Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Daily quests: to Lynnabel and others

Good day, do you think Daily quests give too much experience, that is why other quests are often ignored?

Maybe reduce experience for them around 15-20% so people do other staff.

List of daily quests to be checked: VoN3, VoN4, Spies, Wizking, LoD, Grim, Subversion - and to lesser extent - Mirror and WGU.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper1 View Post
    Good day, do you think Daily quests give too much experience, that is why other quests are often ignored?

List of daily quests to be checked: VoN3, VoN4, Spies, Wizking, LoD, Grim, Subversion - and to lesser extent - Mirror and WGU.
    Why? What's wrong with having dailies? Why do people need to be forced into doing other quests, how does that help the game? What's the need for such a painful nerf?

Community Member

Rather than reducing their XP by 15-20%, why not increase the amount of XP in other quests that are not run so often by 15-20%.

Sometimes a carrot can be more effective than a stick.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Why? What's wrong with having dailies? Why do people need to be forced into doing other quests, how does that help the game? What's the need for such a painful nerf?

Not nerf, but balance to bring select few quests on par with other quests.

No thanks.

XP/m is not the single variable for quest rewards.

I'd rather see them buff some of the quests that have inexplicably low XP. They can start with level 18-19 quests that go epic level when run on Hard / Elite, and in general offer less XP than an average heroic 3BC quest run at level...
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Not nerf, but balance to bring select few quests on par with other quests.
    If you are making something worse than what it was before, it is a nerf. If you ignore the development of a section of your game, it is a nerf. This is my definition at least. Balance would be inceasing the amount of xp other quests provide that are within the same level range so there is less discrepancy. ToEE was a horrible quest on Day One for example. They went back and "improved" it but it still remains a monumental disappointment for most people (IMO). They did do slightly better on Slave Lords and finally figured it out with Ravenloft. Sharn looks promising but 1 of 3 isn't getting me to purchase early. Not to mention they have already shown their hand. Sharn is a money grab so waiting until September or later will not ruin the experience of playing it.

And it isn't a "select few quests" but the whole design element of DDO that needs to be changed if you hope to accomplish anything that you are suggesting. Newer quests are notorious for being horrible. The only "carrot" they provide is the loot which is useless after 4 to 8 months with our current crop of developers. If you are lucky they produce a pack like Ravenloft which holds some value for a longer period of time. Yes, I mentioned "this" above but it bears repeating. If the developers can't figure out how to make quality content and loot that is balanced around previously released loot, there is no reason to invest in DDO any longer. Every MMO runs on this principle of "bigger is better." DDO separated themselves from this model in earlier development and attracted players. If SSG wants to attract players they need to balance quests and equipment. Not nerf things so they can sell more to the dwindling player base.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

I don't do dailies really, but I think they're already nerfed enough.

-20% elite first time completion of quest
    -50% bravery bonus
    -120% first time reaper
    -30% greater tome
    -20% on second run of the day

That's pretty horrible, even with good base xp and optionals.

Who would fix a car that is fine? So you watch it from another point of view. The other quests just reward a little too less. The logical conclusion would be to boost them. Maybe your insight into game after a few weeks of playing will change.
    Last edited by Robbenklopper; 05-13-2019 at 04:50 AM.
    "It´s too late. Always has been - always will be. Too late"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Balance would be inceasing the amount of xp other quests provide that are within the same level range so there is less discrepancy.
    That's not balance. Balance would be increasing the low and decreasing the high. If only the low go up, that's just increasing not balancing.

This is the same problem when every call for a nerf is shot down. "no, no don't nerf the one class that's out of line. bring everything else up to that"

Epic dailies are an important introduction for new players as it presents them the long-term MMORPG playstyle that DDO has adopted
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

No.

People need to stop worrying about how others are playing. On my most recent life I don't think I joined a daily group even once. I ran lots of different quests and enjoyed myself along the way. Other lives, I've used daily runs. Off destiny work, daily runs.... etc.

Move on.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Community Member

This is a moot point having little or no practical relevance do to the fact that reaper has already fixed this for the TR folks aka the majority. Now if your talking completionest running reaper dailies that should have never been given double XP that's a different subject!

Dailies have their use. Why not form a group of your own and ignore them.

Community Member

Nope. We don't do the "daily" thing. We will run a couple of those quests two or three times a life, usually when we need that last bump to get a level and just want a very practiced run. Occasionally we run a LoD to "warm up" and get a token along the way.

My opinion is: Do not balance them by nerfing them, and the only change to WGU should be to adjust (again) the visuals.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    That's not balance. Balance would be increasing the low and decreasing the high. If only the low go up, that's just increasing not balancing.

This is the same problem when every call for a nerf is shot down. "no, no don't nerf the one class that's out of line. bring everything else up to that"
    Slow down there Thanos Nerfs ARE balance, when they're needed. Buffs are balance too, when they're needed.

Balance isn't about whether a change is positive negative or net neutral. Balance means getting something from where it shouldn't be to where it should. And right now, dailies are not in a place where they shouldn't be, so they don't need to be balanced downward. Some other individual quests might be lower than they should be and need balance upward, I think that's a fair argument. But I don't think that just because WGU or Wiz King gives more xp than other quests automatically means they're giving too much. Too much is a comparison against how fast you can level through epic lives running dailies.

I don't feel boxed in by EN dailies, I find them to be a nice and relaxing option when the mood fits. I actually like that EN dailies narrow down the quest options: it lets everyone in on the game plan. No parties keep it moving better than EN daily parties.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

no... these are fine.
    its the other 'non daily' quests that give too little xp
    Server: Cannith
    Mains: Miahoo, Miahoorog, Miahoohealer, Miahoohjeal, Miahoopuke

Community Member

Thing is - if most people do dailies like VoN3 all time, they wont join another quest like Epic Chains of flame run.

(snip)
    Maybe reduce
    (snip)
    No thank you.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast