Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Brains and other spare parts! DeltaBravo's Avatar

Aetherband Bracers
    Minimum Level: 15/29

• Spell Penetration +3/+9
    • Insightful Spell Penetration+2/+5
    • Magical Efficiency +5%/+10%
    • Shield Bonus +8/+21

The shield bonus on this onee dont seem to apply any bonus even unarmed.

Deltabravo I have come here to FROG things up!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Since I'm not actually in the office and haven't had a chance to respond individually when things are done, I figured I'd give you guys a quick summary. Here's my Monday Morning to-do list for loot so far:

1. Replace quell with vorpal on graetaxe again
    2. Spice up Raid Repeater
    3. Spice up Raid Goggles
    4. Insightful doublestrike in Part of the Family set somewhere
    5. Int Cloak to Quality Int again
    6. Put Ghostly on Ruby Ring instead of sheltering
    7. Make proc effect on stone boots, drop anchoring

Thanks for providing feedback! As a quick reminder, your feedback is infinitely more likely to be acted upon if they're posted as concrete, constructive suggestions. "This is bad" is way less easily worked with than "replace X with Y"
    WOOHOO, thank you!!!

Default Arcsteel Battlemage

Hello Lynnabel,

Please could you replace a couple or 3 of the effects on the helm of the Battlemage set? Very few people interested in this set as i read in the thread and looking at Lamma builds. Specifically:

Will 17 -> Insightful deadly
    MRR -> Insightful Intelligence
    Ins MRR -> Potency (?)

This way it would be much more fun set. Problem with battlemage is it needs to do dps and then also need to build for magic, so usually very very difficult to itemize. Also, many variations rely on evasion and MRR sources are not so difficult to work on, in any case.

Also, the set itself has no melee power. Giving even a minimal 10 MP would be nice. At any rate the melee dps ends up notably lower than melee dps purely focused.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by thunir View Post
    Molten Adamantine Gauntlets Raid Gloves
    Minimum Level: 29
    Pierce Adamantine
    Insightful Accuracy +16
    Doublestrike +24%
    Action Boost Enhancement This will increase the total number of Action Boosts you can use by 3. However, these additional Action Boosts will only take effect after the wielder rests.

Why are these not in the "Part of the Family" set. Great item, but not for the new content. I can use it in the old sets, just not the new one. Doesn't make sense.
    Agreed. I personally think that non-set raid items that overlap with set items slots should have the ability to have the set bonus added to them via nearly finished. That way melee toons that want to grind for a melee focused item like the Adamantine gloves won't have to lose the set bonus (which they probably won't do) to get them. It really reduces the amount of items in some cases that are worth raiding for, and may make the raids have less longevity over time.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Piston Boots Raid Boots
    • Strength +21
    • Fulcrum Shift: When you jump, you benefit from 5 Melee Power for a short period of time.
    • Quality Combat Mastery +5
    • Stunning +24
    Unless the duration is longer than the cooldown (so you can stack it by bunny hopping, which would be hilarious), please consider reverting this to Loot Preview 2's version of Fulcrum Shift: "Whenever you jump, grants melee power based on a portion of your Jump skill, has an internal cooldown."

+5 MP is pretty lackluster for a raid item. I'd suggest +1 MP per 5 Jump, based on the following:
    • 40 Jump is benchmark minimum, would be +8 MP (equal to L. Ring of Prowess - and with less up-time and on a raid item).
    • 100 Jump is reasonable ~max without major investment (20 ranks, 40 Str, 30 spell, etc), giving +20 MP. Considering it's a temporary buff, and you're 60 over the useful amount of a skill, I don't think that's unreasonable.
    • 160 Jump (requiring multiple equipment slots like LGS +22/11/6) would give a +32 MP bonus; significant, but with say 50% uptime max it's now down to +16 MP average, with a ton of wasted skill and two items required (like a 3-slot LGS dedicated to adding +8 MP while Fulcrum Shift is active).

Thank you for your time.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Default Epic Light Crossbow

Not sure if this was seen already, but it seems that the epic version of the light crossbow should have a "better" vorpal since the heroic version has the regular "vorpal".

Thanks and I'm greatly looking forward to next week and reaping all of y'all's hard work!!!

Community Member

Since I'm not actually in the office and haven't had a chance to respond individually when things are done, I figured I'd give you guys a quick summary. Here's my Monday Morning to-do list for loot so far:

1. Replace quell with vorpal on graetaxe again
    2. Spice up Raid Repeater
    3. Spice up Raid Goggles
    4. Insightful doublestrike in Part of the Family set somewhere
    5. Int Cloak to Quality Int again
    6. Put Ghostly on Ruby Ring instead of sheltering
    7. Make proc effect on stone boots, drop anchoring

Thanks for providing feedback! As a quick reminder, your feedback is infinitely more likely to be acted upon if they're posted as concrete, constructive suggestions. "This is bad" is way less easily worked with than "replace X with Y"

That's Sovereign Vorpal, not Vorpal

Quote Originally Posted by Strambotica View Post
    About the caster's wisdom artifact:
    You swap it to a Bracers because had compatibility issues with Druid Set, but now have the same problem with the Divine Set.
    can we get to a middle point and swap it for a ring? Or make a 'duplicate' one bracer and one necklace? Or like slavelord items... that can be use it on both?
    I just noticed this too. The DC Wisdom artifact was great as a necklace item. Moving it to the bracer slot makes it much harder for divine classes to use, as it interferes with the new divine set. Can it be switched back to the necklace slot or even to the glove or boot slot?

There are zero named gloves and boots that give wisdom in the game at the moment. Making it a pair of boots would prevent it from conflicting with the Druid and the Divine set. Turning it into a Slave Lords Shackle-type item that can use the bracers/boot slot would be perfect, but probably out of the question.
    Last edited by Gemini-Dragon357; 05-06-2019 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Typo

Community Member

[LIST=1][*]Put Ghostly on Ruby Ring instead of sheltering
    Since the Ruby Ring is getting reworked to lose an insightful bonus type enchantment for ghostly, would it be possible to make its Accuracy enchantment to be a properly valued insightful bonus type to compensate? The raid item's Insightful Accuracy is +16, so a +15 would seem to hold with the convention of quest-to-raid bonus variations.

Thank you
    Last edited by Sorcerio; 05-06-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunir View Post
    Molten Adamantine Gauntlets Raid Gloves
    Pierce Adamantine
    Insightful Accuracy +16
    Doublestrike +24%
    Action Boost Enhancement This will increase the total number of Action Boosts you can use by 3. However, these additional Action Boosts will only take effect after the wielder rests.

Why are these not in the "Part of the Family" set. Great item, but not for the new content. I can use it in the old sets, just not the new one. Doesn't make sense.
    Agreed..

Raid items need to be part of the appropriate sets, otherwise it's a net negative to equip a raid item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerio View Post
    Since the Ruby Ring is getting reworked to lose an insightful bonus type enchantment for ghostly, would it be possible to make its Accuracy enchantment to be a properly valued insightful bonus type to compensate? The raid item's Insightful Accuracy is +16, so a +15 would seem to hold with the convention of quest-to-raid bonus variations.

Thank you
    Sure, I'll throw it on the list.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    The Hallowed Splinters Heavy Crossbow
    • Upgrade Effect: Summon Radiant Bolt This weapon can summon its Radiant Bolt - The Everstar - at will once per day. The Everstar can explode on impact, dealing Light damage to your enemies in an area.
    • Mind Tear This weapon tears at the identity of your foes, reducing their MRR and Spell Power.
    • Coruscating 10d6
    • Holy 10d6
    It would be nice if 'The Hallowed Splinters' (Heavy Crossbow) was a good endgame weapon instead of being a meme weapon. The game currently has no decent named light/heavy crossbows, and after the introduction of the inquisitive enhancement tree I would like this to change, so it's actually a viable option for endgame. I suggest changing the weapon to the following:

The Hallowed Splinters Heavy Crossbow
    • Upgrade Effect: Fetters of Unreality
    • Soul Tear This weapon tears at the soul of your foes, reducing their PRR and Healing Amplification.
    • Cursed Maelstom This weapon is wracked with a dangerous and volatile curse. Striking an enemy has a chance to place a random, debilitating, and deadly debuff on your foe.
    • Improved Destruction

Maybe Everstar could be added to the 'Impetus' (Repeating Heavy Crossbow), replacing Starshatter.
    Last edited by timwaylan; 05-06-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Suggest something rad, yo.
    Arriving late at the party, but anyway:
    Cannith Combat Infusion Your ranged and melee attacks have a chance to cause this item to inject a Cannith Combat Infusion into your bloodstream. For the next ten seconds, this will grant a +4 Alchemical bonus to Strength, Constitution and Dexterity, as well as a 5% Alchemical bonus to your chance to doublestrike and a +2 Alchemical bonus to Armor Class.

As Found on the Hammerfists, I believe that is what the item is called, this whole item is very melee. Yet that ranged always bothered me so much, at best it add to bowstrenght for rangers. Netting a whooping 2 damage on hit when the chance for infusion is triggered.

So nothing against this item but more making a case for having Combath Infusion more updated to latest standards like:
    Cannith Combat Infusion Your ranged and melee attacks have a chance to cause this item to inject a Cannith Combat Infusion into your bloodstream. For the next ten seconds, this will grant a +4% Alchemical bonus to Deadly, Hitpoints, Dodge (Incl Cap) and Saves, as well as a 5% Alchemical bonus to your chance to doublestrike/doubleshot, a +2% Alchemical bonus to Armor Class and PRR (Incl Cap).

Legendary Cannith Combat Infusion Your ranged and melee attacks have a chance to cause this item to inject a Legendary Cannith Combat Infusion into your bloodstream. For the next twenty seconds, this will grant a +8% Alchemical bonus to Deadly, Hitpoints, Dodge (Incl Cap) and Saves, as well as a 10% Alchemical bonus to your chance to doublestrike/doubleshot, a +4% Alchemical bonus to Armor Class and PRR (Incl Cap).

