Default Snitch mailbox mimic

Buddy and I playing the Snitch, with the mailbox in the courtyard that is toppled over laying on its side. It turns into a mimic. But could only be damaged by spells. It hopped around half in the ground for a bit. So I decided to cast some spells of my own to try to help out. This is my ranger casted spike growth. Then entangle spell landed normally. I don't think I did any damage.

Community Member

Some weird mimic encounters:
    * in von3, the Chactar/Chacter Luridae chest spawned a mimic behind some invisible barrier.
    * in belly of the beast arena fight, champion several chests spawned partially buried. some spawned a mimic, but mimics were inaccessible until the ground collapsed, then they came down raining...

Traveler of the Skies Frogger1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Some weird mimic encounters:
    * in von3, the Chactar/Chacter Luridae chest spawned a mimic behind some invisible barrier.
    * in belly of the beast arena fight, champion several chests spawned partially buried. some spawned a mimic, but mimics were inaccessible until the ground collapsed, then they came down raining...
    The underwater chest in Against the Demon Queen. I couldn't hurt it, it didn't hurt me. It just stayed in the recess in the floor chomping on nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    This is a profoundly disturbing image
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Black Loch, the underwater chest became a mimic; apparently they regen if out-of-combat, because I couldn't kill it via ranged combat (it would just heal my damage shortly).
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Black Loch, the underwater chest became a mimic; apparently they regen if out-of-combat, because I couldn't kill it via ranged combat (it would just heal my damage shortly).
    That's the behavior of every creature that enters into deep water actually, they respawn at their spawn point with full health. In the case of an underwater mimic, they keep respawning at their underwater spawn point in an endless chain
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I thought Mimics could only be there when there are real chests. I was quite surprised as one of the loot "boxes" in Devil Assault suddenly turned into a Mimic ... And after it had died, the pile of gold levitated halfway in the air (I think at the height of the top part of that "box") ...
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Most fun are the mimics that are always there and they spawning yet another mimic.
    Makes this truly a breeding season for mimics.
    (Tho the guilt hurts double as well )

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    That's the behavior of every creature that enters into deep water actually, they respawn at their spawn point with full health. In the case of an underwater mimic, they keep respawning at their underwater spawn point in an endless chain
    One way to deal with it is to get the mimic to aggro on a hireling. As long as the mimic and the hire are beating on each other, the mimic stays put, and you can kill it with arrows. Of course that only works if you can get out of the water and still see it.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"