10 secs so with 3 ranks you should be able to strip the immunity back off. Though you would still get the issues with monsters that are healed by fire. I don't think it should apply 1st, but increasing the debuf duration to 15 seconds would be an alternative.

On a Sorc once you have enough points for Fire Savant SLA you only need to put 1 point into Ash to take Improved Scorch and can use Sorc SLA and regular spell instead that has 5 second cooldown.
    Last edited by HuneyMunster; 06-25-2019 at 02:08 AM.

For warlock breaking immunity to energy is only useful in epics, shadowninja. Ash heals very little damage to the golems, but then you cast energy burst (fire) which does a lot of damage and the golems get the full damage, which makes it profitable to use Ash. I found it very useful in epics, not in heroics, for a warlock. In heroics what is useful for warlock is not to break immunities to fire, but to have a source of additional damage. In epics the damage of Ash is small, but in heroics it is useful.

in short ... with a warlock in heroics use SLA to harm non-immune npcs, and in epics to break immunities to fire before using energy burst
    Last edited by Iriale; 06-25-2019 at 06:58 AM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.