Its a Longshot, I know.
    Last edited by LightBear; 05-07-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerio View Post

Thank you
    You already said that you are making the non-raid helmet Insightful Accuracy.
    This means the only non-raid source of base Accuracy in this xpac will be the ranged helm from the Sharn Wallwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Cannith Combat Infusion Your ranged and melee attacks have a chance to cause this item to inject a Cannith Combat Infusion into your bloodstream. For the next ten seconds, this will grant a +4 Alchemical bonus to Strength, Constitution and Dexterity, as well as a 5% Alchemical bonus to your chance to doublestrike and a +2 Alchemical bonus to Armor Class.

As Found on the Hammerfists, I believe that is what the item is called, this whole item is very melee. .
    Did you happen to notice, those gloves are part of the MELEE DPS armor set?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Akoriv View Post
    You already said that you are making the non-raid helmet Insightful Accuracy.
    This means the only non-raid source of base Accuracy in this xpac will be the ranged helm from the Sharn Wallwatch.
    Never mind, then :P Good catch.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post

As Found on the Hammerfists, I believe that is what the item is called, this whole item is very melee. Yet that ranged always bothered me so much, at best it add to bowstrenght for rangers. Netting a whooping 2 damage on hit when the chance for infusion is triggered.
    So nothing against this item but more making a case for having Combath Infusion more updated to latest standards like:
    Cannith Combat Infusion Your ranged and melee attacks have a chance to cause this item to inject a Cannith Combat Infusion into your bloodstream. For the next ten seconds, this will grant a +4% Alchemical bonus to Deadly, Hitpoints, Dodge (Incl Cap) and Saves, as well as a 5% Alchemical bonus to your chance to doublestrike/doubleshot, a +2% Alchemical bonus to Armor Class and PRR (Incl Cap).
    Legendary Cannith Combat Infusion Your ranged and melee attacks have a chance to cause this item to inject a Legendary Cannith Combat Infusion into your bloodstream. For the next twenty seconds, this will grant a +8% Alchemical bonus to Deadly, Hitpoints, Dodge (Incl Cap) and Saves, as well as a 10% Alchemical bonus to your chance to doublestrike/doubleshot, a +4% Alchemical bonus to Armor Class and PRR (Incl Cap).

Its a Longshot, I know.
    I do agree that it should be updated, just to at least provide more then tensers transformation.

Community Member

Hi Lynnabel

Since you are checking the rings. Would you please consider giving us three stat choices for the onyx ring?

I know you are tired of working on the PM... but it would really make the item more interesting for us

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Delosari View Post
    Hi Lynnabel

Since you are checking the rings. Would you please consider giving us three stat choices for the onyx ring?

I know you are tired of working on the PM... but it would really make the item more interesting for us
    Actually, yes, I did just do that. Onyx Ring got a full redesign as of... an hour ago?

(INSIGHTFUL INT WIS CHA)
    Profane DC +1/Profane DC +2
    Insightful Dodge
    Insightful Resistance

I hope this fits a little better

Greetings!

A couple of thoughts.

I understand that this is a game of choices, so if this falls under that, so be it. That said, Of the 7 gear sets, 6 of the 7 sets allow you to wear both the gear set AND the community created googles. The Esoteric set is prohibited from benefiting from this unique item. As potential solutions, 1) could the Named goggles from the set be moved to gloves, neck, or helm, or 2) could the community created goggles be added to the Esoteric set bonus (which doesn't really fit the definition of the word Esoteric, though the set bonus would).

Addtionally, the raid quarterstaff, The Eclipse Itself, currently upgrades differently on Lamma that is does as stated in the U42 Preview 3 Loot list. The following are discrepancies:
    1) LOOT PREVIEW NOTES: QUALITY Spell Lore 19% ~ ACTUAL ITEM: EQUIPMENT bonus to Spell Lore 19%
    2) LOOT PREVIEW NOTES: Tier 1 upgrade: Adds an additional augment slot ~ ACTUAL TIER 1 UPGRADE: Adds both a purple and orange augment slot (not complaining)
    3) LOOT PREVIEW NOTES: Tier 2 upgrade: Pick a Primary Element ~ ACTUAL TIER 2 UPGRADE: Functions as expected
    4) LOOT PREVIEW NOTES: Tier 3 upgrade: Pick a Secondary Element ~ ACTUAL TIER 3 UPGRADE: Pick a School of Focus +9

It's wonky on the Loot Notes because it says one thing in the general Raid Loot Notes at the top and then for the specific item when listed below, functions mostly as it is does on Lamma. Perhaps, just typos.

Could the Quarterstaff be added to the Esoteric Influence set bonus?

Thanx,
    Franghasea
    Franghasea of Argonnessen
    Founder of the guild: Ischa Oti Cevil Illu Mi Nati

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast