Thread: Healbots?

Default Healbots?

Hello everyone, I originally played a cleric forever and have one sitting on the shelf with three cleric lives. Is this toon salvageable as a Healbot? I have only recently started Reaper levels and just curious if its worth getting him going again. Thanks in advance for any advice
    I am the best average player in the Game ...
    Proud Member of Aces over Kings.. the best guild in the game..... period.
    Main: Dogsi Retired legends: Andis (My favorite toon of all time) Snakekiller Abnormal Sidious

Community Member

Depending on who you run with, healbots can have a pretty good presence in mid Reapers.

You'll need a group for that to be true though. Clerics bring their own kind of CC, add healing on top of that and you've got the makings of a decent support character.
    Low Reapers, if you're running around with anyone with any semblance of experience or zerg mentality, prepare to be outpaced and generally feel useless. That's basically what happened to a friend of mine that stopped playing entirely because my other friend and I are focusing on getting racial and class PLs as fast as we can, so we run R1, a difficulty at which neither my undead wizard nor his warlock need babysitting.

If you run with people with a similar amount of PLs/Reaper points, you'll get to enjoy a lot of content though.

Thank you for the info, maybe something fun to try anyways
    Main: Dogsi Retired legends: Andis (My favorite toon of all time) Snakekiller Abnormal Sidious

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Certainly it's salvageable. A healing focused cleric is valuable in reapers.

But just healbotting isn't optimal because you'll be a liability when focused healing isn't needed...which is very often

So may as well do something to contribute when you're not healing. Even if your DPS isn't that great. Healing isn't going to take up all your feat and gear slots or enhancements. So I'd work on either getting your DCs up so you can help in terms of offensive casting or building some melee/ranged capabilities into your character.

Listen to Axel. Bottom line is that you don't need to focus 100% on healing to be a great healer.

Try one of these:

And here's a related discussion w/ some diff suggestions:

Note that you can also go Favored Soul for healing, just to mix things up.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Listen to Axel. Bottom line is that you don't need to focus 100% on healing to be a great healer.

Try one of these:

And here's a related discussion w/ some diff suggestions:

Note that you can also go Favored Soul for healing, just to mix things up.

Thanks I will check these out for sure

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Welcome back, OP.

Apart from what others have said: even if you don't want to melee or do caster DPS, cleric Domains added a few new crowd-control options. Animal has Feral Charge, Earth has Earthquake, Law has Greater Command SLA, Trickery has Mass Hold Monster. Also Burst of Glacial Wrath belongs in any CC caster's repertoire, IMO.

So even if you want a cleric who focuses on party support rather than DPS or soloing, remember that CCing monsters helps keep your team alive just as much as pumping out healing does. Which is why everyone will tell you that a pure healbot isn't the best way to go.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 05-18-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Welcome back, OP.

Also Burst of Glacial Wrath belongs in any CC caster's repertoire, IMO.
    not trying to derail..... but would you say that even on a fire dc spec sorc?

on topic - clerics are already good at healing. its kinda their thing and its fine to have that be the first focus..... but after that have something to do for i fear you will either be bored to tears or stressed in reapers.
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    not trying to derail..... but would you say that even on a fire dc spec sorc?
    You don't use BoGW for the cold damage, IMO, you use it for the helplessness to frozen targets. THEN you dump your DPS spells on them. And if you've already built for Evocation DCs, well, that's the most important step right there.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    You don't use BoGW for the cold damage, IMO, you use it for the helplessness to frozen targets. THEN you dump your DPS spells on them. And if you've already built for Evocation DCs, well, that's the most important step right there.
    well ya

oi built my sorc for enchant/necro dcs - but evo was up there too - i felt that it would get reduced from the sorc tree so i didnt try?

that would make it viable if it doesnt.
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius