Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDO IS Amazing,

Community Member AestorTheKnight's Avatar

Default DDO IS Amazing,

Dungeons and Dragons Online is a truly amazing game!

It's one of the best games I have ever played. (Tenchu Stealth Assassins, Mass Effect, Wipeout, Mount and Blade, are others)

I have been playing DDO for 13 years since it's release in 2006. And it has brought me nothing but joy. It is a game that really makes me happy.

It is so inspiring and so fun!

A truly beautifully made game.

So I just wanna give a salute, an honourable gesture, to the kind amazing people who develop this fantastic game. You do us all proud!

And you provide an amazing service, that is so good, so honourable and lovely.

Thank you my friends. Thank you for all the happiness and joy you bring to me and many others. Thank you!

I really think that Standing Stone Games are an amazing company! Very cool, amazing, imaginative and lovely people. The best of the best!

Keep being awesome my friends! <3
    So in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Cannith: Arqa - Celduin - Gnossos - and others.

Community Member

I have to agree. DDO isn't without it's flaws, such as sometimes crippling LAG, dups/exploits, somewhat outdated graphics ( I sometimes try counting polygons on some models), and sometimes hard to understand Dev decisions, but after nearly 11 years of play, I still find it very enjoyable. I take breaks from time to time, but I have yet to find another game with better character customization, dungeon variation, and overall mechanics. I played Skyrim for almost 2 years, both modded/unmodded. While a visually great game, after a while all the dungeons looked the same, all the combat looked the same, half or more of the mechanics to various tactics looked unfinished at best, or had no real point to them, and after a while, it became a "Oh look, Another flying Rat to kill..." and it didn't matter what you started out playing, it always seemed like by the end, you were a stealth archer... And then I ended up back here... Even after 11 years, I still haven't played all of the original core classes to cap, or even all of the quests. Each life, I can take whole different paths and have a very different experience.

So yes, I think it is still an amazing game, and hope it continues for many more years.
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

DDO is one of the few games having pirates in an fantasy setting.

I think I wrote that when I was more active, years ago : "What DDO doesn't have in graphics, it does have in everything else." Or something like that.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

No other game has made me say out loud "I love this game" as much as DDO has.

Founder, Alpha, Omega and Other Secret Things AnubisPrime's Avatar

Default Aye!

I have also been here for the long haul. It continues to amaze. It is my escape. It's one of the few things in life that I'm "good at".
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

I agree that it's amazing game.

Quite unique, and in a good way.

Thank you SSG for keeping it up and running.

Thumbs up

Indeed!
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Default Agreed!

+1 and totally agree. my son has me hooked on Fortnite currently but DDO is far and away my fav MMORPG of all time.
    Khyberite

I agree this game is awesome!

I like the D&D's flavor!

I hope it goes on forever...

Agreed! Many times I've left it and I always came back =).

Signed.
    TYRS PALADIUM.....Officer. If you think there must be more to the game than pugging, come on and joinTYRS! Willibold Fighter/Wilibold monk /Tooflower monkftr/rogue /Hesteban fvs /Machiavehli druid/ Commabayou bard /Greenbolts ranger/Dramoh arti /Dragbat bard /Covemonster Paladin/A Pherzackerly wizard/Asimovsbayne barb/Pardoner/Cottelettedporc cleric/ftr /

Community Member

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Concur
    I'm starting to get jaded about this whole process- OP release, backend nerf- it's the proverbial mule and the carrot and I end up feeling like an ***.

Think the most amazing thing about DDo is this: It's a game you can always come back to, and pick up where you left of.

In other games when you do not log in for a couple of days, you are kicked out of any community you were part of, because the systems are so restrictive and either you log on daily and contribute or you are replaced. And sure, while we all want to run reaper these days, at least DDo offers something for every powerlevel (whether we like being at that powerlevel or not ). There's many more small things that always make me feel welcome back, but those are the two things that I think are most important. Thank you devs, for giving us something to do when life gives us a break, or for when we really really need to hit something!

Thumbs up

Well said!!! I totally agree.

Default Ditto

I have also been playing since February 2006 and have never stopped. DDO is by far the best MMO I have ever played and there have been a few (no longer).

Keep on staying true to your D&D based theme and the game will always rock. Also please build out Forgotten Realms levels 1-14.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.
    Motto: Enjoy the game, loot and XP will follow

Community Member AestorTheKnight's Avatar

Bump - Cos I Still Love You - Standing Stone Games! <3

Keep up the great work my friends! :-)
    So in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Cannith: Arqa - Celduin - Gnossos - and others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast