Default Returning Player w/cpl questions

Been away from DDO for years...downloading the game as I'm writing this (but very, very slow download )...I'm 60-plus years old in RL, and can't remember why I go into a room at times, so have no clue which server(s) I played on years ago. After the game finishes downloading will my characters be listed, and the servers they're on, or will I have to hunt through various servers until I find my characters?

Have servers been 'consolidated' in the past 3-4 years...if so, and my characters were on a server that no longer exists, will I still be able to reactivate them after all this time?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulforan View Post
    Been away from DDO for years...downloading the game as I'm writing this (but very, very slow download )...I'm 60-plus years old in RL, and can't remember why I go into a room at times, so have no clue which server(s) I played on years ago. After the game finishes downloading will my characters be listed, and the servers they're on, or will I have to hunt through various servers until I find my characters?

Have servers been 'consolidated' in the past 3-4 years...if so, and my characters were on a server that no longer exists, will I still be able to reactivate them after all this time?

Thank you for your time and assistance.
    One quick way you can see what character is on what server, is to log on, and click on the "transfer" button on the screen where you choose your server, and mouse over the various servers - this brings up a list of character names & when they were last played.

Of course, you'll have to remember what the character name means to you

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulforan View Post
    European servers were consolidated many years ago ('07?), but nothing since then.

Characters on those servers were offered free server transfer for many years, but that opportunity, I believe, has long since passed.

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    One quick way you can see what character is on what server, is to log on, and click on the "transfer" button on the screen where you choose your server, and mouse over the various servers...
    As a minor alt-aholic, great tip - +1 rep!
    o7

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

There was a server merge in 2007 and when Codemasters shut down their European servers in 2009(?), they offered free character transfers to the then-Turbine-now-SSG servers. But that's it; there was some discussion about another server merge a few years ago, but nothing happened.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

You could contact customer support. They were in my case very friendly and helped me find out what adventure packs I had (returning from several years of absence,too).
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Thank you all, for replies and information.

Community Member

for adventure packs you have as well you can try and see what guest pass's you can buy, you can only buy for packs you own.